Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Pickers needs to lay off the smokes, sounds like he is talking out of his nose
sounded like he had a couple of shandies before he hit the air last night to me

so far so good for sen 2020. caught parts of the first week of dwayne last week when i was having some school holiday time off work and far better than i was expecting and wow, does experience show. none of the marlon blando radio that jack h was doing in the same slot.

also great there was one night without big bash and they had a-league to kick to. hopefully this is the year sen returns to a bit of form because the last few years have been sub-par.

Tennis is my main sport, think Dwyane speaks a fair bit of crap so far. Doesn't really know the sport.

Does he have intelligent knowledge of any sport?

Remember when 9 had him doing the equestrian at the London Olympics, and you could clearly hear the contempt his co-commentator had for him with his lack of knowledge of the sport.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Hutchy made a big move for JB and Bill to bring the rush hour over from Triple M which keeps getting shafted with time slot changes.
That would propel SEN to another stratosphere, jB calling games etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes , but not on the main station.

If you're a 24-7 sports station, and not broadcasting the biggest global sporting event on the Aussie calendar - in your home city no less - then you might as well pack it all in and hand in your license.

Having said that, let me say this. I feel EXACTLY the same way when that so-called "sport" horse racing comes on the airwaves.

Does he have intelligent knowledge of any sport?

Remember when 9 had him doing the equestrian at the London Olympics, and you could clearly hear the contempt his co-commentator had for him with his lack of knowledge of the sport.
Equestrian is a fairly niche sport open to mainly well off. Maybe the problem was with the co-commentator...ie snob. Maybe it was the dressage and Dwayne nodded off...as most people would

It wouldn’t surprise me if Hutchy made a big move for JB and Bill to bring the rush hour over from Triple M which keeps getting shafted with time slot changes.

I think you are on the money. Triple M are transitioning out of sport and trying to network nationally as much as possible so I think they are only on air this year due to their contract and being to expensive to pay them out.

The only hurdle is money, I don't think SEN could afford them without a big name or two being cut or moving on. Maher / Bob and Heverin wouldn't be big salary earners so it would need to come from Lyon, Watson or Whately.

I think you are on the money. Triple M are transitioning out of sport and trying to network nationally as much as possible so I think they are only on air this year due to their contract and being to expensive to pay them out.

The only hurdle is money, I don't think SEN could afford them without a big name or two being cut or moving on. Maher / Bob and Heverin wouldn't be big salary earners so it would need to come from Lyon, Watson or Whately.
Other hurdle would be Gary and Billy being at SEN together

Marty , if your reading this I have gone back to 2011.

One first step to saving Sen is that I must bring Teo Pellizerri back to the present day to host overnights on Sen.

Let midnight city play over Melbourne airwaves that I have been successful.

Doc Brown

6xrz.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back