Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Their social media has become a recycled news service. Sharing stories from 2 weeks ago all the time

Like this

I’d say they are more under pressure than those coaches

I think many share your viewpoint. But that's not entirely their fault. Because everything is NOW NOW NOW, they have to put something up as others/competitors are doing the same. So put something up, or get left behind.

Having said that, they could post something about a current day event.

he’s so dislikable. In life some people are more likeable some are dislikable. He’s just at the high dislikable scale.

Listen to the Sounding Board podcast. Damo comes off as a flog, but Hutchy seems like a ripper bloke in real life. Clearly has played a “role” in the media. Be great to have a beer with I reckon.

Listen to the Sounding Board podcast. Damo comes off as a flog, but Hutchy seems like a ripper bloke in real life. Clearly has played a “role” in the media. Be great to have a beer with I reckon.
Enjoy the beer.
He’s all yours. I couldn’t risk it.

The valid point, and a fair point by you, is in real life sometimes people are very different to their persona.

Enjoy the beer.
He’s all yours. I couldn’t risk it.

The valid point, and a fair point by you, is in real life sometimes people are very different to their persona.
the fat man rarely has a beer.

there is no doubting his success in media manipulation and monetising it. he has come a long way since being bartlett's producer and having to doss in his house due to having no money or accommodation. or friends.

the stand-ins over this period are atrocious. why he diced pros like hillier and granlan lord only knows, he is shithouse at talent spotting.

Whilst in Melbourne over the Xmas period, I listened to SEN quite a bit and was extremely underwhelmed. No matter who the presenter was, the programs were forced & lacking in content. I get that some of them may have been from the B-Team who do the fill-ins in non-ratings but gee, they were way too full of their own importance.

The only show that was listenable and actually gave me a giggle was the final show of 'Off The Bench' when they gave out their 'Self Congratulatory & Third Person' award.

Peter Donegan's 'This Is Your Sporting Life' is pretty good but they kept repeating them overnight, I heard the same ones multiple times. The Part 2 hour of Malcolm Blight's story had a utensil-up which repeated the second part of the show and omitted the third part.

And don't start me on the live broadcasts of US sports, its woeful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst in Melbourne over the Xmas period, I listened to SEN quite a bit and was extremely underwhelmed. No matter who the presenter was, the programs were forced & lacking in content.

SEN is poor radio at the moment.
As they say in the radio business, unless you can grab the listeners' attention in the first few minutes, they will switch stations, and I am certain many are doing just that at the moment.

Both SEN and 3AW are using all their 'decent' presenters for the cricket, Far'k me dead, 3aw used to have summer fill-ins such as Dean Jones and Derwayne, who are both ok, but now we've got Shane "Plonker" McInnes and Michael "I've-Never-Done-Any-Media-In-My-Life" Barlow. Barlow might turn out ok, but I'd rather have a former Test player.
I just noticed on 3AW's podcast page that Brendan Goddard did the last few shows, so I might have a listen, but it'll be tough putting up with McInnes's fake, plonker bullshit

Both SEN and 3AW are using all their 'decent' presenters for the cricket, Far'k me dead, 3aw used to have summer fill-ins such as Dean Jones and Derwayne, who are both ok, but now we've got Shane "Plonker" McInnes and Michael "I've-Never-Done-Any-Media-In-My-Life" Barlow. Barlow might turn out ok, but I'd rather have a former Test player.
I just noticed on 3AW's podcast page that Brendan Goddard did the last few shows, so I might have a listen, but it'll be tough putting up with McInnes's fake, plonker bullshit

Wait... they have ex Docker and Sun Michael Barlow commentating cricket?

I know it’s been heavily mentioned but SEN during the cricket coverage does way too much commentator acknowledging sponsors.

Gerard is by far the worst. Pretty much every second ball he mentions a sponsor.
Becomes very grating in my view.

I know it’s been heavily mentioned but SEN during the cricket coverage does way too much commentator acknowledging sponsors.

Gerard is by far the worst. Pretty much every second ball he mentions a sponsor.
Becomes very grating in my view.
Like the afl. Every goal and mark is a Chisholm gaiman goal or mark of the day

On the way back from holidays on Sunday I had to listen to the ABC , as soon as I could receive SEN I turned it over and it was so much better. The one I don't like is the Australian journo in Peter Lalor , he is boring and seems to be typical of that paper , no wonder no one reads it . Back to the ABC coverage , Jim Maxwell is the most self centered commentator I've ever heard , also said the SCG is the best ground in Australia.

On the way back from holidays on Sunday I had to listen to the ABC , as soon as I could receive SEN I turned it over and it was so much better. The one I don't like is the Australian journo in Peter Lalor , he is boring and seems to be typical of that paper , no wonder no one reads it . Back to the ABC coverage , Jim Maxwell is the most self centered commentator I've ever heard , also said the SCG is the best ground in Australia.

I like jim, and thought ill listen to his interview on cricket unlimited podcast. It was all about sydney sydney sydney, easts cricket club, sydney, nsw, sydney, nsw blues. the hosts are also from sydney and there was no shortage of nsw and sydney bias there either.

ABC was good when stacky, lane, KOK, mitchell. Enjoyed it. Perhaps it was because it was the only station that broadcast cricket then. But it was synonymous with summer. I recall fondly the radio punctuating the air as we were playing backyard cricket with indians, sri lankans, chinese, vietnamese and a south african.

Jim Maxwell seemed a bit of a defender of the late Peter Roebuck.
That was a very murky business.

Flat end to the first part of summer. I do feel for the commentary teams for the first time in a generation having to talk through sustained poor Australian performance at home.
To add insult to injury, weather has now played a part to really prolong things. Must be a real challenge to fill in time at this stage.
Having listened to ABC and SEN over this test - it is a bit of pick your poison. ABC commentary is flat out shocking this summer. No idea who was commentating, but was both monotone and consistently critical and negative. While the criticism may be accurate and deserved, saying the same thing twice an over wears thin.
The question is, does that wear more thin than everything being bought to me by Autobarn and constant reminders about getting my car checked? Not sure.
Waiting for text messages from listeners to be bought to me by Autobarn rather than boundaries. Surprised it has not descended to that over the last couple of days!

Is it just me, or to Merv Hughes and Spud sound really similar.

Merv is doing ads for someone at the moment on SEN, every time I hear the start, I think it is for Spuds mid life crisis and Harley Heaven!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back