Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to weigh in on the whole Gerard Whateley thing the only way I can express it.
Using Hutchy and Gerard's love of Wrestling, here's how I've seen it from afar.

Disclaimer: Any non Wrestling fans will think I'm talking double Dutch but I don't care.

Hutchy is like Vince Russo.

Vince buys WCW.
WCW turns to s**t and eventually merges with WWE.

Note: I am also comparing AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan with WWE CEO Vince McMahon in that their organisations are the only things that matter and plenty of dollars to be made will be made.

Hutchy/Croc Media, buys Pacific Star Network, the owners of SEN1116 and has turned that to s**t.

Hutchy has decided to trade in Gerard Whateley from ABC Radio while still on AFL360, a show irrelevant to the comparisons.
Like all Wrestling promotions, there needs to be a top Babyface and a top Heel. (Babyface = good guy character and Heel = bad guy character.)
Hutchy has decided that Gerard will be his No. 1 Heel.

Now here is where my comparisons come unstuck.

I do not know who SEN's Babyface (or Face for short) is nor do I know who WCW's top 2 guys were at the time.

Hutchy's emphasis on clickbait radio, by ratings reports, has turned SEN1116 awry.
Very good.

Gerard is a heel who do desperately wants to be (and thinks he’s a) face.

If only SEN had an Iron Sheikh, a cartoon character as presented but a legit tough guy who cut the funniest promos (and was high quite a few times).

Gene Mean ....
The funniest thing, cracked me up every time, “you know Gene Mean...”

[they were legit friends actually and Gene was best man at Iron’s wedding)

Yooz can bag me if ya want, but listening to a strong Indian accent for too long is hard work, so I've been listening to the cricket mainly on Macquarie (1278 am), mostly for that reason
Aside from the popularity of Red Symons, it's one reason why people dislike the new abc breakfast radio combo. Although, I think Smai is Pakistani?

I'm talking about ABC radio on the SEN thread, and I don't give a s**t what Bedford thinks.

Aside from the popularity of Red Symons, it's one reason why people dislike the new abc breakfast radio combo. Although, I think Smai is Pakistani?

I'm talking about ABC radio on the SEN thread, and I don't give a s**t what Bedford thinks.
Lol , so why bring it up Dodgy.

I'm too lazy to wanna concentrate listening to an accent. Anyway, I got some karma and ended up listening to SEN for most of the day. :p Macquarie started going in and out of delay today, which obviously meant they were sometimes broadcasting after the tv pictures, which I don't like; I like having the 4 or 5 seconds to look at the telly if something happens when I'm potting around the house.

I'm too lazy to wanna concentrate listening to an accent. Anyway, I got some karma and ended up listening to SEN for most of the day. :p Macquarie started going in and out of delay today, which obviously meant they were sometimes broadcasting after the tv pictures, which I don't like; I like having the 4 or 5 seconds to look at the telly if something happens when I'm potting around the house.

SEN's Indian commentator sounds like an Aussie impersonating an Indian.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee the Evenings ratings are pretty grim.

What was the dates of this survey? I would've thought there's a natural drop-off at this time of year. Would be interesting to see the Survey 8 - 2017 results

That would have been from his goody 2 shoes stance, turned me off him.
Correct.

Just was too much.
And relentless.

And no Gerard, it’s not defining the Australian way of life.

Hmmm, not a great result for the station. Maybe you can say its a teething period after hutchy took over.

Im a fan of GW. But I can see that there is a real swell or undercurrent of dislike of him. Say he's rated out of 10, I reckon he's lost a few points, say 3, from his pre 2018 ranking. So big fans rate him 10/10, now a 7. Etc.

I think australians dont like PC/nanny state stuff. People should be able to do and say whatever they want, except being told what to do. Neil Mitchell always says that, said it about adam goodes (we dont like him because he tells us what to do) and it may have some truth to it. Maybe GW needs to tone it down a bit.

Hmmm, not a great result for the station. Maybe you can say its a teething period after hutchy took over.

Im a fan of GW. But I can see that there is a real swell or undercurrent of dislike of him. Say he's rated out of 10, I reckon he's lost a few points, say 3, from his pre 2018 ranking. So big fans rate him 10/10, now a 7. Etc.

I think australians dont like PC/nanny state stuff. People should be able to do and say whatever they want, except being told what to do. Neil Mitchell always says that, said it about adam goodes (we dont like him because he tells us what to do) and it may have some truth to it. Maybe GW needs to tone it down a bit.
Mitchell is all about himself and an Ambulance chaser .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back