Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon this is the best they could've done with Harford gone. He was outstanding, especially on his own covering a wide range of stuff. Leach is the closest they've got to that. Still can't think of a reason to listen to breakfast --- seriously, seven blokes?

It's not as if all seven are going to be on-air at the same time. That would be like saying KB's show has six hosts because he pairs up with Patrick Smith, Jon Ralph, Greg Denham etc.

I doubt McClure will be on-air for too much of the three hours - his job will probably be to come in with breaking news and other topical stories. The station will work out quickly if four voices on-air at the same time works or not - if it doesn't then Hamish can go to the bench for these segments!

I am intrigued by his move from 3AW to SEN - from a top-rating station to a low-rating station. Usually it is the other way around. Obviously he will be a part of SEN's footy calling team, and probably report on sport during other shows throughout the day.

Like the one he gave on draft night.
BORING.
Amazing that in such a public position he is such a dreadful speech maker

Thank god Maher is gone,never known someone to love there own voice so much never shuts up.
The real bizzaro world question who is better worse

Andy Maher v Francis Leach?

For me Leach is worse because he always does his fake laugh

My thoughts:
Breakfast will be interesting. They've raided Talking Footy and added Lyon...think it'll be a good serious footy show, don't know how they will handle other sports.

KB is KB, old man yells at cloud.

Francis in the arvo is yuck.

Marko and Ox back on TRH is a win, they have real chemistry and are great for a laugh.

The case for Leach.

Maher is more ignorant. Has a more annoying voice. Is less intelligent and less knowledgeable on most topics.

Having said that Leach's condescending tone to his audience whom he clearly considers to be a bunch of red necks that are his intellectual inferiors, and his girlish, fake sycophantic laugh is unbearable.

Boiled down the sound of Mahers voice is unbearable (as is his drivel) while it's only what and how Francis says stuff (and his laugh) that are unbearable.

Leach is less worse than Maher. But still unlistenable nonetheless.

The case for Leach.

Maher is more ignorant. Has a more annoying voice. Is less intelligent and less knowledgeable on most topics.

Having said that Leach's condescending tone to his audience whom he clearly considers to be a bunch of red necks that are his intellectual inferiors, and his girlish, fake sycophantic laugh is unbearable.

Boiled down the sound of Mahers voice is unbearable (as is his drivel) while it's only what and how Francis says stuff (and his laugh) that are unbearable.

How bad is that laugh? Holy ****. I didn't mind him at first, but that voice just gets to you eventually.

The case for Leach.

Nice summation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without knowing what he does elsewhere. If he wanted it. I'd have given Teo Pellizzeri the afternoon slot.
Like for getting his name out there. And spelt well.
Nobody would even think of him.
Well done

It's not as if all seven are going to be on-air at the same time. That would be like saying KB's show has six hosts because he pairs up with Patrick Smith, Jon Ralph, Greg Denham etc.

I doubt McClure will be on-air for too much of the three hours - his job will probably be to come in with breaking news and other topical stories. The station will work out quickly if four voices on-air at the same time works or not - if it doesn't then Hamish can go to the bench for these segments!

I am intrigued by his move from 3AW to SEN - from a top-rating station to a low-rating station. Usually it is the other way around. Obviously he will be a part of SEN's footy calling team, and probably report on sport during other shows throughout the day.
Love your avatar pic and name.

IMG_0824.JPG

You could say the same about Maher, he thinks he is somehow more informed and tolerant than everyone else. At least Francis Leach has some sort of background as a political commentator and presenter so that no matter how big his double standard, he at least knows half of what he's talking about. Maher's justification for everything is that if it can do some good then it's worth doing, which sounds harmless enough, but you could justify anything with that sort of logic, including totalitarianism. He sounds like someone who has spent too long reading the SMS machines, and thinks that the text trolling there is a representative snapshot of other opinions.

I actually think Hungry for Sport is the best program on SEN and has been for a while.
This is true, and says far more about the station than it does about KB.

Nice Garry....good beard for radio. It will need to come off for conservative Ch.9 and Footy Classified though.

Sam McClure across from 3AW is a surprise. Very self-confident millennial bloke who loves the nickname "Scoop", but has missed just about every breaking story this year.

Not sure what the SEN breakfast slot is rating now (around 4%?) but it would need to go close to doubling to justify the expense of these four - not cheap I imagine!!

You are right about Scoop's name being a misnomer - Unsure what his role will be on the show - SEN Breakfast will always fail if they insist on it being a 'humorous show' like on other stations - Daily sports shows need to have a serious tone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back