Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

There used to be a VFL/Country hour with Finey back in the day. Want to say it was on a wednesday night at 7 or 8pm.
With Paul Daffey. I have a feeling it was Wednesday at 9pm or Thursday at 8 - Wednesday was Golf at 8pm with Marko. Monday might have been A-League at 8. Tuesday was Harness Racing talk? leading into Initially Speaking with Shane Zantuck and Stephen Milne. Heard Finey on RSN they other night with Hillier...so sad such a bold personality is only a "guest" on an obscure station

Surely a discussion via SEN on the rumours of Two-Stroke's returning to MotoGP using Hydrogen power would get everyones' interest? It reminds this author of the Aermacchi years, then Cagiva but in all honesty, we always trailed the Germans then the Japanese on Stink-Engines. Dwayne Russell is a car man at least, having a Porsche and formerly an RX7 - he'd get the subtledly. I love a quote; unknown: "...the trouble with Two-Strokes is they smell like poor people..."
Probably not. If there was a regular motorsport/motorbike segment, like what KB used to have, then you could bring it up. Otherwise it'd have to be when motorbike racing is topical, like when they're at Phillip Island. I don't think it could be a feature point of discussion.

if this station was a serious sports station & its not ,its an AFL station imo,it could easily fit in 1 hourly weekly commentary per sport starting with F1,Cricket,NRL,NBL,Tennis,Horse Racing,Local & o'seas Soccer,Golf,sprinkled in with the lesser followed sports such as boxing,yachting,netball,cheese rolling,Darts & even AFLW for that matter.
ive found this station,save for Whateley & the newly arrived Russell, to be very, very ,very, lazy over the past 24-26 months
that show OTB is just garbage,how anyone can listen to those 2 babylon about nothing but themselves for more than 30 seconds astounds me
do us a favour pls

Last edited:
Honestly the product SEN churns out now is just pathetic, there's no other way to put it. Back 5-10 years ago you had such a variety of shows; Harf Time was always engaging with fresh guests discussing current sports/footy events and sports news of the day, Marko and Ox weren't for everyone but at least they had some iconic segments and characters which were always good for a laugh, Footy Fix was must listen to on a Friday with Ox, Doctor Turf and Matty G (dead set, strange things, betting exchange etc.), Off the Bench was humerous as it was just winding up Doctor Turf for 2 hours, Finey's Final Siren provided some of the greatest and most heated footy radio ever, Finey's evenings program was possibly the most well prepared and diverse show on the station (Chasing Birdies/GBU crew/VFL hour/League Teams/Storm Hour/A-League hour/Geoff Poulter/Steven J Peak late at night going nuts etc), All Night Appetite actually had quality hosts with intricate footy and sports discussion (instead of just replayed shows from the day before) and then there was KB where u knew what you were getting (at least he had a regular turnover of 10-20 geusts on throughout the week to spice the show up). The only show which has remained fairly similar is Mornings, basically because Watto hasn't left yet. When you break it all down like this, it's actually really sad and quite despairing how poor the station has become. The SEN of the Hutchy era has no clear identity, direction or connection to it's listeners, it's just a regular loop of pre-conceived basic level discussion with the odd hot take from Kane or Der-wayne to create regurgitated click bait articles and discussion points for the next week. Feels like a part of Melbourne footy culture has vanished with the decline of the station.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Whateley's got a neck like Mr Squiggle

mrSquiggle_1649.jpg

Weren't Billy and his missus divorced? Not that I'm an advocate for Lyon, mate's ex's are off-limits, in my opinion, but I think it's an unfair criticism of Lyon that they were cheating.
I agree. they werent together.

But semantics aside, it was funny that he mentioned lawn mowing as his skill. haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weren't Billy and his missus divorced? Not that I'm an advocate for Lyon, mate's ex's are off-limits, in my opinion, but I think it's an unfair criticism of Lyon that they were cheating.
Funny this came up
We had a guest speaker at our CC on Sunday who was/is very close to both of them.

His telling of the situation certainly changed a bit of the perception for us on Garry's , as far as that situation went.

Why does Sam refer to his guests by their full name even in conversation with them

That's a good question, Peter North, and one I don't have an answer too at the moment, but let's open it up to our fellow members of the forum - possibly Bed Ford or Imadodgy Umpire - and maybe we'll get an answer.

But in the meantime, while we wait for a response from our SEN listeners, let me propose another question that's hopefully just as good, if not better and it's this - is our obsession with AFLW - and when I say our, I'm talking about the SEN family - is our enthusiasm for the game a fraction misguided...some may say over the top...considering our own broadcast on Saturday afternoon ignored the ladies game in favour of a practice match involving two teams that didn't even make finals last year?

That's a good question, Peter North, and one I don't have an answer too at the moment, but let's open it up to our fellow members of the forum - possibly Bed Ford or Imadodgy Umpire - and maybe we'll get an answer.

But in the meantime, while we wait for a response from our SEN listeners, let me propose another question that's hopefully just as good, if not better and it's this - is our obsession with AFLW - and when I say our, I'm talking about the SEN family - is our enthusiasm for the game a fraction misguided...some may say over the top...considering our own broadcast on Saturday afternoon ignored the ladies game in favour of a practice match involving two teams that didn't even make finals last year?
Its interesting how theyve dropped aflw all of a sudden

Honestly the product SEN churns out now is just pathetic, there's no other way to put it. Back 5-10 years ago you had such a variety of shows; Harf Time was always engaging with fresh guests discussing current sports/footy events and sports news of the day, Marko and Ox weren't for everyone but at least they had some iconic segments and characters which were always good for a laugh, Footy Fix was must listen to on a Friday with Ox, Doctor Turf and Matty G (dead set, strange things, betting exchange etc.), Off the Bench was humerous as it was just winding up Doctor Turf for 2 hours, Finey's Final Siren provided some of the greatest and most heated footy radio ever, Finey's evenings program was possibly the most well prepared and diverse show on the station (Chasing Birdies/GBU crew/VFL hour/League Teams/Storm Hour/A-League hour/Geoff Poulter/Steven J Peak late at night going nuts etc), All Night Appetite actually had quality hosts with intricate footy and sports discussion (instead of just replayed shows from the day before) and then there was KB where u knew what you were getting (at least he had a regular turnover of 10-20 geusts on throughout the week to spice the show up). The only show which has remained fairly similar is Mornings, basically because Watto hasn't left yet. When you break it all down like this, it's actually really sad and quite despairing how poor the station has become. The SEN of the Hutchy era has no clear identity, direction or connection to it's listeners, it's just a regular loop of pre-conceived basic level discussion with the odd hot take from Kane or Der-wayne to create regurgitated click bait articles and discussion points for the next week. Feels like a part of Melbourne footy culture has vanished with the decline of the station.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That is it.

This says it all

5qNHyiy.png

diversity is the lifeline of Melbourne. Melbourne is culturally rich and diverse, welcoming to all cultures and creeds. Each brings it's own uniqueness to the city. And Fineys show did that too. AN hour with no afl talk was refreshing and introduced people and sports to those who have not taken an interest or closed their minds to stuff.

Haven't had a chance to write about this until now but....Dwayne Russell, given his job, doesn't even bother to learn or know who the captains are of the clubs.....mentioned yesterday who was going to be on his show....the captain of the Brisbane Lions Lachie Neale! Had to be corrected a few moments later.

He should've known the captain is Zorko. Ordinary to say the least for a compare of a show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back