Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Good luck to him but geeze I got sick of his nonsense. I'd regularly have to turn off. Maybe if I was over 60 I'd enjoy it more. I'm in Tassie so couldn't switch the radio to other stations. Would love to hear people talk about current football other that the Tigers.

There may not be a Macquarie for KB to go to at this rate. Can someone explain how they are able to stay in business with such low figures?

Macquarie obviously have stations like 3AW and 2GB which are massive. More than three times the listeners SEN pull in.

Most of Macquarie sports it is run by existing Macquarie employees so not overly expensive. The value is the licence and they have to be on air or they lose their licence.

There is also a rumour they have a no compete clause with the sale of a Sydney station a few years back so can't switch to music just yet in that state but have kept Brisbane and Melbourne in line with Sydney.

Their ratings are so low, I think they will make a change to a different format soon, they won't want to take any listeners away from their bigger stations so not sure what that format will be.

I like Huddo, and wallace is one of the most interesting, knowlegable and well-prepared types in the footy media full-stop (although i would prefer him to be doing expert spots rather than presenting an entire show).
Apart from that, i guess Andy in the afternoon is ok, breakfast with gary and his awful voice sucks, smarty-pants whately in the morning is professional but DULL, and snapperhead mclure is a smarmy pain in the arse.
I genuinely like KB though, and i liked boofhead swartz too. They both got shafted. Once might just be poor management, but twice is a modis operandi.
I listen everyday. But i think thats it for me (apart from weekends maybe). Just dont like the way they treat people.

I'm no fan of the manner in which the fat man has changed SEN and made it a station where ads are interrupted by content. However, when you enter a confidential arrangement to STFU until your time is up and you not only break that arrangement but bad mouth your employer to boot, you get no sympathy from me. And remember Bartlett has form on this. Blamed everyone and everything for his sacking as coach of Richmond but his own incompetence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm no fan of the manner in which the fat man has changed SEN and made it a station where ads are interrupted by content. However, when you enter a confidential arrangement to STFU until your time is up and you not only break that arrangement but bad mouth your employer to boot, you get no sympathy from me. And remember Bartlett has form on this. Blamed everyone and everything for his sacking as coach of Richmond but his own incompetence.

True. And I'm pretty sure he's left other radio stations like 3AW, Magic and Sport 927 or less than ideal terms

In hindsight, he should have left when Fine and others were pushed out when Hutchison took over as it was obvious he wanted a new style of radio station.

Instead of leaving, Bartlett has spent the past 1.5 years just running down the click with a half-hearted show which benefited nobody while Fine has kicked on with the excellent Footyology podcast.

Actually I think KB may have been able to offer something on the Footyology podcast if he'd been incorporated at the start as whatever his flaws, he's someone who just likes talking about footy and he would have matched Rohan & Fine well. But I think that time has well and truly passed

Is fractured relationship with SEN boss Craig Hutchison to blame for drivetime host Kevin Bartlett’s recent absences?

It’s a question being asked by SEN listeners who've picked up on the AFL legend's recent trend of absent days from his drivetime radio gig.

Remember this is the same man who was known to turn up almost without any voice and do his shift because he prided himself on not taking sick days.

Not anymore.

The elephant in the room down at SEN's Southbank studios is the fractured relationship between Kevin Bartlett and CEO Craig Hutchison.

Understandably KB was less than impressed when Hutchison brought in Gerard Whateley from the ABC to replace him in the coveted morning slot despite the Richmond champion's strong ratings.

The tension has been bubbling along behind-the-scenes over a range of issues including the games — or lack of them — which KB has been used as caller as well as commercial differences in relation to his program.

An increase in sick days has raised eyebrows and last week he missed a day for an All-Australian selection meeting although the previous year he'd rushed back to do the last two hours of his shift.

KB's contract is up at the end of the year and by mutual agreement it won't be renewed with speculation his drive show — which is co-hosted by Dr Turf (aka John Rothfield) — could be pulled at the end of the AFL season.

He's been at SEN since day one, this being his 15th year with the sports station during which time he’s developed a cult following.

The messy KB situation is understood to have placed strain on Rothfield's relationship with Hutchison — the pair have been long-time business partners with the Rothfield family shareholders in the company which owns SEN.

This all begs the question — will KB be lost to the airwaves?

Macquarie Sports have shown interest and a lot of his former contributors are certainly bidding for him to bring the old band back together five mornings a week.

bit.ly/2KML47C
Scott Gullan certainly was on the money, probably KB was the main source?

True. And I'm pretty sure he's left other radio stations like 3AW, Magic and Sport 927 or less than ideal terms

In hindsight, he should have left when Fine and others were pushed out when Hutchison took over as it was obvious he wanted a new style of radio station.

Instead of leaving, Bartlett has spent the past 1.5 years just running down the click with a half-hearted show which benefited nobody while Fine has kicked on with the excellent Footyology podcast.

Actually I think KB may have been able to offer something on the Footyology podcast if he'd been incorporated at the start as whatever his flaws, he's someone who just likes talking about footy and he would have matched Rohan & Fine well. But I think that time has well and truly passed
Fine hates Bartlett. How would that work

Still love some of the regular callers

Think it’s Sean or something similar always announces himself with ‘ as you know I’m a North Melbourne supporter ‘
A month ago was full of doom and gloom , they’ve recruited poorly , no decent young players , need to hit the draft etc
Rings in yesterday now they have an amazing group of young players names the usuals but then rattles of 6-8 no names in the VFL and says they have a potential ‘ super team’ .

If nothing else SEN is great for that type of stuff that can give you a chuckle during the day

Interesting insight here.

As someone noted, maybe this is why we had to endure so much 'team of the century.'

View attachment 706364

Not good for a drive-time show in a metro market to have that limited budget.

That said, it shows the inexperienced (and probably overworked) producers Hutchy hires. Most are straight out of uni or community radio, and have not 'done their time' in bush/country radio, where you are taught (or have to learn by yourself) how to produce a show 5-days-a-week with zero budget.

One thing I have noticed is that Hutchie is very ageist.

He has an irrational love of youth and is always demeaning of and negative toward older folk. No surprise he fell out with KB.

Hutchie is trying to back track now, but he was totally negative towards Chris Fagan . At the same time he was raving that Stewie Dew was the greatest coach and bloke since Jock McHale.

Ageist, fat, American culture worshipping flog.

Not good for a drive-time show in a metro market to have that limited budget.

That said, it shows the inexperienced (and probably overworked) producers Hutchy hires. Most are straight out of uni or community radio, and have not 'done their time' in bush/country radio, where you are taught (or have to learn by yourself) how to produce a show 5-days-a-week with zero budget.

Spot on.

Hutchie loves youth.

I'll bet any money he is trying to sleaze on to women in their 20s left right and centre.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back