Radio 1116 SEN 2023 Line-up

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Mr X

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2003
Round here
AFL Club
Geelong
I would hazard a guess that one of the tings that Hutchy cares least about overall is rating surveys.

It is an antiquated method at best of judging success, and one which a total of 0 of his commercial agreements would be based on. Good talking fodder for the average punter and average newspaper article (which I am sure he would appreciate) but little relevance otherwise.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I would hazard a guess that one of the tings that Hutchy cares least about overall is rating surveys.

It is an antiquated method at best of judging success, and one which a total of 0 of his commercial agreements would be based on. Good talking fodder for the average punter and average newspaper article (which I am sure he would appreciate) but little relevance otherwise.
Maybe.
But harder to sell advertising when they query if anyone is even listening...

athol

Draftee
Aug 19, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Maybe.
But harder to sell advertising when they query if anyone is even listening...

Agencies place a lot of reliance on the ratings numbers and it can be hard to sell to agencies when you have low numbers, however when selling to direct clients the numbers play a less significant role.

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Agencies place a lot of reliance on the ratings numbers and it can be hard to sell to agencies when you have low numbers, however when selling to direct clients the numbers play a less significant role.

Yep Hutchy relationship manages his direct advertising clients cleverly with d grade celeb access and event packages tied into ad purchasing.

The ratings are diabolical.

Never thought I would say this but found myself switching to Ox and Marco. Doc Turf is unlistenable, and makes Kb The same. A truly Andy Maher like achievement.

Kb and Doc should be renamed grumpy old men. Unlike the movie they aren't funny and are completely boring.

Watsons smug indifference to anything not Essendon is so bad that he makes the kings of smug, Luke and Ed on the Ms preferable.

Whately is decent but could dial down the pomposity.

Maher is as unlistenable as ever.

Was a pretty rusted on SEN listener but now can only listen to Whately, Lyon and Huddo (but sadly they get turned off when Spud is on).

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
He is absolutely spot on , Symonds is terrible in person and as a commentator .

I dont disagree. But it was interesting given pickers also lacks polish on air.

Symmo is just a typical aussie bloke. Loves beer and fishing.

Back