Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Andy Maher on crunch time is unbearable.

I don't listen to the show live, but occasionally listen to (some of) the podcast. Whateley was bad enough, but Maher as well, talking like he played 300 games, is too much.

I really like the combination Heverin and Dal Santo.......or DalSanto and anybody. He's very good.
Was far better listening then CT . Jack let the show move nicely and Dal Santo is a much improved performer .

Andy Maher on crunch time is unbearable.

I don't listen to the show live, but occasionally listen to (some of) the podcast. Whateley was bad enough, but Maher as well, talking like he played 300 games, is too much.
I think Andy is ok given the right people around him .
Whately and he do not work at all and when you throw in a jorno as the other link its just not worth listening.

Andy actually knows his footy , but so do a lot of my mates and joe average .
Wonder who there expert will be ?

Whately and he do not work at all and when you throw in a jorno as the other link its just not worth listening.

Out of the present line up it has to be Dermie

Out of the present line up it has to be Dermie
When you Derm or someone of his ilk they straighten them up.

At the minute its Whately lecturing and Andy rambling on ( like I say I dont mind him but thats not his go )

Hodge maybe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's one thing that they couldn't use David King for Monday 10am. I can understand the use of Kane Cornes to in place of him. But I think it's best they find someone else longer term. Not that I listened to King, but his hour was a distinctly different segment. Whereas Whateley with Cornes just feels like another hour on SEN.

That’s a good thing though. SEN have far too much talkback as it is. Talkback is just a cheap and nasty way to fill in airtime between advertisements. The overwhelmingly misinformed and/or hilariously bias views of callers offer little or no worthwhile insight or entertainment. There would be some small amusement if the announcers were allowed to express their real opinions of the garbage that their talk back caller has just spewed but Hutchy knows the base and therefore that is out.
Thanks for explaining the real reason why Dwayne goes for the talkback angle, when every one of the previous hosts of the midday slot in SEN history always mostly created segments.

That’s a good thing though. SEN have far too much talkback as it is. Talkback is just a cheap and nasty way to fill in airtime between advertisements. The overwhelmingly misinformed and/or hilariously bias views of callers offer little or no worthwhile insight or entertainment. There would be some small amusement if the announcers were allowed to express their real opinions of the garbage that their talk back caller has just spewed but Hutchy knows the base and therefore that is out.

AKA why Mark Fine isn't there anymore.

Listening to Kane Cornes match wits with Gerard Whateley is like watching a blindfolded, handicapped chimpanzee play chess against Magnus Carlson.

Kane is okay. I think you giving Gerard a fair bit credit there. Not hard to pull out some big words and sit on the fence on just about everything.

Kane is okay. I think you giving Gerard a fair bit credit there. Not hard to pull out some big words and sit on the fence on just about everything.
Feel like the point of having these two on together (other than them both being on salaries) is just to create headlines and more publicity for the station with their 'controversial views', don't dislike Kane at all but their the two biggest campaigners in the footy industry.

Feel like the point of having these two on together (other than them both being on salaries) is just to create headlines and more publicity for the station with their 'controversial views', don't dislike Kane at all but their the two biggest campaigners in the footy industry.
Yep they are on to disagree 80% of the time no doubt about it.

Gerard even said as much to a caller .......was getting tiresome today

It's one thing that they couldn't use David King for Monday 10am. I can understand the use of Kane Cornes to in place of him. But I think it's best they find someone else longer term. Not that I listened to King, but his hour was a distinctly different segment. Whereas Whateley with Cornes just feels like another hour on SEN.
Exact reason I listened to that segment , it was different and actually interesting for the most part .

He better have Cornes covered intellectually afterall, what else does he bring to the table?
id also argue the intellectually better than view,imo just because your a radio host/journalist dont make it so
Hutchison attempted to compare AFL with his beloved NBA last night on FC & Kane shut him down in a blink of an eye

Remove this Banner Ad

Back