Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Any rumours on who will take over Drive? I presume it will have to be someone already with a contract. Would Huddo go back to a Daily show permanently. Maybe with Reiwoldt or Dal Santo?

Not sure I agree with that, I am not sticking up for Hutchy but the damage is done. If anything KB may have been forced to do this as part of the end of contract negotiations.

Don’t think that would stick in court. His contract ended this year anyway. Didn’t even have to release a statement if he didn’t want to.

The sort of men I really can’t stand are those who are more militant feminists than the majority of women. You can see most of these men do it for attention and to big note themselves.

The sort of men I really can’t stand are those who are more militant feminists than the majority of women. You can see most of these men do it for attention and to big note themselves.

Some might. But not all. As is some, a tiny % i think, do it to gain brownie points to trade in for the affections of another person.
But some, most, do it because they strongly feel that way. ok.

Some might. But not all. As is some, a tiny % i think, do it to gain brownie points to trade in for the affections of another person.

Maybe you’re right, but there are definitely some men who love to make a big deal of it.

Interesting reading that all of these so called listeners 'that will never return to SEN' are the same people who were done when Marko and Ox were given their marching orders. In simple terms, the afternoon drive show was absolute shite. I've always been a fan of KB in the mornings, but his latest pairing with the Doc just didn't work on any level.

You don't have to be the biggest fan of Hutchy, but the personal attacks are unwarranted. I commend him for his take over of the station - he is willing to take risks to change the way live sport is broadcast in this country. US Sport might not be everyone's cup of tea, but the Superbowl and NBA finals are huge ticket items, now with a massive following in Aus.

If he can find the right personnel for the correct time slots, I see no reason why the station can't thrive.

Interesting reading that all of these so called listeners 'that will never return to SEN' are the same people who were done when Marko and Ox were given their marching orders. In simple terms, the afternoon drive show was absolute s**t. I've always been a fan of KB in the mornings, but his latest pairing with the Doc just didn't work on any level.

You don't have to be the biggest fan of Hutchy, but the personal attacks are unwarranted. I commend him for his take over of the station - he is willing to take risks to change the way live sport is broadcast in this country. US Sport might not be everyone's cup of tea, but the Superbowl and NBA finals are huge ticket items, now with a massive following in Aus.

If he can find the right personnel for the correct time slots, I see no reason why the station can't thrive.

I like your avatar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You might've noticed that they tend to be blokes who haven't been blessed with good looks, and have probably struggled with chicks their whole lives. So, I reckon they do it in some desperate hope that it might help them pick up. :D I'm not kidding.

Last edited:
I can't remember a more dud fortnight of radio for years (apart from Christmas time), with EVERYONE on several stations taking a break at the same time. I got so desperate for something to listen to late last night after the cricket finishes (I was in me car driving home from a mate's joint) that I nearly put on Howie and Brigid Duclos on Triple M :D

Last edited:
I can't remember a more dud fortnight of radio for years, with EVERYONE on several stations taking a break at the same time. I got so desperate for something to listen to late last night after the cricket finishes (I was in me car driving home from a mate's joint) that I nearly put on Howie and Brigid Duclos on Triple M :D

Agreed. Listen to a bit of 3AW here and there just to get a news bulletin once in a while (need to know if there's a burst water main or something where I'm driving) and they have had Neil Mitchell replaced by Tony Jones... talk about from the sublime to the ridiculous!

[/QUOTE)

Being the father of daughters focussed my attention.

Not a fan of being force fed anything & feel that way with the ABC & female sport in the guise of sports news.

Interesting reading that all of these so called listeners 'that will never return to SEN' are the same people who were done when Marko and Ox were given their marching orders. In simple terms, the afternoon drive show was absolute s**t. I've always been a fan of KB in the mornings, but his latest pairing with the Doc just didn't work on any level.

How are the ratings going, all very well for those who love SEN but are the making progress?

A combination of Bob Murphy and Andy Maher or colourful commentator Dwayne Russell.

These are a couple of the options being thrown around as SEN boss Craig Hutchison desperately tries to land a big fish to replace Kevin Bartlett.

As the fallout from the shock exit of the AFL legend after 15 years at the station continues, various combinations are being thrown up to steer the drive program for the rest of the year.

Most are already either on SEN's books or part of Hutchison's Crocmedia umbrella which spreads far and wide on the media landscape.

The one which is gaining the most momentum is a combination of Murphy, the former Western Bulldogs captain, and Maher who is the current afternoon host.

Murphy is a part of SEN's footy team and appears regularly on the station's breakfast show and also with Gerard Whateley in the morning.

Maher is a long-time SEN man but it's unclear whether the shift in timeslot would work given his TV commitments which include the ratings juggernaut 'The Front Bar' and Channel 7's cricket coverage.

Hutchison is a big fan of Russell who does an hour-long daily show called 'Dwayne' for SEN SA and the `Sportsday' show he does with Gerard Healy on 3AW is produced by Crocmedia.

Former Saint and Kangaroo Nick Dal Santo, who is also on SEN's books, is another possibility but it's believed other contributors, Nick Riewoldt and David King, have ruled themselves out.

One left-field suggestion is the combination of Shane Crawford and James Hird, who last year did a popular podcast together, although their asking price might be outside SEN's budget.

Bartlett leaving might not be the only big name to depart SEN with breakfast hosts Tim Watson and Garry Lyon both out-of-contract at the end of the year.

Last edited:
I can't remember a more dud fortnight of radio for years, with EVERYONE on several stations taking a break at the same time. I got so desperate for something to listen to late last night after the cricket finishes (I was in me car driving home from a mate's joint) that I nearly put on Howie and Brigid Duclos on Triple M :D
we have triple m at work 8.30 - 5pm and the last week and a half has been a bullshit countdown and work experience kids on the mic. thankfully no rush hour, that has actually been a blessing.

back on sen though i turned over for the cricket and their effects background had dropped out and listening to flemmo and co call off the telly got a bit bornig so i've flipped over to msr where beva and co are calling off the telly but at least their background feed is holding up

A combination of Bob Murphy and Andy Maher or colourful commentator Dwayne Russell.

These are a couple of the options being thrown around as SEN boss Craig Hutchison desperately tries to land a big fish to replace Kevin Bartlett.

As the fallout from the shock exit of the AFL legend after 15 years at the station continues, various combinations are being thrown up to steer the drive program for the rest of the year.

Most are already either on SEN's books or part of Hutchison's Crocmedia umbrella which spreads far and wide on the media landscape.

The one which is gaining the most momentum is a combination of Murphy, the former Western Bulldogs captain, and Maher who is the current afternoon host.

Murphy is a part of SEN's footy team and appears regularly on the station's breakfast show and also with Gerard Whateley in the morning.

Maher is a long-time SEN man but it's unclear whether the shift in timeslot would work given his TV commitments which include the ratings juggernaut 'The Front Bar' and Channel 7's cricket coverage.

Hutchison is a big fan of Russell who does an hour-long daily show called 'Dwayne' for SEN SA and the `Sportsday' show he does with Gerard Healy on 3AW is produced by Crocmedia.

Former Saint and Kangaroo Nick Dal Santo, who is also on SEN's books, is another possibility but it's believed other contributors, Nick Riewoldt and David King, have ruled themselves out.

One left-field suggestion is the combination of Shane Crawford and James Hird, who last year did a popular podcast together, although their asking price might be outside SEN's budget.

Bartlett leaving might not be the only big name to depart SEN with breakfast hosts Tim Watson and Garry Lyon both out-of-contract at the end of the year.

SEN finished forever if he goes for majority of those above.....Dal Santo the only one mentioned that I would tune in and listen..

Yes more boboring...

More bobservations

More bob-sing-a-longs

What could possibly go wrong with the hipster dufus doing his bobness

Remove this Banner Ad

Back