Radio 1116 SEN 2023 Line-up

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Can someone explain to me how Maher keeps his job?

He uses 50 words when 5 will do. He stutters (Not the stuttering that someone that actually stutters does but some stupid thing that only he does) His questions are always explained to the enth degree when it's very obvious what the actual question is and doesn't need an explanation attached to it.

I have listened to SEN from the very beginning but have to turn it off for his show now as i can not tolerate even the slightest sound of his voice and much to my dismay he's even doing ads and calling footy.

I can understand using him for the golf with Marco gone but i just don't get the attraction as to how he has survived there so long while so many have gone.

Was given the heave ho a couple of years back, & got back some how.

Mr X

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2003
Round here
AFL Club
Geelong
Like i said, not liking him is one thing.

Give an example of why he can't handle it, like i did when he reads out mean tweets of people bagging him and has a laugh about it or bags them back.

Never once have i heard him not being able to take criticism like you imply.

He has an opinion and expresses it - and then engages with callers when they agree or disagree and comes across pretty respectful about it from what I have heard.

It's a talkback station, not sure what more some people really want sometimes in presenters......if there are slots that I don't like, I generally flick the dial somewhere else!

Mr X

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2003
Round here
AFL Club
Geelong
Was given the heave ho a couple of years back, & got back some how.

He should do a podcast series on his year in the wilderness and how he got back. He could pose the question "How did I end up here?". Lets face it.....asking that question itself out loud will take him the first 3 episodes of the series.......

Because he can't handle it , why do we even need this flog in Victoria.

I disagree respectfully. He can take criticism, and as others have noted he reads out mean tweets. I think he's thick skinned and realises this is his schtick - shock jock to a small extent.

Your opinion about non Victorians is interesting, you've posted about your disdain for macquarie sports radio as its NSW centric (which it is). And now cornes. I think its part of hutchys plan to be a national broadcaster.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
I disagree respectfully. He can take criticism, and as others have noted he reads out mean tweets. I think he's thick skinned and realises this is his schtick - shock jock to a small extent.

Your opinion about non Victorians is interesting, you've posted about your disdain for macquarie sports radio as its NSW centric (which it is). And now cornes. I think its part of hutchys plan to be a national broadcaster.

Thats why the money behind Hutchy comes out of WA & there is more to their strategy that I'm struggling to get across.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
I think Maher will be moved to mornings next year.

Whateley is going to Seven to replace Bruce.

Wouldn't be surprised if KB stayed on in the hope he got his morning slot back next year, but was told recently he wouldn't, so just told 'em to stuff it.

Gave up watching 360 years ago, he's hard to get away from ...

Well, i'm actually enjoying the drive show with Sandy, Terry and Derm. Gilbert McAdam on Andy's show was good as well.

Gilbert McAdam can't even speak properly, how the * is he going to be any good on radio then?

Either can Robbo, OX, Frawley etc etc

Hasn't stopped them from having careers.
All of whom are 10 times more articulate than McAdam, which is saying something

May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
I can't stand him as a footy personality but he has been co-host of the no 1 show on Vic 6pm radio for 15 years so he would be a huge get for SEN.

Isn't he already doing a show for the South Australian version of SEN - the afternoon slot? Which he is doing from Melbourne.

Wouldn't be too hard to get him across, although it would complicate things for his 6pm show on 3AW.

Crashy

Cancelled
Dec 31, 2018
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Adelaide Strikers
Isn't he already doing a show for the South Australian version of SEN - the afternoon slot? Which he is doing from Melbourne.

Wouldn't be too hard to get him across, although it would complicate things for his 6pm show on 3AW.

He does 3:05 to 3:53 with plenty of ads, usaually 5 callers/ 1 prerecorded interview (which I am sure he puts on his other shows later in the day) and that is his show.

Dixie Normous

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Adam Cooney has personality overload on the radio - he's always shot out of a canon and so exuberant. Someone needs to rein him in

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
It's kind of weird how you remember random s**t, and it affects how you view them?

Consider how many matches Russell has commentated, and all the s**t he cops for it on various forums.

The day after the 2003 NRL Grand Final (A game so good, it's the best game of anything in this country ever), David Hookes, having acknowledged that he didn't like RL, opened sports today glowing praise of the game. Deeerrrrwaaaayyyyynnnnee downplayed it, and was saying Brisbane's performance in the previous week's AFL GF was a better spectacle or some s**t.

He lost me then. Whenever I read criticism of him. I saying to myself "Yeah, he didn't think the 2003 NRL GF was that good. Of course he's a knob".

Aug 27, 2007
brisbane
AFL Club
Essendon
Th
It's kind of weird how you remember random s**t, and it affects how you view them?

Consider how many matches Russell has commentated, and all the s**t he cops for it on various forums.

The day after the 2003 NRL Grand Final (A game so good, it's the best game of anything in this country ever), David Hookes, having acknowledged that he didn't like RL, opened sports today glowing praise of the game. Deeerrrrwaaaayyyyynnnnee downplayed it, and was saying Brisbane's performance in the previous week's AFL GF was a better spectacle or some s**t.

He lost me then. Whenever I read criticism of him. I saying to myself "Yeah, he didn't think the 2003 NRL GF was that good. Of course he's a knob".
That 03 nrl grand is probably the best grand ever or second behind 89

Back