Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

SENs cricket coverage was excellent IMO

Have got the mix right with the play by play commentary ( Huddo is just a class above anyone ) , special comments and having the stats guy on hand with his obscure statistics was great .
Also having talkback before , during the lunch break and after play really added to the coverage .
Has 7 and fox well covered from I saw and listened too
It was brilliant and going to be a bit dull today.

Wow Macquarie sports radio. Thank god we don’t get the Sydney/bris feed during the year. Absolutely s**t. Coogee, northern beaches!! Had a drink there. Sat at this table and they told me it’s reserved and in walks nick Davis in his Sydney tracksuit.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wow Macquarie sports radio. Thank god we don’t get the Sydney/bris feed during the year. Absolutely s**t. Coogee, northern beaches!! Had a drink there. Sat at this table and they told me it’s reserved and in walks nick Davis in his Sydney tracksuit.

“I see it but I don’t believe it”

Just another example of 'selfish' radio - Surely you tweak the program to ensure it has more relevance to the other states who are taking the feed.

Just another example of 'selfish' radio - Surely you tweak the program to ensure it has more relevance to the other states who are taking the feed.

I find that as a nation we are divided along so many lines. Geographically, then states, then council/shires. Each state has it's own football code, each state gives birth to experts pertaining to "their" code. Experts come together and there's an immediate clash. Sports are "ours", "theirs"..... a real sense of us vs them.

That's why i respect hosts and guests who seamlessly slither between all sports and you have no idea which is their own sport of choice.

Same will apply to Sen Melbourne shows being also broadcast on Sen Adelaide ?

Will be very Melbourne/Victorian centric to any South Australian listening over there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same will apply to Sen Melbourne shows being also broadcast on Sen Adelaide ?

Will be very Melbourne/Victorian centric to any South Australian listening over there

My post is also referring to the 'I played golf yesterday' syndrome where radio hosts have to bore us endlessly with their private matters - There is no place for this on radio.

Bruce getting mistaken for Huddo ?

“Thirteen, Thirteeeen”

3-F9-CF45-C-9441-4-C72-BF7-F-63-E4113-A1-E32.jpg

I'd like to weigh in on the whole Gerard Whateley thing the only way I can express it.
Using Hutchy and Gerard's love of Wrestling, here's how I've seen it from afar.

Disclaimer: Any non Wrestling fans will think I'm talking double Dutch but I don't care.

Hutchy is like Vince Russo.

Vince buys WCW.
WCW turns to s**t and eventually merges with WWE.

Note: I am also comparing AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan with WWE CEO Vince McMahon in that their organisations are the only things that matter and plenty of dollars to be made will be made.

Hutchy/Croc Media, buys Pacific Star Network, the owners of SEN1116 and has turned that to s**t.

Hutchy has decided to trade in Gerard Whateley from ABC Radio while still on AFL360, a show irrelevant to the comparisons.
Like all Wrestling promotions, there needs to be a top Babyface and a top Heel. (Babyface = good guy character and Heel = bad guy character.)
Hutchy has decided that Gerard will be his No. 1 Heel.

Now here is where my comparisons come unstuck.

I do not know who SEN's Babyface (or Face for short) is nor do I know who WCW's top 2 guys were at the time.

Hutchy's emphasis on clickbait radio, by ratings reports, has turned SEN1116 awry.

I would rather listen to Kane Cornes than Gerrard......the bits I hear of Kane's shows always seem informative and light entertainment. The entertainment part is what SEN is supposed to impart as well, but don't bother too much to do so anymore........hence it has become boring in most cases.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back