Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

SEN have decided to continue to make the arvo slot an entertaining 'hit and giggles' affair - it's for laughs, an easy listen with a little bit of sport news to round it off.

So we have to ask - why Bob?

If they were dead-set serious about ratings and getting in some big advertising dollars, then Hutchy has to spend money to make it.

Just pay Mick Molloy what he wants and sit him with Andy.
Great call

So refreshing - the morning show.
campbell brown, i like him in small doses. excellent horse racing questions, made it interesting to the average joe.
the host hosted well. WHoever it was. I feel a great difference bewteen these guys and watson/lyon in that with them theres no host.

and lots of non afl talk.

Does anyone in this fred like anything?
I don’t mind Kornes *ducks*

He’s attempting to cultivate a media personality by being an agent provocateur (read professional dickhead) kind of like his old man but he isn’t a precious, whiny bitch.

He at least puts a bit of thought into his talkback topics, has pretty good rapport with his listeners and doesn’t take any s**t. His show is kind of like a PG version of Finey’s Final Siren.

For the record I like Garry & Tim and KCornes. Don't mind Terry Wallace, David King & Dal Santo when they are on.

Not so keen on Jack Heverin and Bob Murphy.

Terry Wallace on twitter said that next year will be final year in the media (and with SEN). A shame as I've always respected him as a footy media commentator. Unlike a lot of others in the industry he really seems to watch as much footy as he can and try to provide his own insight instead of lazily relying on common consensus that others tend to do.

He actually does watch every game. Last year (not sure if he did it this season) he actually gave his own votes for every game and then discussed his results before the Brownlow.

I don’t understand why others don’t bother. They get paid to comment on footy and you can fast forward replays on Fox.

He actually does watch every game. Last year (not sure if he did it this season) he actually gave his own votes for every game and then discussed his results before the Brownlow.

I don’t understand why others don’t bother. They get paid to comment on footy and you can fast forward replays on Fox.

wallace is probably on less and has less stature than say watson and lyon, who are pretty big at the cracker factory. yet watto and lyon dont watch every game.

So refreshing - the morning show.
campbell brown, i like him in small doses. excellent horse racing questions, made it interesting to the average joe.
the host hosted well. WHoever it was. I feel a great difference bewteen these guys and watson/lyon in that with them theres no host.

and lots of non afl talk.
Sam Edmund

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too many and most think they are a big part of the game.

Trade week is where it shows up most. All ITK and all trying to scoop one another. Most of it turns out to be bulll**** (hello Tom Browne).

Who can really be stuffed with p****** contests between unlikeable, irritating journalists?

wallace is probably on less and has less stature than say watson and lyon, who are pretty big at the cracker factory. yet watto and lyon dont watch every game.
Very true.

I’d love a dollar for the amount of times Tim and Garry mention “I didn’t actually see that game, but....

Lots of other media folk miss a few games per weekend and it’s quite frankly unprofessional given the salary these blokes are on.

Wallace to his credit will stay up till 4/5am catching up on the Saturday and Sunday games, earning his money.

The negativity in here is basically whinging and not constructive criticism I reckon. I have basically quit listening to the station, but it's more to to with the obvious advertisement tsunami, not the hosts. I don't particularly enjoy Maher, but he and and Murphy need to plan a show without the off topic biscuit talk etc. Maher is a motormouth and Murphy is subtle and will/should refine his role. I think it's pretty bad so far, but showing significant improvements.

Teo and Darren deserve a prime spot as a duo, it's almost a joke that they are still used as extras. Decent solo, but work excellently together.

Lastly, having Fine back is quite obvious, but I think even he would admit that his last couple of years, even with his final siren, were very phoned in, maybe not intentionally.

In a nutshell. There are positives, but some refining and decisions need to be made IMO.

The negativity in here is basically whinging and not constructive criticism I reckon. I have basically quit listening to the station, but it's more to to with the obvious advertisement tsunami, not the hosts. I don't particularly enjoy Maher, but he and and Murphy need to plan a show without the off topic biscuit talk etc. Maher is a motormouth and Murphy is subtle and will/should refine his role. I think it's pretty bad so far, but showing significant improvements.

Teo and Darren deserve a prime spot as a duo, it's almost a joke that they are still used as extras. Decent solo, but work excellently together.

Lastly, having Fine back is quite obvious, but I think even he would admit that his last couple of years, even with his final siren, were very phoned in, maybe not intentionally.

In a nutshell. There are positives, but some refining and decisions need to be made IMO.

There will be changes - the main one being whether out-of-contact Whateley stays on or not.

I was pretty sure he was going to go at the end of the year to replace Bruce at Seven in time for the Olympics. But the brand new management at Seven are now cost-cutting, so no longer want to sign Whateley to a deal.

Dwayne Russell waits in the wings - he might get mornings if Whately walks - but will probably get the midday slot.

Can't see Whateley going anywhere - yes you can sense he is not a fan of all of it, but he is the cornerstone of the station and Hutchy will make him $tay. If he left then SEN would go waaaaay backwards.

Interesting to see that the first-ever podcast rankings were released last week (for the month of September 2019).

A few SEN shows were in the top bracket - Whateley, SEN Breakfast both being in the Top 5. The cynics would say that's because people prefer to listen to the shows without one hour out of three hours being advertisements! But it's still a good effort.

I'm probably two-thirds to one-third split between podcasts and live radio.

t20.jpg

The full list of the Top 100 is here: http://www.radioalive.com.au/Home/Latest-News/Australian-Podcast-Ranker

Off The Bench and Crunch Time were pretty low - maybe that's a weekend effect.

Last edited:
Can't see Whateley going anywhere - yes you can sense he is not a fan of all of it, but he is the cornerstone of the station and Hutchy will make him $tay. If he left then SEN would go waaaaay backwards.

Tend to agree, now that Seven negotiations seem to be off. But it will make contract negotiations interesting.

Whateley needed SEN to help with the jump from the ABC, but SEN now need Whateley, so apart from more money, you'd expect him to be wanting more professionalism around him along with advertising dollars.

Interesting to see that the first-ever podcast rankings were released last week (for the month of September 2019).

A few SEN shows were in the top bracket - Whateley, SEN Breakfast both being in the Top 5. The cynics would say that's because people prefer to listen to the shows without one hour out of three hours being advertisements! But it's still a good effort.

I'm probably two-thirds to one-third split between podcasts and live radio.

View attachment 768178

The full list of the Top 100 is here: http://www.radioalive.com.au/Home/Latest-News/Australian-Podcast-Ranker

Off The Bench and Crunch Time were pretty low - maybe that's a weekend effect.

Geez, those are interesting. Pretty good figures for the SEN morning slots. I must admit, I'm in this camp - hardly listen live due to the ads.

The figures also show the demographics and the power of live radio for 3AW - Ross and John don't even crack the top 30.

No ABC figures makes a huge difference, too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back