Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

liking Dwayne,listened to about 2 hrs of him over past 2 days,sounds professional and doesnt try too hard...its been a couple of yeras since ive wanted to stay tuned in for more than 5 minutes in regards to the 12-4 shift outside of footy season
he definitely is professional. quite an accomplished presenter i may add

You're an nfl fan, so I happily bow to your expertise here. Remember his colour commentator thought GW had called the game for years and was very impressed with him.

Incidentally, Gossage interviewed a college football person before. Great interview re clemson vs LSU (battle of the Tigers). Can I ask you a question? You know all the "bowl" games in college football....is there any relevance to the name (cotton, rose etc)? Are certain teams only permitted to play in certain bowl games?
Cotton bowl use to be the runner up of big 12 and sec or 3rd place in those conferences. Now it’s the runner up from the big 10 and winner of the big east.

rose is a pac 12 big 10 battle.always has been

He is unfortunately.

They talk up his call of the last two Superbowls as revolutionary. It has been bog ordinary. He can't even use the terminology correctly.

Example, in the Eagles-Patriots Superbowl, he kept calling both quarterbacks out of playaction, before the ball was snapped! This isn't possible. I'm assuming he meant shotgun? Perhaps someone who knew should have mentioned it to him.

He wouldn't get a gig calling NFL on local radio in the US.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app
As hutchy thinks he is a god

You're an nfl fan, so I happily bow to your expertise here. Remember his colour commentator thought GW had called the game for years and was very impressed with him.

Can I ask you a question? You know all the "bowl" games in college football....is there any relevance to the name (cotton, rose etc)? Are certain teams only permitted to play in certain bowl games?

Remember that quote from the colour commentator. I'd never heard of the guy. I'm going to assume he was told to give a bullshit compliment.

As for the Bowl games, previous posts are spot on. Conference winners play other conference winners. 2nd/3rd place plays in others.

There were 41 Bowl games this year. 6 wins usually qualifies for a berth but a few teams needed 7.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cotton bowl use to be the runner up of big 12 and sec or 3rd place in those conferences. Now it’s the runner up from the big 10 and winner of the big east.

rose is a pac 12 big 10 battle.always has been

Not in the College Football Playoff era it's not.

I believe he is, but i don't understand why.
Anyone who follows the game would watch on tv.
Only a small % of sen audience would really be interested.
Surely theres a generic radio call Hutchy could buy for not too much.
NFL is surely not Poindexters area of expertise anyway.
What is the point of the trip?

I think it is to do with Ballpark Entertainment also owned by Croc Media. They take a group over to the Super Bowl and hang out with Gerard at a few events.

Not sure I agree with hoddo's criticisms of Whateley's commentary. I don't remember him calling the qb's out of playaction?

On another note, our man Gossage. He was curious and critical of booing?

He's dreaming! If he wants to know why fans boo, then he's to go to FIney. I've heard him articulate numerous times over the years why fans boo, and he's right.

I find it hard to believe that a troll hunter like Gossage doesn't understand booing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So judging by the last few pages of the thread Dwayne may actually be worth giving a shot? Gossage too? I barely listen to SEN nowadays. Pretty much only Whately's show. With him on holidays and majority of my regular podcaster's not back yet I've got a distinct lack of content to listen to. Sounds like I should give SEN another crack. It could be a hard pill to swallow if I enjoy them, I find Gossage absolutely insufferable commentating games, and I've made my thoughts on Dwayne very known over in his thread...

So judging by the last few pages of the thread Dwayne may actually be worth giving a shot? Gossage too? I barely listen to SEN nowadays. Pretty much only Whately's show. With him on holidays and majority of my regular podcaster's not back yet I've got a distinct lack of content to listen to. Sounds like I should give SEN another crack. It could be a hard pill to swallow if I enjoy them, I find Gossage absolutely insufferable commentating games, and I've made my thoughts on Dwayne very known over in his thread...
I've changed my opinion of Dwayne he's good .Gossage terrible calling , but has very amusing with the trolls.

fake sincerity is the worse,is his boss putting that on him ? or is it just his normal personality to thank someone who works there for coming into work ?
if it is his normal personality i find it condescending ,patronising and fake.Only the boss should be thanking employees for coming into work.

How dumb are these texters getting sucked in to Gossage
1579061144099.png
He plays them so well. That evil,bad man from WA contaminating the Victorian SEN airwaves. Haha.
But he's actually got me listening or in the background most days. That's a lot more than i could say for the other time slots.

Listened to him and Matt Rendell and it was great stuff. Rendell talks non stop so Dwayne just let him go for it. Best interview I've heard in ages.

View attachment 806164
He plays them so well. That evil,bad man from WA contaminating the Victorian SEN airwaves. Haha.
But he's actually got me listening or in the background most days. That's a lot more than i could say for the other time slots.

Says a lot about the intelligence of those who consume the bait doesnt it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back