Radio 1116 SEN 2019 Lineup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

James1970

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
Just under pussy's bow.
AFL Club
Geelong
Why do radio jocks ask if guests can 'stick around'?

Andy does it all the time - 'hey, we just gotta take the news - can you stick around?' 'Gotta throw to a break - is it OK? Got time to stick around?'

For just once in my life I'd love to hear someone simply say 'No, Andy. You can throw to the news or an ad, but I'm done, cheers.'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bedford

Hall of Famer
Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC
I haven't heard much of maher and murphy, everytime I have they seem to be puttting on some faux anger or annoyance with each other.

Can anyone explain why Murphy continues to sing on the station? Amateur hour.
He's actually improved a bit , but that lets him down.

James1970

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
Just under pussy's bow.
AFL Club
Geelong
Can anyone explain why Murphy continues to sing on the station? Amateur hour.
I've heard he's practicing for the biggest day of his life - if the Doggies make it to the Grand Final, he's got the gig playing Leaps and Bounds with Paul Kelly as part of the pre-game entertainment.

He's already got his out-fit sorted, too, and booked in his barbershop appointment.

raymond35

All Australian
Jan 5, 2004
gold coast
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood vfl
I listen to the podcast of all the footy segments at work through my headphones and i just want to thank hutchy for inserting an ad break in the podcast that is so ******* LOUD that it literally hurts my ears and leaves me in pain every time it happens.

the_interloper

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I havent completely stopped listening to SEN, have found that podcasts aren’t much good when shit like the Ashes and Finals footy are on, so the morning show gets a run still but that’s about it. Are people enjoying Andy Maher and Bob Murphy?

lumpinee

Debutant
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
NO...i give them about 20 mins a week...previously btwn 3-5 hrs of KB a week...now its a mix of MSR , JJJ & various podcasts
i only discovered the footyology podcast 7 weeks ago...i know, shame on me...what a revelation and saviour thats been
i intend to listen to most of 19 rounds of episodes missed over the coming off season
i need well informed and researched broadcasters with sharp wit ,high levels of intelligence and genuine love of various sports
with theyre feet planted firmly on the ground....not the half dozen tossers there now who continually masturbate live on air on a daily basis because 1/ they mistakenly think theyve arrived... & 2/ they cant believe theyre dumb luck that thanks to the owners cheapness they actually have a job that they are in no way qualified to do.

Last edited:

Top Bottom