Radio 1116 SEN 2023 Line-up

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
This chat happened:

Watson: why didn't you watch the melbourne game?
lyon: cause i was coming back from geelong
w: you know you can record games and watch them later
L: we were going out (at night)
w: why are you going out during footy season?
L: I know! i asked nikki that

Did he really say that?

I don't hang Lyon for what happened. What business is it of the public just cos they're public figures?

All that said, I don't think I'd be mentioning her by name and reminding people.

Jul 3, 2008
Just under pussy's bow.
AFL Club
Geelong
Something i think the drive show is doing well is the hour between 5pm and 6pm every Monday, where they speak to experts from SA, WA, NSW and Qld. It allows for a better insight into what's happening with the clubs in those states.

Just shows you how awful the rest of the timeslot is when what was just a normal part of the programming every Monday arvo is now a highlight.

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
Something i think the drive show is doing well is the hour between 5pm and 6pm every Monday, where they speak to experts from SA, WA, NSW and Qld. It allows for a better insight into what's happening with the clubs in those states.
It's always been a good feature on whatever show it's been on. I think it's been the case since the start of the show?

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
SEN seriously don't need to have a news-break every half-hour during the day. It's a complete waste of our time.

I know it gives them time to waste and throw more ads in, but just scrap it and keep it to the hour.
And then there are times like on a Sunday you wake up and want to hear what's happening and get nothing.
The other thing happening is shows going past the hour.

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur

They have always done that on that show, it’s not new for KB and Turfy.

Did he really say that?

I don't hang Lyon for what happened. What business is it of the public just cos they're public figures?

All that said, I don't think I'd be mentioning her by name and reminding people.

Because it’s his job and he’s paid well for it. Considering his lack of knowledge in every other sport he should be across it more.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Latest ratings are out. An increase overall, up to 3.3, from 2.9. Biggest improvement were for Watson and Lyon, rising to 4.0 from 3.4, Whateley rising to 3.5 from 3.0 and weekends rising to 3.1 from 2.2. Maher and KB and Doc still far too low (3.0 and 2.9). The drive numbers must be concerning for the station, they are consistently low. I think that the drop in the drive ratings is listeners who have switched to Ox and Allen, who are rating 1.2 (best ratings of all programs comfortably for MSR).

Melbourne-Survey-3.png

Mr X

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2003
Round here
AFL Club
Geelong
Does that consider/take into account digital listening these days or is that done by a different measure or separately?

Not disputing they have a low listenership overall, but if it is measured by only "traditional" wireless means, I wonder if that medium is still even in the majority of radio listening?

As mentioned in this thread before - I highly doubt any of Hutchy's commercial deals are based or built of this measure.

As others have said, KB is famous for doing that. I agree its great, provides insight from afar, and also on other sports. Its enlightening and broadens listeners minds.

SEN seriously don't need to have a news-break every half-hour during the day. It's a complete waste of our time.

I know it gives them time to waste and throw more ads in, but just scrap it and keep it to the hour.

On the flip side it fills in time, takes up time, sometimes used for inane topics or meaningless footy discussion. For example terry wallace golf scores for teams. Woeful, absolitely woeful.

So this was discussed very briefly this morning

“You won’t be surprised to know I don’t look at him as a shining light on how I should act. That’s his call and so be it."

lyon rebutted with "he should note that he's talking about my coaching career". obviously not referring to, or wanting reference to, off field, non footy, relationship matters.

treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Latest ratings are out. An increase overall, up to 3.3, from 2.9. Biggest improvement were for Watson and Lyon, rising to 4.0 from 3.4, Whateley rising to 3.5 from 3.0 and weekends rising to 3.1 from 2.2. Maher and KB and Doc still far too low (3.0 and 2.9). The drive numbers must be concerning for the station, they are consistently low. I think that the drop in the drive ratings is listeners who have switched to Ox and Allen, who are rating 1.2 (best ratings of all programs comfortably for MSR).

View attachment 686591
Dab yes. Internet no.

But that's saying SEN gets more digital listeners than other listeners which I doubt.

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
The dunderheads were out in force this morning on Gerard's show.

Firstly, some fool has to drag down the fight for women by crapping on about how journalists should watch their wording in light of Carlton now having to find a coach. You can't use phrases like saying "best man for the job". There's lots of girls out there, and you don't want girls to get the wrong impression or anything.

Then two idiots follow up with the ridiculous suggestions of Ange Postecoglou, then Craig Bellamy, for Carlton coach.

FMD

Mr X

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2003
Round here
AFL Club
Geelong
The dunderheads were out in force this morning on Gerard's show.

Firstly, some fool has to drag down the fight for women by crapping on about how journalists should watch their wording in light of Carlton now having to find a coach. You can't use phrases like saying "best man for the job". There's lots of girls out there, and you don't want girls to get the wrong impression or anything.

Then two idiots follow up with the ridiculous suggestions of Ange Postecoglou, then Craig Bellamy, for Carlton coach.

FMD

I heard the caller Ange coaching.

Taking the piss.

Hirchy and Gerard can count themselves very fortunate it seems to be the exact demographic that appeals to advertisers like the Family Peace Foundation and Doncaster BMW

I heard the caller Ange coaching.

Taking the piss.

Hirchy and Gerard can count themselves very fortunate it seems to be the exact demographic that appeals to advertisers like the Family Peace Foundation and Doncaster BMW[/QUOTE]

Agreed taking the piss.

Could you elaborate on the bolded bit

Back