Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Tuned into KB and Turfie to hear about Tiger injuries. After discussing cats and other assorted crap they finally discussed footy for about 30 seconds then back to cats. WTF is responsible for this rubbish. Surely they don't consider this sport or entertainment? Because it is not remotely funny.....

Came here to post the same thing. First time I've c listened to KB & Doc in ages and they open with 10 minutes of tedious talking about old cats.

The thing about KB's old morning show was that it was much better at light-hearted entertainment; the Friday morning hour segment with Neil Balme & Dave Gilbert was often hilarious. Whenever I've heard KB & Turf it feels much more forced.

Came here to post the same thing. First time I've c listened to KB & Doc in ages and they open with 10 minutes of tedious talking about old cats.

The thing about KB's old morning show was that it was much better at light-hearted entertainment; the Friday morning hour segment with Neil Balme & Dave Gilbert was often hilarious. Whenever I've heard KB & Turf it feels much more forced.
Who is Dave Gilbert ? is it the old quick from NSW

I was joking , didn't like Culbert he was too much like Gary Honey
If I may, whatever Culberts faults he’s much much much much smarter than Gary Honey.
Gary was one of radios dumbest ever (he was competing with Gaze, Frawley....)

Is fractured relationship with SEN boss Craig Hutchison to blame for drivetime host Kevin Bartlett’s recent absences?

It’s a question being asked by SEN listeners who've picked up on the AFL legend's recent trend of absent days from his drivetime radio gig.

Remember this is the same man who was known to turn up almost without any voice and do his shift because he prided himself on not taking sick days.

Not anymore.

The elephant in the room down at SEN's Southbank studios is the fractured relationship between Kevin Bartlett and CEO Craig Hutchison.

Understandably KB was less than impressed when Hutchison brought in Gerard Whateley from the ABC to replace him in the coveted morning slot despite the Richmond champion's strong ratings.

The tension has been bubbling along behind-the-scenes over a range of issues including the games — or lack of them — which KB has been used as caller as well as commercial differences in relation to his program.

An increase in sick days has raised eyebrows and last week he missed a day for an All-Australian selection meeting although the previous year he'd rushed back to do the last two hours of his shift.

KB's contract is up at the end of the year and by mutual agreement it won't be renewed with speculation his drive show — which is co-hosted by Dr Turf (aka John Rothfield) — could be pulled at the end of the AFL season.

He's been at SEN since day one, this being his 15th year with the sports station during which time he’s developed a cult following.

The messy KB situation is understood to have placed strain on Rothfield's relationship with Hutchison — the pair have been long-time business partners with the Rothfield family shareholders in the company which owns SEN.

This all begs the question — will KB be lost to the airwaves?

Macquarie Sports have shown interest and a lot of his former contributors are certainly bidding for him to bring the old band back together five mornings a week.

bit.ly/2KML47C

Is fractured relationship with SEN boss Craig Hutchison to blame for drivetime host Kevin Bartlett’s recent absences?

It’s a question being asked by SEN listeners who've picked up on the AFL legend's recent trend of absent days from his drivetime radio gig.

Remember this is the same man who was known to turn up almost without any voice and do his shift because he prided himself on not taking sick days.

Not anymore.

The elephant in the room down at SEN's Southbank studios is the fractured relationship between Kevin Bartlett and CEO Craig Hutchison.

Understandably KB was less than impressed when Hutchison brought in Gerard Whateley from the ABC to replace him in the coveted morning slot despite the Richmond champion's strong ratings.

The tension has been bubbling along behind-the-scenes over a range of issues including the games — or lack of them — which KB has been used as caller as well as commercial differences in relation to his program.

An increase in sick days has raised eyebrows and last week he missed a day for an All-Australian selection meeting although the previous year he'd rushed back to do the last two hours of his shift.

KB's contract is up at the end of the year and by mutual agreement it won't be renewed with speculation his drive show — which is co-hosted by Dr Turf (aka John Rothfield) — could be pulled at the end of the AFL season.

He's been at SEN since day one, this being his 15th year with the sports station during which time he’s developed a cult following.

The messy KB situation is understood to have placed strain on Rothfield's relationship with Hutchison — the pair have been long-time business partners with the Rothfield family shareholders in the company which owns SEN.

This all begs the question — will KB be lost to the airwaves?

Macquarie Sports have shown interest and a lot of his former contributors are certainly bidding for him to bring the old band back together five mornings a week.

bit.ly/2KML47C

Must be a serious slow news day

I'd rather read a story about sen than some celebrity and this is the sen thread. Certainly newsworthy here.

This would not surprise me if accurate. I cannot remember him takinf days off when he hosted sen in the morning.

I have no doubt it is accurate. That is no surprise to anybody frequently on here.

I am surprised he has held on this long when so pissed off honestly.

SEN is batting stupidly above its average in terms of print media coverage (Hun) for the ratings it gets!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goddard well spoken. Great interview pertaining to the US open. Watson asked him how caddying for Fraser compares to other things in his life like footy. Bj said up there with the birth of his daughters and wedding. Footy might come in somewhere.

Ouch!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Goddard well spoken. Great interview pertaining to the US open. Watson asked him how caddying for Fraser compares to other things in his life like footy. Bj said up there with the birth of his daughters and wedding. Footy might come in somewhere.

Ouch!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Surely he hasn’t done anything better in life than take the mark in the drawn GF?

They actually addressed it? Wow, I would have thought it would have been an off limit subject.

Yep. Lyon and Watson claimed no knowledge but you could hear the shuffling of their nervous feet.

Maybe KB's son Brett can tell more. What if he really is sick !

Rhett not Brett.

I would be annoyed if I were KB too. His morning show was fine and I was a regular listener. Don't listen to him on Drive. Hutchy has ruined both KB and Turfie for me - no mean feat!

Rhett not Brett.

I would be annoyed if I were KB too. His morning show was fine and I was a regular listener. Don't listen to him on Drive. Hutchy has ruined both KB and Turfie for me - no mean feat!
Sorry for the typo. Agree about KB on mornings , miss Richo off to the races and Turfie only on a couple of times a week. Gullan definitely loves putting the boots in to SEN. GW should have been given Midday and Andy to the Arvos

Rhett not Brett.

Still betting that Hutchy chose to sweat KB out rather than pay him out when he had 2 years to run.

Doubt Hutchy would be worried at all it has become public commentary. Can only boost advertising opportunities in the short term!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back