Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

just caught a breakfast promo and gary is already exited that their final show for the year is coming up. what on earth will the station play on weekends once they can't run the best of tim and gary all the bloody time.

answer: best of tim and gary

or

trade recap

Lol dal santo says fitness coaches at gws should be under the pump because of all the injuries they’ve sustained over the years.
Other bloke asked which ones were preventable
Dal santo replied “what do you want me to go through the past four years?”

Dal didn’t know how many injuries and what they were

Dal Santo is desperately trying to be a deep thinking analyst.

Problem is he just says stupid s*** regularly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And it's off again - two dumb guys chatting about what footy players could be cast in Back to the Future.

Let me guess - next week it will be Star Wars, followed by Jaws, Gladiator, Pulp Fiction and Silence of the Lambs.

If they knew how to 'do funny' they'd go Deep Throat, Rocky Horror, Picnic at Hanging Rock and Pink Flamingos.

One down. ;)

I've given Bob a chance , but he adds nothing . Andy can do it on his own and have a different person on everyday.

SEN have decided to continue to make the arvo slot an entertaining 'hit and giggles' affair - it's for laughs, an easy listen with a little bit of sport news to round it off.

So we have to ask - why Bob?

If they were dead-set serious about ratings and getting in some big advertising dollars, then Hutchy has to spend money to make it.

Just pay Mick Molloy what he wants and sit him with Andy.

So we have to ask - why Bob?
Cheap, available for the remainder of the year, not seeking a 5 year contract (will finish the year and go back to the status quo).

Anyone thinking this was more than a stop gap is kidding themselves. We know Dwayne Russell is coming to the 12-3 slot, Jack could probably move in with Andy from 3-6.

At first I thought what's going on here? It was a bit of a laugh near the end though. Even Bob was lost

Do we know if they have a producer? Some to tell them with a few day's notice 'Hey, we're doing Star Wars - think funny, ask around, come up with stuff.'

It just sounds like they make it up with 5 minutes notice and due to their complete lack of wit and funny-smarts, wing it in the hope their own laughter will cover it.

Eg - Princess Leia just had to be Tommy Alvin. It's both funny and you can see it, clear as day.

Cheap, available for the remainder of the year, not seeking a 5 year contract (will finish the year and go back to the status quo).

Anyone thinking this was more than a stop gap is kidding themselves. We know Dwayne Russell is coming to the 12-3 slot, Jack could probably move in with Andy from 3-6.
Can't see them putting Heverin and Maher on together. Both play the straight man.

Heverin is either clueless as to how it works or is completely unable to explain how bidding for academy/fs works...

“Say Melbourne bid on Finn Maginness with pick 8. That means if Hawthorn want him they have to draft him at pick 11. But if he’s still there at 11 they should draft another player with that pick because any bid that comes after means the Hawks can just use their next pick which is 30.”

That’s not how it works. Any bid would mean that Magginess would have to be chosen at that selection, if Hawthorn chose to match they would have to cash in their picks for points on the draft value index to get up to pick 8, for example.

Making a mistake is one thing but when the whole station has saturation coverage of trade period, you’d think that the presenters could be well informed or at least capable of informing the listeners as to how the system works.

Yeah there was a trade last year involving Sydney and remember Lyon and Watto couldn’t understand why. Daisy Pearce had to explain why.

Even the other day morning show was saying GWS wanted to trade up to 3 so a team didn’t bid on Green before them, that way they could use pick 40 to pick up Green and draft another player at 3.

Terry Wallace on twitter said that next year will be final year in the media (and with SEN). A shame as I've always respected him as a footy media commentator. Unlike a lot of others in the industry he really seems to watch as much footy as he can and try to provide his own insight instead of lazily relying on common consensus that others tend to do.

Does anyone in this fred like anything?
Listen to and enjoy breakfast with Gary and Tim. Still don't enjoy the drive show, haven't for a couple of years. Maher and murphy haven't grabbed me with their show yet. Crunch time used to be great, so did 4-6 on a Friday. Cornes is am instant station switch for me. Heverin is ok in that 12-3 slot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back