Radio 1116 SEN 2023 Line-up

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
I think both sports are hardly Australian. But both are welcome in Melbourne.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
That's a diplomatic comment, and both events have long histories in Australia.

The point is, there could be a government cover up exposed showing that the Tennis cost vic tax payers $5bil a year. For someone like bedford, that would just go in one ear then out the other. But tell them that the GP costs $50-60mil, then they go into meltdown and get personal. Even though that would mean the GP costs roughly $15-20 per vic tax payer per year.

Adding to that. If someone who works at an office close by has lunch at a café in the precinct there..in july, it'll count as revenue that the tennis brought in. Even though it has nothing to do with the tennis. but bedford wouldn't give a s**t about that.

Halo effect.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm struggling to recall, but for memory, Gary Honey knew about athletics (of course) and a little bit about horse racing, but had the personality of an old pair of socks, and not a good voice for radio. I don't think it's a coincidence that he never worked on air again (that I know of) after his 3uz gig . His personality barely improved from what he showed in this interview. :p

Last edited:

saha

Cancelled
Jul 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Haha you got a mention on air, Bedford. I know you and many others aren't fans but unless there is any better live sporting option I'm all for it. Plus they are going to Big Bash. Love the NFL so happy they're covering it

Dixie Normous

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm struggling to recall, but for memory, Gary Honey knew about athletics (of course) and a little bit about horse racing, but had the personality of an old pair of socks, and not a good voice for radio. I don't think it's a coincidence that he never worked on air again (that I know of) after his 3uz gig . His personality barely improved from what he showed in this interview. :p

He looks like Cackles from Romper Stomper

saha

Cancelled
Jul 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Are you sure?

Positive. Producer had obviously passed on his post because they were saying how much he was loving it.

They were pretty average games today.

Per my post from Monday though - SEN coverage is rubbish and not worth listening to.

Disagree re their coverage. Yes, it'd be great if it wasn't the same feed as the TV but when they had hosts around the games rather than just the feed I actually found it good to listen to, especially on my Monday drive to work. It kept me in the loop across all games when I couldn't be watching. Not really sure what you expect from it but I was glad they did it

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Positive. Producer had obviously passed on his post because they were saying how much he was loving it.

Disagree re their coverage. Yes, it'd be great if it wasn't the same feed as the TV but when they had hosts around the games rather than just the feed I actually found it good to listen to, especially on my Monday drive to work. It kept me in the loop across all games when I couldn't be watching. Not really sure what you expect from it but I was glad they did it
I listened for about mins of DEEEfence and then OFFence

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
American football fits perfectly with hutchy. He loves all things American. The sport lends itself perfectly for radio with lots of breaks in play for advertising. Enjoy playing flag gridiron, but you won't get me ever listening to it on the radio (superbowl excepted). Are we an American radio broadcaster now, or still a Melbourne (adelaide and probably oz wide next) sports station?

American football fits perfectly with hutchy. He loves all things American. The sport lends itself perfectly for radio with lots of breaks in play for advertising. Enjoy playing flag gridiron, but you won't get me ever listening to it on the radio (superbowl excepted). Are we an American radio broadcaster now, or still a Melbourne (adelaide and probably oz wide next) sports station?

True that hutchy is a USA lover that’s fine. I think his experience over there is influencing his vision to become a national broadcaster with international flavour too. Before hutchy this was not evident.

darren berry interview with nicole bradkte (nee provis) very good. Ask questions that allowed nicole to open up and elaborate, rather than leading questions by others.

Looking forward to updates from the Australian Open - the grand slam of the asia-pacific

Aug 27, 2007
brisbane
AFL Club
Essendon
They Australian broadcasters for it. They should use an American feed.

Hello SEN fan,
Welcome to a new sporting year, and another era of big time, live sport.

From today, on the all new SEN app, you’ll notice some key changes. You’ll have an unprecedented five sports stations to choose from. All delivering the broadest live sport’s coverage ever assembled in Australia, supported by some great identity-led programs.
Our commitment to premium content remains on 1116 SEN. Over the next two weeks alone, you’ll have the best play-by-play action of the Australian Open, Test cricket, daily Big Bash, Melbourne United, Melbourne City and Melbourne Victory matches to choose from. Not to mention our Australian exclusive Superbowl call, headed by Gerard Whateley.
All called by our team, for you.
That’s on top of our marquee shows returning bigger than ever in 2019: Garry and Tim (Jan 21); Whateley - with his regular contributors including Daisy Pearce, Bob Murphy and Malcolm Blight (Jan 29); Andrew Maher (Jan 14) and KB and The Doc (Jan 21).
But it’s our new, other SEN branded stations where you’ll experience more change and more choice.
Our 1377 AM SEN+ station, listed second on the app, will continue to roll out more unique sports offerings. More tennis in the next two weeks and national games of A-League remain. It will also soon become the dedicated home of the Melbourne Rebels in Super Rugby.
Our SEN SA station, 1629 AM, is also available on the app. Kane Cornes and Andrew Hayes are up and running for breakfast, while Dwayne Russell’s hard hitting new show debuts January 21.
Kym Dillon and Michelangelo Rucci’s “Kymbo and The Rooch” debuts soon after as part of our commitment to tailored South Australian content.
On the app, you’ll also notice two new SEN branded stations, SEN2 and SEN3. Both are also available in your cars, in crystal clear digital sound, via DAB+.
SEN2 will become a special event channel at key times – for these next two weeks, it will be wall-to-wall tennis with KIA Presents AO Live running day and night for our tennis die-hards. SEN3 will simulcast mostly 1116 SEN content but with a difference – it is the station that will be offered to those in NSW from a digital perspective due to varying NSW state streaming laws. So look for some northern market-friendly content from time-to-time. All stations can now be easily launched and flicked between.
Confused? Hopefully more like spoilt for choice. We don’t mind where and how you listen, just as long as we can connect via your own sporting passions. Let me know if we’ve missed the mark – otherwise please enjoy the SEN sporting smorgasbord. Thanks for all of your support; wishing everyone a happy sporting year ahead in 2019.

Diversification is good.

Mr X

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2003
Round here
AFL Club
Geelong
I don't care how many digital options Hutchy has......Cam Luke should be on none of them.

I guess the ploy is good to have him and Dal Santo on breakfast this week, to really make you feel like you need Garry and Tim back!

Back