Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting to see that the first-ever podcast rankings were released last week (for the month of September 2019).

A few SEN shows were in the top bracket - Whateley, SEN Breakfast both being in the Top 5. The cynics would say that's because people prefer to listen to the shows without one hour out of three hours being advertisements! But it's still a good effort.

I'm probably two-thirds to one-third split between podcasts and live radio.

View attachment 768178

The full list of the Top 100 is here: http://www.radioalive.com.au/Home/Latest-News/Australian-Podcast-Ranker

Off The Bench and Crunch Time were pretty low - maybe that's a weekend effect.

Not really a good indicator of the size of a podcast audience though has it's only taken reported data from a selected group of publishers-

"The ranker has started with a foundation group of podcast publishers including News Corp Australia, PodcastOne Australia, NOVA Entertainment, Southern Cross Austereo, Australian Radio Network, Macquarie Media and SEN/Crocmedia"

That would only account for a small selection of the podcasts that I listen to-- I think iTunes podcasts ratings or Spotify rankings would be more accurate than that list.

Sen died when they got rid of Tony schibecki
One could make a strong case for him being the worst professional at the station in all its history. Sure, there have been worse presenters and part-time contributors, but for his commitment and contributions to the station, his on-air presence would charitably be classified as amateur. Especially given there was minimal improvement, if any, in his performance over the years.

One could make a strong case for him being the worst professional at the station in all its history. Sure, there have been worse presenters and part-time contributors, but for his commitment and contributions to the station, his on-air presence would charitably be classified as amateur. Especially given there was minimal improvement, if any, in his performance over the years.

I liked Shrek when he was doing overnights. Back with the Original Gladiators of Sport (before it became just the 'Peaky Show') it had a good feel for radio at that time of night. Agree he didn't fit in the day/prime-time slots, but like with Finey on evenings, overnights fitted like a glove for Shrek.

I’d smack my kids too, if they were anything like the whiny little pricks from those ads.

‘Daddy doesn’t give me a new phone every two months or let me play my PS4 until 1am... I’m over it. Why can’t Mummy and Daddy do everything I want? That’s what being a spoilt brat is all about.’

Why does everything need to be 100%professional
Especially between 12pm and 6am
The absolute uncertainty was what made it so funny
And different to everything else on the station

I liked Shrek when he was doing overnights. Back with the Original Gladiators of Sport (before it became just the 'Peaky Show') it had a good feel for radio at that time of night. Agree he didn't fit in the day/prime-time slots, but like with Finey on evenings, overnights fitted like a glove for Shrek.
Spot on ,, i loved those first 3 - 4 years , overnight was hilariously
Entertaining,, Tony did struggle during the day when he was tried there
But he had a niche audience at midnight to dawn ,, that's where they
Should have kept him ,

Last edited:
Were you one of the regular callers ?
Especially for the quiz

Last edited:
Not really a good indicator of the size of a podcast audience though has it's only taken reported data from a selected group of publishers-

That would only account for a small selection of the podcasts that I listen to-- I think iTunes podcasts ratings or Spotify rankings would be more accurate than that list.

I don't know enough about how it works, or how it's measured.

Wouldn't Spotify/iTunes - by definition - just capture podcasts from those platforms? I don't use either of them.

Had a quick search of the Spotify rankings - at a guess, 19 out of the top 20 are overseas-produced podcasts. A helluva lot of true crime amongst them!

I think that the list I posted earlier is aimed at measuring local-content podcasts (yes, from the main publishers, so it won't capture any independent podcasts). Take it with a grain of salt. It's got to be more interesting than Schibecki?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Family Peace is just one bent of social programming to make u think theres no bigger issues going on,its just a distraction
not dissimilar to getting men to paint theyre nails with nail polish as a show of support for some female agenda thats now advrtised,thats just programming
men to become sissys...
f*** those 2 fake issues/agendas...the real issue is the government & all those involved dont ever want you to get any access to your supernnuation
they want you to work and die asap so u never get too see any of it...they used to advertise 17billion in unclaimed super...remember that one ?..yeah because ppl die and never get to spend it....
Hows that for a left turn down the rabbit hole :D
just my observation on destructive and distractive advertising

I don't know enough about how it works, or how it's measured.

Wouldn't Spotify/iTunes - by definition - just capture podcasts from those platforms? I don't use either of them.

Had a quick search of the Spotify rankings - at a guess, 19 out of the top 20 are overseas-produced podcasts. A helluva lot of true crime amongst them!

I think that the list I posted earlier is aimed at measuring local-content podcasts (yes, from the main publishers, so it won't capture any independent podcasts). Take it with a grain of salt. It's got to be more interesting than Schibecki?

I think you absolutely need to take this list with a grain of salt.

This list has been created by radio stations to demonstrate that people listen to their catch-up podcasts-- most likely done to compare to how TV ratings now look at streaming service viewers. I seriously doubt (as I know I don't) that people would regularly be listening to podcasts of SEN Breakfast or Whateley on a regular basis; because much of what they talk about is time sensitive & what Whateley discusses on Monday wouldn't be relevant by Wednesday.

Where as something like '2 Guys, 1 Cup' (something AFL related) can be listened to for days after it is released due to the nature of the content.

I think what this list shows is that SEN is better at releasing podcasts quickly and advertising them than other traditional radio stations/news outlets (like the Herald Sun & News.com.au); but I'd still trust the list of Spotify/iTunes that has a list of all podcasts but only a percentage of the audience as more reliable than a list that only has selected podcasts.

Everyone has an opinion
Glad you have yours

don't listen to sen that much but whenever I hear jack heverin on I get annoyed that hes always so happy and chirpy.

ffs man get angry or show some emotion!!!

I did tune in just before he finished up last Friday, all happy and chirpy, telling us he was off on holidays to Noosa (from memory)...

"Let me read out a text - 'Jack, went to Noosa with the wife and came back divorced - best holidays of my life' - Well, I hope that doesn't happen to me, but you never can tell. Up next, Andy and Bob..."

Would have made Alan Partridge green with envy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back