Radio 1116 SEN 2019 Lineup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Kane Cornes will present a top 5 list of afl players who hated the media then got into the media post retirement.

The footy media intrigues me. Jimmy bartel said that north are hot as (correct) since they sacked brad scott. Then he said theyre playing a different brand of footy.I believe he and others have said previously that nothing has changed. footy media change their tune all the time without consequences.

bedford

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC
Cornes is a rat of the highest order . Can't handle the s**t back to him , well Kane you talk crap you'll get it back . Even McLure was better than this rat.

James1970

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
Just under pussy's bow.
AFL Club
Geelong
I wouldn't be surprised if Dwayne gets the afternoon drive slot, with a possible recent player as co-host. He may not be loved, but he's a long-term, professional radio-dude who has the experience to balance all the tricks of the (commercial) trade.

But the co-host can't be Bob Murphy, as he really is too insufferable for any length of time.

Out of left-field, I'd be looking to see if Angela Pippos wants to move into the Midday slot.

bedford

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC
I wouldn't be surprised if Dwayne gets the afternoon drive slot, with a possible recent player as co-host. He may not be loved, but he's a long-term, professional radio-dude who has the experience to balance all the tricks of the (commercial) trade.

But the co-host can't be Bob Murphy, as he really is too insufferable for any length of time.

Out of left-field, I'd be looking to see if Angela Pippos wants to move into the Midday slot.
Maher is ok , might rabble on but has some good guests and is better than Whaterley.

James1970

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
Just under pussy's bow.
AFL Club
Geelong
Maher is ok , might rabble on but has some good guests and is better than Whaterley.
I think Maher will be moved to mornings next year.

Whateley is going to Seven to replace Bruce.

Wouldn't be surprised if KB stayed on in the hope he got his morning slot back next year, but was told recently he wouldn't, so just told 'em to stuff it.

Loken

Reality Educator
Apr 15, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
In my mind im right and im sure many agree , that's if their still listening !
Like i said, not liking him is one thing.

Give an example of why he can't handle it, like i did when he reads out mean tweets of people bagging him and has a laugh about it or bags them back.

Never once have i heard him not being able to take criticism like you imply.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kwality

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 14, 2011
Tootgarook
AFL Club
West Coast
Can someone explain to me how Maher keeps his job?

He uses 50 words when 5 will do. He stutters (Not the stuttering that someone that actually stutters does but some stupid thing that only he does) His questions are always explained to the enth degree when it's very obvious what the actual question is and doesn't need an explanation attached to it.

I have listened to SEN from the very beginning but have to turn it off for his show now as i can not tolerate even the slightest sound of his voice and much to my dismay he's even doing ads and calling footy.

I can understand using him for the golf with Marco gone but i just don't get the attraction as to how he has survived there so long while so many have gone.
Was given the heave ho a couple of years back, & got back some how.

Mr X

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2003
Round here
AFL Club
Geelong
Like i said, not liking him is one thing.

Give an example of why he can't handle it, like i did when he reads out mean tweets of people bagging him and has a laugh about it or bags them back.

Never once have i heard him not being able to take criticism like you imply.
He has an opinion and expresses it - and then engages with callers when they agree or disagree and comes across pretty respectful about it from what I have heard.

It's a talkback station, not sure what more some people really want sometimes in presenters......if there are slots that I don't like, I generally flick the dial somewhere else!

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Because he can't handle it , why do we even need this flog in Victoria.
I disagree respectfully. He can take criticism, and as others have noted he reads out mean tweets. I think he's thick skinned and realises this is his schtick - shock jock to a small extent.

Your opinion about non Victorians is interesting, you've posted about your disdain for macquarie sports radio as its NSW centric (which it is). And now cornes. I think its part of hutchys plan to be a national broadcaster.

Kwality

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 14, 2011
Tootgarook
AFL Club
West Coast
I disagree respectfully. He can take criticism, and as others have noted he reads out mean tweets. I think he's thick skinned and realises this is his schtick - shock jock to a small extent.

Your opinion about non Victorians is interesting, you've posted about your disdain for macquarie sports radio as its NSW centric (which it is). And now cornes. I think its part of hutchys plan to be a national broadcaster.
Thats why the money behind Hutchy comes out of WA & there is more to their strategy that I'm struggling to get across.

Kwality

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 14, 2011
Tootgarook
AFL Club
West Coast
I think Maher will be moved to mornings next year.

Whateley is going to Seven to replace Bruce.

Wouldn't be surprised if KB stayed on in the hope he got his morning slot back next year, but was told recently he wouldn't, so just told 'em to stuff it.
Gave up watching 360 years ago, he's hard to get away from ...

imadodgyumpire

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Lol Cooney trying to downplay the toughness of RL and pumping up the toughness of footy. The fact he played at afl level is conclusive proof footy is a softer game.

The Made Guy

Club Legend
May 22, 2006
Europe
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Inter Milan
I can't stand him as a footy personality but he has been co-host of the no 1 show on Vic 6pm radio for 15 years so he would be a huge get for SEN.
Isn't he already doing a show for the South Australian version of SEN - the afternoon slot? Which he is doing from Melbourne.

Wouldn't be too hard to get him across, although it would complicate things for his 6pm show on 3AW.

Top Bottom