tomsimpkin31

Premiership Player
Jun 15, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United, Bushrangers
he is right though in saying that you need 100% evidence to suspend...assuming wont cut it
Yes in terms of gouging that's correct but if the trial is for unnecessary contact for the face then there doesn't need to be 100% evidence that he gouged. It is blatantly obvious the contact was unnecessary and Kingy's statement that the face gets touched 30 times a match is neither here nor there.

tomsimpkin31

Premiership Player
Jun 15, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United, Bushrangers
Craddock now will be on. You just know he’s going to be captain obvious in hindsight, as though he had some knowledgeable insight prior.
He certainly does think his "death by strangulation" phrase is genius. Has trotted it out at least 30 times over the last month.

lumpinee

Debutant
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Yes in terms of gouging that's correct but if the trial is for unnecessary contact for the face then there doesn't need to be 100% evidence that he gouged. It is blatantly obvious the contact was unnecessary and Kingy's statement that the face gets touched 30 times a match is neither here nor there.
sure gonna be an uncomfortable afternoon for him,but i think they"ll fine him...and i agree with you that the 30 per match is an exaggeration...99.9% of players dont go there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs Rule

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
You just knew Gerard was going to channel his inner Alfred Noyes when Australia retained the Ashes last night.
I can imagine something like. “A win for the ages...built on a narrative of epic proportions...Australia and the Old Enemy in the time honoured clash. A victory that will define (insert word nobody has heard before here to sound intelligent). The Gods, the fates were with Australia last night...hostilities will resume in London for the fifth and final Test of this gripping, mesmerising, intoxicating series....(at which point his head explodes).

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
I can imagine something like. “A win for the ages...built on a narrative of epic proportions...Australia and the Old Enemy in the time honoured clash. A victory that will define (insert word nobody has heard before here to sound intelligent). The Gods, the fates were with Australia last night...hostilities will resume in London for the fifth and final Test of this gripping, mesmerising, intoxicating series....(at which point his head explodes).
Are you his script writer?

beez

A*mazing
Sep 15, 2004
Dale Thomas' arse
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cult of Robbo
“A morning of bursting pride.”

Shut up Gerard. It’s not the 80s anymore.
If you're not a cricket fan, that's fine, but it's certainly been a day of bursting pride for me. And I suspect a lot of cricket lovers.

I didn't hear him this morning but he could've waffled on for three hours about the cricket and I think it would've been appropriate given everything that has occurred in the last six weeks - and the last 18 months.

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
If you're not a cricket fan, that's fine, but it's certainly been a day of bursting pride for me. And I suspect a lot of cricket lovers.

I didn't hear him this morning but he could've waffled on for three hours about the cricket and I think it would've been appropriate given everything that has occurred in the last six weeks - and the last 18 months.
Agreed. I know ive watch replays of the days play and its been great. Im searching for poms to talk cricket to. Funny they were everywhere last test, now they've disappeared or stated no one cares about cricket in england.

Rustyrich

Team Captain
Aug 17, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
I have read all that with a Gerard Whateley accent

imadodgyumpire

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
"Bursting with pride" is a fair bit different to "Enjoying bragging rights" or "Relived that a drought in England has ended". This Ashes series has been a bit of a cripple fight.

TheExtractorFactor

Club Legend
Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Knicks // NY Giants
I feel awful for my opinions on his media appearances now. Really seemed like he was on top of his issues given how open he has been but looks like that might not have been the case. Horrible either way.

Top Bottom