Radio 1116 SEN 2019 Lineup

Mr X

Club Legend
AFL Club
Geelong
I would hazard a guess that one of the tings that Hutchy cares least about overall is rating surveys.

It is an antiquated method at best of judging success, and one which a total of 0 of his commercial agreements would be based on. Good talking fodder for the average punter and average newspaper article (which I am sure he would appreciate) but little relevance otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Collingwood
I would hazard a guess that one of the tings that Hutchy cares least about overall is rating surveys.

It is an antiquated method at best of judging success, and one which a total of 0 of his commercial agreements would be based on. Good talking fodder for the average punter and average newspaper article (which I am sure he would appreciate) but little relevance otherwise.
Maybe.
But harder to sell advertising when they query if anyone is even listening...

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Agencies place a lot of reliance on the ratings numbers and it can be hard to sell to agencies when you have low numbers, however when selling to direct clients the numbers play a less significant role.
Yep Hutchy relationship manages his direct advertising clients cleverly with d grade celeb access and event packages tied into ad purchasing.

The ratings are diabolical.

Never thought I would say this but found myself switching to Ox and Marco. Doc Turf is unlistenable, and makes Kb The same. A truly Andy Maher like achievement.

Kb and Doc should be renamed grumpy old men. Unlike the movie they aren't funny and are completely boring.

Watsons smug indifference to anything not Essendon is so bad that he makes the kings of smug, Luke and Ed on the Ms preferable.

Whately is decent but could dial down the pomposity.

Maher is as unlistenable as ever.

Was a pretty rusted on SEN listener but now can only listen to Whately, Lyon and Huddo (but sadly they get turned off when Spud is on).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Melbourne
It was ironic.

Pickering has a very sandpaper gravel voice, not suited to radio.

But still easier on the ear than Terry Wallace’s voice.

Does terry know he has a dreadful voice?
He got whacked in the windpipe during his playing days, if I recall correctly. That was before Grinter tried to take his head off, too.

James1970

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
I would hazard a guess KB and Doc pull in enough of the 60+ male to keep them on air, but I'm surprised they haven't been moved to Midday this year for just a couple of hours. If they want Andy, then throw him on at 2-4, then get semi-serious with a professional (or even two if then can find another) to run 4-7. Dare I say it - Finey and Rohan might be these pros to provide interesting enough banter over the footy months ahead.

They need to break up the monotony of the same voices over long stretches of time. I've barely bothered so far this year tuning in - each time I do, Terry Wallace seems to be on. Does he not have a life?

imadodgyumpire

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
I would hazard a guess KB and Doc pull in enough of the 60+ male to keep them on air, but I'm surprised they haven't been moved to Midday this year for just a couple of hours. If they want Andy, then throw him on at 2-4, then get semi-serious with a professional (or even two if then can find another) to run 4-7. Dare I say it - Finey and Rohan might be these pros to provide interesting enough banter over the footy months ahead.

They need to break up the monotony of the same voices over long stretches of time. I've barely bothered so far this year tuning in - each time I do, Terry Wallace seems to be on. Does he not have a life?
I agree. I think the main slots are best to be a sports version of the ABC/3AW lineups (Or at least intended). Whateley is a serious broadcaster with clout in the morning (Like Faine and Mitchell are for general social/political affairs), with the drive hosts capable of being serious (Like Raf Epstien is at least, if Tom Elliot is not considered good enough). The rest of the slots being lightweight listening.

James1970

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
I agree. I think the main slots are best to be a sports version of the ABC/3AW lineups (Or at least intended). Whateley is a serious broadcaster with clout in the morning (Like Faine and Mitchell are for general social/political affairs), with the drive hosts capable of being serious (Like Raf Epstien is at least, if Tom Elliot is not considered good enough). The rest of the slots being lightweight listening.
Exactly - the audience KB and Doc attract are mainly retired gents enjoying a beer and a whinge before the wife brings in their dinner. They will still listen at Midday while they enjoy a beer and a whinge while the wife is out shopping.

The audience tuning in after 4 are after some news, some reporting, the days updates and what's going to happen on the weekend. They really don't give a fig about the greatest board-games of the 1960s or the top 10 players under 4 foot to have played back-pocket during the 1920s.

James1970

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Nobody takes Terry Wallace as seriously as Terry Wallace.
He seems to think the Tigers, Pies, Dees and Eagles are certainties for Top 4, but again, he repeats - "It's early days yet! Alot of water to go under that bridge! You never know what can happen!"

FFS.

Top Bottom