Radio 1116 SEN 2019 Lineup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crashy

Club Legend
Dec 31, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Isn't he already doing a show for the South Australian version of SEN - the afternoon slot? Which he is doing from Melbourne.

Wouldn't be too hard to get him across, although it would complicate things for his 6pm show on 3AW.
He does 3:05 to 3:53 with plenty of ads, usaually 5 callers/ 1 prerecorded interview (which I am sure he puts on his other shows later in the day) and that is his show.

imadodgyumpire

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
It's kind of weird how you remember random s**t, and it affects how you view them?

Consider how many matches Russell has commentated, and all the s**t he cops for it on various forums.

The day after the 2003 NRL Grand Final (A game so good, it's the best game of anything in this country ever), David Hookes, having acknowledged that he didn't like RL, opened sports today glowing praise of the game. Deeerrrrwaaaayyyyynnnnee downplayed it, and was saying Brisbane's performance in the previous week's AFL GF was a better spectacle or some s**t.

He lost me then. Whenever I read criticism of him. I saying to myself "Yeah, he didn't think the 2003 NRL GF was that good. Of course he's a knob".

damochandler

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2007
brisbane
AFL Club
Essendon
Th
It's kind of weird how you remember random s**t, and it affects how you view them?

Consider how many matches Russell has commentated, and all the s**t he cops for it on various forums.

The day after the 2003 NRL Grand Final (A game so good, it's the best game of anything in this country ever), David Hookes, having acknowledged that he didn't like RL, opened sports today glowing praise of the game. Deeerrrrwaaaayyyyynnnnee downplayed it, and was saying Brisbane's performance in the previous week's AFL GF was a better spectacle or some s**t.

He lost me then. Whenever I read criticism of him. I saying to myself "Yeah, he didn't think the 2003 NRL GF was that good. Of course he's a knob".
That 03 nrl grand is probably the best grand ever or second behind 89

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Made Guy

Club Legend
May 22, 2006
Europe
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Inter Milan
He does 3:05 to 3:53 with plenty of ads, usaually 5 callers/ 1 prerecorded interview (which I am sure he puts on his other shows later in the day) and that is his show.
Didn't realise it was that skinny of a program.

I must be one of the few people who doesn't mind him on the radio. He maintains a certain "tempo" to his show on 3AW, keeps things moving along nicely, for example if a talkback hasn't turned down their radio....BANG! they're gone in a flash. Compare that with, say, Andy Maher who gets bogged down asking a basic question.

Don't know if he'd work on SEN though.

Dogs Rule

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Interesting reading that all of these so called listeners 'that will never return to SEN' are the same people who were done when Marko and Ox were given their marching orders. In simple terms, the afternoon drive show was absolute s**t. I've always been a fan of KB in the mornings, but his latest pairing with the Doc just didn't work on any level.

You don't have to be the biggest fan of Hutchy, but the personal attacks are unwarranted. I commend him for his take over of the station - he is willing to take risks to change the way live sport is broadcast in this country. US Sport might not be everyone's cup of tea, but the Superbowl and NBA finals are huge ticket items, now with a massive following in Aus.

If he can find the right personnel for the correct time slots, I see no reason why the station can't thrive.
How many people do you think SEN has converted to NBA and NFL since they've started covering it? I would argue they've been preaching to the converted. It's a fine line because for as many fans of US sports there in Australia, there are 20 times as many that couldn't give a stuff and simply want to hear wall to wall AFL.

Bay Giant

Rookie
Jun 20, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Th

That 03 nrl grand is probably the best grand ever or second behind 89
89 was a steaming pile of absolute horse s**t. Easily one of the worst games in the history of the code in my opinion.

2015 was a ripping game of footy. Pity it was played between 2 expansion clubs.

I can’t believe that expansion actually bought something positive to a code of football in this country!!

Loken

Reality Educator
Day Off
Apr 15, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
SEN really have become a joke with all their supposed techinical issues.

Currently in the first 25 minutes of their flagship program Crunch Time and they go to a break, then replay a convo that happened just before the break, then go to This is your life, now back to Crunch Time.

These are not isolated incidents, they happen with regularity.

James1970

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
Just under pussy's bow.
AFL Club
Geelong
SEN really have become a joke with all their supposed techinical issues.

Currently in the first 25 minutes of their flagship program Crunch Time and they go to a break, then replay a convo that happened just before the break, then go to This is your life, now back to Crunch Time.

These are not isolated incidents, they happen with regularity.
Shocking radio that I'm embarrassed to have on in the background - they just played the Crunch Time riff 40 times before going to yet another round of breaks.

Getting to the stage where the authorities will to look at how much time is devoted to commercials on SEN. If you count the actual ads, plus the namedropping and sponsors in every conversation, it must be over the limits.

Now Bob is being asked about the Pies, after he was asked the same question about them when he first came on at Noon.

Just goes to show how professional Huddo and Whateley are - without them, the rest of are bunch of tossers wagging their dicks in the wind.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man Utd, Atlanta Hawks
Shocking radio that I'm embarrassed to have on in the background - they just played the Crunch Time riff 40 times before going to yet another round of breaks.

Getting to the stage where the authorities will to look at how much time is devoted to commercials on SEN. If you count the actual ads, plus the namedropping and sponsors in very conversation, it must be over the limits.
We come back after 10 minutes of the riff loop and ads, to a 30 second live read out of ads by brereton. Joke.

Top Bottom