Radio 1116 SEN 2019 Lineup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
This conversation between Andy and Georgie Parker is an impediment to women’s sport PR.
I dont know what theyre on about. Wait, i think maher is trying to get people outraged at the idea women are paid teh same as men in majors. Kills time.

I used to think andy was kinda dumb. but after hearing him speak about womens sport and $$$ i think not. He's aligned himself with womens sport aker aflw well. There he can be a big wig, but in afl he's way down the pecking order.

ive met him and hes a really nice bloke.

James1970

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
Just under pussy's bow.
AFL Club
Geelong
This conversation between Andy and Georgie Parker is an impediment to women’s sport PR.
It's an embarrassing segment, bringing in one of the few women on the station to talk about the most trivial s**t imaginable, usually about nothing to do with sport. Cause, you know, what would a chick know about that?

Amazed Andy and Georgie don't see it.

CrowdedHouse

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Melbourne (VFL)
It's an embarrassing segment, bringing in one of the few women on the station to talk about the most trivial s**t imaginable, usually about nothing to do with sport. Cause, you know, what would a chick know about that?

Agreed.

I'm a big supporter of women's footy, and spent countless hours covering it, but from the moment GP signed a rookie contract with the Pies it felt like a novelity signing from the word go.

A lot of media coverage, when other players (IMHO) deserved it a lot more than her.

bedford

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC

SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK !

Dude Lebowski

Team Captain
Aug 9, 2005
Hobart
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Hobart Hurricanes
I used to think andy was kinda dumb. but after hearing him speak about womens sport and $$$ i think not. He's aligned himself with womens sport aker aflw well. There he can be a big wig, but in afl he's way down the pecking order.
He has 3 daughters and a wife at home, so no doubt he's swimming in estrogen and naturally going to gravitate towards women's sport. Also going by his twitter feed, his wife and colleagues are fourth-wave feminists who talk about how Hannah Gadsby is the greatest comedian on earth. So Andy probably doesn't stand much of a chance either way. I don't mind him though, he does have a bit of a different persona on the Carlton Podcast when around his mates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Redline

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Any rumours on who will take over Drive? I presume it will have to be someone already with a contract. Would Huddo go back to a Daily show permanently. Maybe with Reiwoldt or Dal Santo?

TheGreatBarryB

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Texans, Astros, Leeds
Not sure I agree with that, I am not sticking up for Hutchy but the damage is done. If anything KB may have been forced to do this as part of the end of contract negotiations.
Don’t think that would stick in court. His contract ended this year anyway. Didn’t even have to release a statement if he didn’t want to.

Dogs Rule

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
The sort of men I really can’t stand are those who are more militant feminists than the majority of women. You can see most of these men do it for attention and to big note themselves.

kirbatron

Premiership Player
May 28, 2007
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
SEN has lost me a bit. I listen between 8:30-9:30 & 4-5.

Any good shows at these times I should look at?

I'll try Macquarie in the arvo (Marko Ox) for the time being

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
The sort of men I really can’t stand are those who are more militant feminists than the majority of women. You can see most of these men do it for attention and to big note themselves.
Some might. But not all. As is some, a tiny % i think, do it to gain brownie points to trade in for the affections of another person.
But some, most, do it because they strongly feel that way. ok.

Dogs Rule

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Some might. But not all. As is some, a tiny % i think, do it to gain brownie points to trade in for the affections of another person.
But some, most, do it because they strongly feel that way. ok.
Maybe you’re right, but there are definitely some men who love to make a big deal of it.

pendlebury_10

Team Captain
Apr 10, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Stars
Interesting reading that all of these so called listeners 'that will never return to SEN' are the same people who were done when Marko and Ox were given their marching orders. In simple terms, the afternoon drive show was absolute s**t. I've always been a fan of KB in the mornings, but his latest pairing with the Doc just didn't work on any level.

You don't have to be the biggest fan of Hutchy, but the personal attacks are unwarranted. I commend him for his take over of the station - he is willing to take risks to change the way live sport is broadcast in this country. US Sport might not be everyone's cup of tea, but the Superbowl and NBA finals are huge ticket items, now with a massive following in Aus.

If he can find the right personnel for the correct time slots, I see no reason why the station can't thrive.

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Interesting reading that all of these so called listeners 'that will never return to SEN' are the same people who were done when Marko and Ox were given their marching orders. In simple terms, the afternoon drive show was absolute s**t. I've always been a fan of KB in the mornings, but his latest pairing with the Doc just didn't work on any level.

You don't have to be the biggest fan of Hutchy, but the personal attacks are unwarranted. I commend him for his take over of the station - he is willing to take risks to change the way live sport is broadcast in this country. US Sport might not be everyone's cup of tea, but the Superbowl and NBA finals are huge ticket items, now with a massive following in Aus.

If he can find the right personnel for the correct time slots, I see no reason why the station can't thrive.
I like your avatar

Top Bottom