Radio 1116 SEN 2023 Line-up

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think he's talking about Spud, who copped a lot of flack on here
Yeah and I am saying if his criticisms were valid then, they are valid now.

Unless dying prematurely suddenly makes people better at their job.

If Whateley died tomorrow it would not change my criticisms of him one iota.

(Naturally I wish Whateley good health and fortune, I don't wish harm on people I've never met...

...although I do wish a good tar and feathering for Whateley and his mouth-breathing followers who wanted Smith banned)

TheExtractorFactor

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
New York Knicks/Football Giants
Yeah and I am saying if his criticisms were valid then, they are valid now.

Unless dying prematurely suddenly makes people better at their job.

If Whateley died tomorrow it would not change my criticisms of him one iota.

(Naturally I wish Whateley good health and fortune, I don't wish harm on people I've never met...

...although I do wish a good tar and feathering for Whateley and his mouth-breathing followers who wanted Smith banned)

I do stand by what I said but I think it's just a natural human emotion to regret negative things you've said about someone when something bad happens them, especially in these circumstances.

TigerTime_89

4x Jack Dyer Medalist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melb Storm, Liverpool, S Thunder
I assume Garry wasn't on this morning. Must be tough for him.

The station has handled it brilliantly . Slobbo's comments in the paper this morning were a disgrace saying SEN was not for him. What a bitter fat prick.

He's not fat anymore. Harsh to call him a bitter fat prick especially given you've stuck up for other SEN personalities when they've been attacked by other posters.

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don't like Whateley's stilted, pompous-sounding delivery. It sounds like he's come from the ABC School of EENOWNSEEAYTEEENG, where they drum into you to the 1950s style of broadcasting, where you must make the absolute most of every syllable, and if there's not enough, add a few extra ones, ala Criag Willis, or should I say, "Craig-ah, Willis-aaaah, from the AFL-ah Grand Final-aaaaaaah"
Yeah, it felt like Whateley's rant was about himself rather than spud.

May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
What did Robbo say??? :oops:

"His departure from Triple M at the end of 2015 — where he had been part of the “gang” for many years — was said to have further knocked the confidence out of him.

He lost his self-worth when he left Triple M and the company of Dunstall, Lyon, Brayshaw and BT.

He did join SEN, but that wasn’t really his environment."

It's not the right time to go into depth about whether SEN was the "right fit" for Spud. I understand what Robbo was getting at, and it is just one line in a pretty good tribute overall. The line before that is the one that could have been re-written.
-

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
"His departure from Triple M at the end of 2015 — where he had been part of the “gang” for many years — was said to have further knocked the confidence out of him.

He lost his self-worth when he left Triple M and the company of Dunstall, Lyon, Brayshaw and BT.

He did join SEN, but that wasn’t really his environment."

It's not the right time to go into depth about whether SEN was the "right fit" for Spud. I understand what Robbo was getting at, and it is just one line in a pretty good tribute overall. The line before that is the one that could have been re-written.
-
there was just no need for it.

SEN and MMM teaming up to simulcast The Saturday Rub this weekend

Awesome. Interesting that sen will forgo whatever they normally program at the time for this.

Spud-Triple-M-SEN-1080.jpg

no billy?

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
That caller again! 10 minutes ago, before anything else was said “For those that don’t know me, I’m blind”.

I reckon if ther was some new type of surgery that enabled him to see again, he’d reject it!
Hi it’s Muzza from Geelong.
You may not know but I’m blind.

I tell you what I can see my blues are going places. The way Teague coaches them, it’s as plain as the day.

And I can see it. I’m blind you know.

Yes we know. You tell us every single time.

ps you have a whiney voice.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

TigerTime_89

4x Jack Dyer Medalist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melb Storm, Liverpool, S Thunder
Awesome. Interesting that sen will forgo whatever they normally program at the time for this.

Spud-Triple-M-SEN-1080.jpg

no billy?
Or Chief.
I wonder how that conversation went, Did Bill say no to doing it with Garry or did Garry so no to doing it if Bill were there.

Back