Radio 1116 SEN 2023 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Mr X

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2003
Round here
AFL Club
Geelong
Yeah i don't like him either but the personal attacks have gone too far here.

He appears to be like a ton of other leaders in the business world. Make hard calls, have hard conversations, evolve to survive and thrive, doesn't always make popular decisions with employees.
He is actually relatively in the background too (as a radio CEO should be - wouldn't have a clue who others are, Ita excepted), I don't listen to the podcast he does with Barrett, but what little I hear of the Off Bench, he tries to avoid talking about it.
The only other obsession with him that comes close to this thread is the Herald-Sun itself. One way or another, he has clearly rubbed a few people there up the wrong way as he moved on from being a journo and beat reporter!'

Some people need to sit back and think.

Of course they've changed the images and Facebook headers, why would they continue to promote someone that doesn't work there anymore? KB quit so why wouldn't they change the drive host immediately?

I don't like the decision, but some of you are acting like despite the fact that KB's gone they should keep him on all the branding.

Any station that has Adam 'I gave my mrs a burger ring' Conney, Danny 'tossbag' frawley and Nathan 'I was the best player in the league for 6 weeks' Brown is always going to struggle

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Seems to be doing everything to avoid actually being hosting nights.

Hutchy has said previously that he believes inconsistencies of hosts hurt their ratings.

They need some like Heverin who can call live sport and cover holidays. They have rights to so many sports now it is virtually a full time job calling NBL, Cricket, AFL and everything else.

I think they should get a permanent night hosts who just does that and let Heaverin do all those other things. It seems like he has two jobs at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This conversation between Andy and Georgie Parker is an impediment to women’s sport PR.

I dont know what theyre on about. Wait, i think maher is trying to get people outraged at the idea women are paid teh same as men in majors. Kills time.

I used to think andy was kinda dumb. but after hearing him speak about womens sport and $$$ i think not. He's aligned himself with womens sport aker aflw well. There he can be a big wig, but in afl he's way down the pecking order.

ive met him and hes a really nice bloke.

Jul 3, 2008
Just under pussy's bow.
AFL Club
Geelong
This conversation between Andy and Georgie Parker is an impediment to women’s sport PR.

It's an embarrassing segment, bringing in one of the few women on the station to talk about the most trivial s**t imaginable, usually about nothing to do with sport. Cause, you know, what would a chick know about that?

Amazed Andy and Georgie don't see it.

Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Melbourne (VFL)
It's an embarrassing segment, bringing in one of the few women on the station to talk about the most trivial s**t imaginable, usually about nothing to do with sport. Cause, you know, what would a chick know about that?

Agreed.

I'm a big supporter of women's footy, and spent countless hours covering it, but from the moment GP signed a rookie contract with the Pies it felt like a novelity signing from the word go.

A lot of media coverage, when other players (IMHO) deserved it a lot more than her.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC

SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK !

Dude Lebowski

Team Captain
Aug 9, 2005
Hobart
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Hobart Hurricanes
I used to think andy was kinda dumb. but after hearing him speak about womens sport and $$$ i think not. He's aligned himself with womens sport aker aflw well. There he can be a big wig, but in afl he's way down the pecking order.

He has 3 daughters and a wife at home, so no doubt he's swimming in estrogen and naturally going to gravitate towards women's sport. Also going by his twitter feed, his wife and colleagues are fourth-wave feminists who talk about how Hannah Gadsby is the greatest comedian on earth. So Andy probably doesn't stand much of a chance either way. I don't mind him though, he does have a bit of a different persona on the Carlton Podcast when around his mates.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Conversation?

Andy asks one really really really long question and by the times he’s done, the show is over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back