Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

I've tuned in and out over the past week or so and calling it b-grade community radio is putting it mildly (and a disservice to the great folks at RRR and PBS).

The amazing thing Bob Murphy has done is make Andy sound like a professional, million dollar, sold-gold radio dude.

Bob is so innocuous, so vapid and bland, Andy must be thinking he's landed in Weekend At Bernies 3.

Seriously, if a 'talent' like Bob gets to extend this experiment into a full-time caper next year, something is seriously wrong with this town. There would be dozens and dozens of people with more experience, wit, knowledge, street-smarts and basic personality for a radio gig than Bob.
like yourself ive tuned in for the odd 10 mins here and there over tha last few weeks & Agree with you 100%...those that believe you can compare murphy and mahers sporting knowledge and broadcasting skill with that of say KB or Finey just to use as an example ought to be institutionalised...i been listening to tv sports commentators,sports hosts.dj's,radio sport presenters etc for over 32 years,and even at this early stage i CAN tell anyone who wants to listen that murphy, is the least talanted,least knowledgable,least informed Full Time sports radio host to EVER grace the sporting airwaves/landscape in this countrys history...Andy must be thinking hes landed at' weekend at bernies 3'....LOL
Andys also thinking,' geez ive fallen on my feet here'.'.how good does this bloke make ME look'

What's with SEN's lack of access to the test cricketers? I heard Garry Lyon complaining the other day that Cricket Australia isn't giving them up at all but Macquirie had Travis Head yesterday.

Really interesting. I did not notice that. Having said that, i dont think the morning show talks much cricket at all.

RSN do between 645-7. Well that's what I hear. Possibly before then also.

Murphy is at the infancy of his broadcasting career. A 1 hour weekly slot on the breakfast show is nothing compared to a 5 day a week, 3 hour daily program as co host. I'm willing to give him time to learn abd work his way into the position.

To put him in one of the prime slots without really developing his broadcasting craft is a decision the station will have to live with.

like yourself ive tuned in for the odd 10 mins here and there over tha last few weeks & Agree with you 100%...those that believe you can compare murphy and mahers sporting knowledge and broadcasting skill with that of say KB or Finey just to use as an example ought to be institutionalised...i been listening to tv sports commentators,sports hosts.dj's,radio sport presenters etc for over 32 years,and even at this early stage i CAN tell anyone who wants to listen that murphy, is the least talanted,least knowledgable,least informed Full Time sports radio host to EVER grace the sporting airwaves/landscape in this countrys history...Andy must be thinking hes landed at' weekend at bernies 3'....LOL
Andys also thinking,' geez ive fallen on my feet here'.'.how good does this bloke make ME look'

Exactly. What's hilarious is that Bob is smart enough to know he's completely out of his depth, but hasn't ability to fake it. So he just comes across as pathetic and inept.

Pretty sure he'll walk at year's end and put it down to experience. He wouldn't want to be sacked. He'll be happy to keep a guest slot and will probably go back to some sort of semi-coaching somewhere.

One of the most successful radio partnerships is coming to an end with Dwayne Russell set to switch stations next year.

For the past 15 years Russell and Brownlow Medallist Gerard Healy have been the hosts of the top rating drivetime Sports Today program on 3AW.

They’ve become an institution in the 6pm-8pm timeslot but that’s all about to change with Russell being lured to SEN.

OH BABY!

What's with SEN's lack of access to the test cricketers? I heard Garry Lyon complaining the other day that Cricket Australia isn't giving them up at all but Macquirie had Travis Head yesterday.

Maybe they signed up to the Indian blokes in the garage, no go to SEN.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure there is much point having Russell calling for AFL Nation apart from the occasional game?

Both Russell and Hudson call for Fox on both Saturday and Sunday. Huddo calls Friday night with Whatley. Makes me wonder if there are other changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back