Radio 1116 SEN 2023 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Almost vomited this morning listening to Whateley moralizing again about the Toby Greene matter, via correlating it with the matter of the week before.

I'll just leave this here:

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Almost vomited this morning listening to Whateley moralizing again about the Toby Greene matter, via correlating it with the matter of the week before.

View attachment 748211

I can’t stand it. He genuinely thinks his is the only opinion that matters or makes sense.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I can’t stand it. He genuinely thinks his is the only opinion that matters or makes sense.

He's a major figure in the ongoing gentrification of football, along with Wilson & Robinson.

Most folks don't even realise what's going on.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets

View attachment 748211

One is a Geelong player and the other is not, no surprises regarding which one the little wiener is outraged over.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I reckon it's voice and delivery that makes him sound more sanctimonious than he intends

Do you like it when he drops the tone a la Bruce McAvaney when he thinks he's spruiking something important?

He's about as sincere as a 3 dollar bill.

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
across the park from commission flats
AFL Club
Richmond
It doesn't matter how much we complain, Whateley has clout. That's why he could get an interview with Steve Waugh. Imagine what crap we'd be hearing from KB at that time.
thats a bit harsh...KB's passion and knowledge for other sports was above average,the bloke played and coached for over 20 years so to find time
for other interests outside his own is phenomenal...i woulda used someone else,less researched as an example,but anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
thats a bit harsh...KB's passion and knowledge for other sports was above average,the bloke played and coached for over 20 years so to find time
for other interests outside his own is phenomenal...i woulda used someone else,less researched as an example,but anyway.
The point is that Steve Waugh was interviewed on SEN. That would've never occurred with KB.
seemingly unpopular opinion but I really rate Whateley and he is the best part of the current SEN line up - from 6am till 12 SEN is excellent apart from insane amounts of ads, from 12pm to 5.59am its borderline unlistenable.
My suspicion is that Whateley might need a few years to get rid of the stench of hanging around with Jon Faine for a long time. If people thing he's pompous now, it's nothing compared to the 10am hour he'd do with Faine on Mondays.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
seemingly unpopular opinion but I really rate Whateley and he is the best part of the current SEN line up - from 6am till 12 SEN is excellent apart from insane amounts of ads, from 12pm to 5.59am its borderline unlistenable.

When they get into Footy Tinder in the evenings, I have to restrain myself.

I’m sure there are plenty of Dads with young kids listening and the kids ask ‘Dad, what’s Tinder?’

Really family friendly crap radio.

saha

Cancelled
Jul 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
When they get into Footy Tinder in the evenings, I have to restrain myself.

I’m sure there are plenty of Dads with young kids listening and the kids ask ‘Dad, what’s Tinder?’

Really family friendly crap radio.

Agree the segment isn't one of my favourites but I think the bigger issue would be to ask ourselves what parent would have their kids listening to SEN evenings at like 8:45pm? And a simple explanation of the concept of Tinder would I'm sure extract the parent from any predicament. Seriously, people just love to be be outraged for the sake of being outraged

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Agree the segment isn't one of my favourites but I think the bigger issue would be to ask ourselves what parent would have their kids listening to SEN evenings at like 8:45pm? And a simple explanation of the concept of Tinder would I'm sure extract the parent from any predicament. Seriously, people just love to be be outraged for the sake of being outraged

Not outraged at all, it’s just a stupid segment.

Cabasa

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
There was around 15 seconds of SEN earlier this evening that wasn't in some way an advertisement. It felt odd.

Horse racing (betting) talk at the prime evening timeslot? I don't blame the current administration/hosts as SEN has been going downhill well before the current situation. But, it is dire at the moment in terms of quality.

Jul 3, 2008
Just under pussy's bow.
AFL Club
Geelong
One thing that I do admire with Bob Murphy - he's completely unable to hide his total disdain for Sam McClure.

Thursdays at around 5.30, when Andy has to leave early for The Front Bar prep, is now must-listen radio just to see how many words Bob can utter as Sam warbles on and on and on and on.

When Bob does say something - and it's rarely more than a half-sentence through gritted teeth - Sam replies with the fake cackle of a smart-arse prefect before launching into another ramble in between the ads and odds.

Toss-bag of the highest order, and Bob makes us all know it.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
The saturday rub tribute to frawley broadcast on mmm and sen last Saturday was fantastic. I haven't laughed that much listening to the radio probably ever.

Something that stood out for me was when they were mentioning advertising and brayshaw said that the show will run twice as long on sdn compared to mmm, to fit in all the ads into the show.

We are absolute suckers for still listening to sen, which is basically advertising, mixed with live read advertising by the hosts, with a little bit of sports radio intertwined.

Listen to the footy on sen for a quarter and then flick over to the abc for another quarter. You soon realise how overloaded and full of advertising sen is.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
The saturday rub tribute to frawley broadcast on mmm and sen last Saturday was fantastic. I haven't laughed that much listening to the radio probably ever.

Something that stood out for me was when they were mentioning advertising and brayshaw said that the show will run twice as long on sdn compared to mmm, to fit in all the ads into the show.

We are absolute suckers for still listening to sen, which is basically advertising, mixed with live read advertising by the hosts, with a little bit of sports radio intertwined.

Listen to the footy on sen for a quarter and then flick over to the abc for another quarter. You soon realise how overloaded and full of advertising sen is.
So why do you bother

May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
I listen through the podcasts whenever I can.

Unfortunately, they're not always uploaded quickly (unlike 3AW sports) which might be just be incompetence, or deliberate.

Unless you have a compelling need to listen "live" it's a good way to kill much of the ads. You miss out on some talkback callers too - usually not a bad thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back