Radio 1116 SEN 2020 Lineup

Remove this Banner Ad

imadodgyumpire

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 10, 2011
In isolation due to coronavirus
AFL Club
Carlton
On another note, Gerard was going on about Australia's record in all cricket games this calendar year, which was something like 73% or whatever it is.

Gerard was going on about how that record is a "source of admiration and pride".

Gerard, mate. Get you hand off it! All games including the T20s against Pakistan and the pre-WC games against them. Geez, how much are CA paying him? I was in disbelief with his embellishment.

bedford

Hall of Famer
Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC
Current host referring to Mel Jones as "Royalty of Australian cricket".

5 games, 1 ton, 35.85 avg.

Legend.
Sam Hargraves , what a tosser he is , all about him. Said the other day like Heverin did that he's a cricket tragic , why not just say I love my cricket . It's like their trying to justify themselves talking about the game.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

Foucault1989

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Most of the interviews at this time of the year involve asking them on how the season went and what's planned for the Christmas break, ground breaking radio. Bring back Stephen J Peak for some off-season summer banter with Ripper Rita. Other than cricket not much on in terms of material unless for the odd basketball or soccer if you're into that.
Rita belongs in a dumpster. She should never go beyond the backwaters of Sky News

Bumpswithagrin

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
Current host referring to Mel Jones as "Royalty of Australian cricket".

5 Tests, 1 ton, 35.85 avg.

61 odi, 4 50s, 21.41 avg.

Legend.
There wasn’t as much women’s cricket played back in Mel’s day in fairness to her, test matches were rare and still are even now. Having said that it annoys me that women’s versions of popular men’s games have been elevated automatically to the same level of importance as the men’s form purely due to PC nonsense. Let them evolve naturally.

Collingwood 4 eternity

Premiership Player
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Rita belongs in a dumpster. She should never go beyond the backwaters of Sky News
The best hour of radio was Casual Fridays with Harf, Richo and Rita..

..was a great combination.
Looks like Dwayne Russell 12-3 pm will be going up against Steve Price (with Rita as one of Steve main show guests) on 3aw 12-3 pm next year , with Dennis Walter 7-midnight , moving to nights on 3aw he will be going up against Jack Heverin 7-11 pm that’s if Jack is going back to evenings on Sen next year.

Steve will probably broadcast a couple of his shows from Melbourne each week to tie into his The Project desk duties and broadcast into Sydney and Melbourne like he did with his evening show for the last 3 1/2 years

bedford

Hall of Famer
Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC
There wasn’t as much women’s cricket played back in Mel’s day in fairness to her, test matches were rare and still are even now. Having said that it annoys me that women’s versions of popular men’s games have been elevated automatically to the same level of importance as the men’s form purely due to PC nonsense. Let them evolve naturally.
How true this is , well said.

bedford

Hall of Famer
Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC
Looks like Dwayne Russell 12-3 pm will be going up against Steve Price (with Rita as one of Steve main show guests) on 3aw 12-3 pm next year , with Dennis Walter 7-midnight , moving to nights on 3aw he will be going up against Jack Heverin 7-11 pm that’s if Jack is going back to evenings on Sen next year.

Steve will probably broadcast a couple of his shows from Melbourne each week to tie into his The Project desk duties and broadcast into Sydney and Melbourne like he did with his evening show for the last 3 1/2 years
Price should not be allowed to draw breath like Alan Jones

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bumpswithagrin

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
I think Rita is better now. I didn't mind her on SEN but it was pretty lightweight. She gets to tackle more meaty subjects now and she makes a a lot of sense on many issues. She has plenty of fans, just not here on BF by the looks of it.

beez

A*mazing
Sep 15, 2004
Dale Thomas' arse
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cult of Robbo
I think Rita is better now. I didn't mind her on SEN but it was pretty lightweight. She gets to tackle more meaty subjects now and she makes a a lot of sense on many issues. She has plenty of fans, just not here on BF by the looks of it.

She has her 20 fans on Sky and those 300 000 Herald Sun fans just buy it to draw her with glasses and devil's horns. Oh? 3AW listeners? They're too old and senile to work out how to change the radio dial.

kidding kidding ;)

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
valid point. if i equate it to aflw, its great women now have a "national" footy platform to achieve at. although no idea what their ceiling was pre aflw. it's interesting that pro afl supporters (nothing else) say aflw is the best womens footy comp in the world, the pinnacle of the sport. It's played only here.

Remove this Banner Ad