Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

today Bill was asked via tweets if he was gunna miss Saturday's show because of Garry being there, and he said what was said above, which is that he wasn't part of the Rub in the Spud days. Who knows?

he read them out?

Is anybody really surprised ?

BD169-DBE-3-E02-44-CD-B5-E2-F69-EED098352.jpg

A sports ticketing business run by football powerbroker Craig Hutchison is being investigated for gouging on AFL finals tickets.
The State Government on Wednesday night revealed the league had ordered ticket packages being sold by BallPark Entertainment, chaired by Hutchison and owned by his company Crocmedia, be withdrawn from sale.
“While the company in question is an authorised AFL on-seller, one of the packages advertised has been directed to be removed by th e AFL while the league and the department make inquiries to ensure all legal requirements have been met,” a government spokesman said.
“We expect all parties to respect the spirit as well as the letter of the anti-scalping legislation.”
BallPark was selling Level 2 seats to tomorrow night’s Geelong-West Coast semi-final at the MCG for $170. The top-priced public ticket on Level 2 is $93.
The $170 tickets offered by BallPark promised fans “access to premium beverage and food outlets”.
Tickets to next week’s preliminary finals were also withdrawn from sale by BallPark on Wednesday night, as were tickets to Saturday night’s Brisbane-Giants clash at the Gabba.
Under Victoria’s scalping laws it is illegal to sell tickets to any footy finals match at more than 10 per cent above face value.
Penalties range from $806 to $483,500 depending on the nature of offences.
A BallPark sales representative contacted about the $170 Cats-Eagles tickets, said the seats would be on the “centre-wing on Level 2 or 2A”, but he was not sure exactly where, saying they were “collecting them this afternoon”.
BallPark’s advertisement for the tickets, posted on the Tixstar website, stated: “Enjoy the game from one of the best seats in the ground with premium Category One reserved seating giving you access to premium beverage and food outlets.”
The BallPark sales representative clarified on the phone that no free food or drink was included in the package, but that it provided access to the Medallion Club bar.
His pitch included that it was “not a normal cash bar” and people were able to take their bought drinks back to their seats “in a plastic cup”.
However, this is allowed across the stadium.
The Victorian Government is currently advertising with SEN, warning listeners about the anti-scalping legislation and urging them to report concerns.
The AFL confirmed the tickets in question had been removed from sale.
BallPark is also offering Medallion Club corporate suite packages to the Tigers and Magpies preliminary finals at up to $795 a person.
The Herald Sun has contacted Hutchison for comment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I listened to sen for the first time in a while this afternoon (lost all interest in sports radio when the dees season went further down the gurgler). Had the misfortune of switching on just when andy maher and 'bob' were on.
Some of the most inane, unfunny drivel (although andy seemed to find everything godamn hilarious) ive ever heard. And the main topic for discussion was "whats your favorite mark?" Really rivetting, fresh content. Is this what it is like all the time? Who listens to this s**t?

..... andy maher and 'bob' were on.....
And the main topic for discussion was "whats your favorite mark?" Really rivetting, fresh content. Is this what it is like all the time? Who listens to this s**t?
Unfortunately, yes. Even I've stopped listening to them, and I was as rusted on to that shift as anyone, right back from the start of SEN. I wonder if they're just filling in until the end of the year. One thing I reckon they need is more regular guests (I try to catch Dermot's hour with them) but, as we found out when KB and Dr Turf left, Hutchy slashed the budget for that

Last edited:
I listened to sen for the first time in a while this afternoon (lost all interest in sports radio when the dees season went further down the gurgler). Had the misfortune of switching on just when andy maher and 'bob' were on.
Some of the most inane, unfunny drivel (although andy seemed to find everything godamn hilarious) ive ever heard. And the main topic for discussion was "whats your favorite mark?" Really rivetting, fresh content. Is this what it is like all the time? Who listens to this s**t?
The mark segment was relative as the HS is running a best 50 marks ever.

Missed the marks, but tuned in as they broke down the stats for hair-styles, mo's and beards of Premiership coaches.

Potentially this had comic and entertainment value, but Bob and Andy don't have the wit, the lines, the timing, nor the intelligence to be genuinely funny. They are both straight-men, playing to each other as if they are the comic.

SEN need to get rid of Bob - even one of the dopey ex-footy players would be more entertaining.

Unfortunately, yes. Even I've stopped listening to them, and I was as rusted on as the next bloke. I wonder if they're just filling in until the end of the year. One thing I reckon they need is more regular guests (I try to catch Dermot's hour with them) but, as we found out when KB and Dr Turf left, Hutchy slashed the budget for that
i dont listen to bob and andy either.

Credit however to the morning show. tim and andy have improved markedly. Id like to see how they'd go without footy though to really determine their abilities as hosts.
When will Garry return?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back