Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

What happened once with Leach was he was doing that (albeit very good) segment with Des Dowling and an old player. I tweeted something to him, basically accusing him of giving political Dorothy Dixers to the guest, and he responded twice during an ad break, after I had another dip. He then lamely did the "and I'm blocking you!!" line. Miserable bloke really, shame as his wife is lovely (Lynne Haultain)

What happened once with Leach was he was doing that (albeit very good) segment with Des Dowling and an old player. I tweeted something to him, basically accusing him of giving political Dorothy Dixers to the guest, and he responded twice during an ad break, after I had another dip. He then lamely did the "and I'm blocking you!!" line. Miserable bloke really, shame as his wife is lovely (Lynne Haultain)
Should see the s**t he tweets

Andy the bogan has simply ruined drive-time for me, can't listen to his drivel. Used to be one of my favourite time-slots, damn you Hutchy!
Me, too. I listened to the drive slot religiously from day one, but stopped toward the end of KB and Doc's stint last year and haven't returned.
The only shows I listen to now are breakfast and Off The Bench (both on the podcast), and sometimes Friday night footy pre-game, depending who's on.
I used to always listen to (some on podcast) all of breakfast, bits of KB, a lot of Harford, pretty much all of drive, and most of Finey. If Wispy and Loinchop go, I'll probably switch the dial forever :p
However, as I've said, I'm probably not in Hutchy's target demographic.

Last edited:
I was nearly certain thar AFLW is proper serious sport.
But I'm beginning to smell a rat. Why is Maher trying so hard to convince us that AFLW is serious sport? Could it be that it's just entertainment, engineered by the AFL. Glorified mud wrestling?
\
go with your instincts,ive suspected something from the get go,somethings not right...its as plain as day thats its below ordinary,yet the continuous mind
washing continues,they have taken steps to change the Australian sporting landscape where now February is unrecognisable to what it normally was,its sinister what is taking place with this AFLW,at its core is Transgenderism unfortunately...its a tool utilised to F*** with the minds of the younger generation
nothing more,nothing less...follow your instincts...

Can I just say that the hour between 7 and 8, magnificient!

Dimma then Goorjian. Goorj should be a regular (hard given he works in china i know). Terrific interview. Can feel the mutual respect. Great questions from tim and gary, really investigative stuff. And goorj provide meaningful answers which i think even those who dont know him or like basketball will appreciate.

of course gary had to slip in an afl reference.
Goorjian is almost compulsary listening even if your not a basketball fan .
Great to listen too

It's absolute rubbish !!
It's the Big Bash. What do you expect some kind of cutting edge radio presentation? And what's the alternative for radio in the evenings during the non AFL period? Talk about sports no one gives a crap about like car racing or soccer? Make predictions for the afl season? Christ we've had enough of those on sen

I f*n hate horse racing, I think it is degenerate sport, literally the only thing that I will INSTANTLY turn off without a millisecond of my attention.

But I accept that there's a market for it and SEN is there to cover it, and I don't expect it to be bunted to 1377.
Agreed. Horse racing is not a sport but for the time being there is still a market for it due to a) gambling revenue...I mean does anybody watch horse racing just for the sport without a monetary investment? The odds are literally built into every aspect of the sport and its presentation to the public and b) the weird combination of "high fashion", glitz and glamour with an event that involves the exploitation of animals. My father was an avid and problem gambler when I was growing up and I can tell you there is nothing glamorous about sitting in a dark and dusty TAB for 6 hours on a Saturday with cigarette smoke filling the room watching grown men shout and scream as their savings get whittled away...but you know...we don't represent that aspect of the event...we want to see the beautiful celebrities.

Did I mention I ******* hate horse racing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the Big Bash. What do you expect some kind of cutting edge radio presentation? And what's the alternative for radio in the evenings during the non AFL period? Talk about sports no one gives a crap about like car racing or soccer? Make predictions for the afl season? Christ we've had enough of those on sen

But it is a sports station. Which sports should be covered?

Horse racing is a degenerate sport, but listening or watching a 0-0 draw where average players are paid £100,000 per week is inspiring or moral? Give me a break. The A-League is all but dead and buried. Lost their major sponsor, and now there are rumours that they are contemplating going head to head with the AFL & NRL in the winter.
The A League is garbs. Soccer is just a s**t sport to watch.

But it is a sports station. Which sports should be covered?
I'm saying that of course a diversity of sports should be covered but priority should be given to sports people actually care about. In this instance, people like the Big Bash and cricket so it makes sense to telecast games. Imagine turning on a sports radio station to see if they were covering the main event sporting tournament in the summer and they had two no bodies talking about car racing.

If only the Super Netball league gained as much media attention and time as AFLW. That is a seriously good quality competition! And I find Andy Maher continually go on about the AFLW.
Agreed. I go to quite a few netball games every year (my partner bloody loves it) and the standard is consistently high and the whole event is always entertaining. Some pretty amazing athletes. With women's sport on the rise, I feel like too much attention has been given to women's participation in traditional male dominated sports has come at the expense of sports like netball. I mean....lots of kids love and play netball. Could be a huge market if marketed and presented right

I'm saying that of course a diversity of sports should be covered but priority should be given to sports people actually care about. In this instance, people like the Big Bash and cricket so it makes sense to telecast games. Imagine turning on a sports radio station to see if they were covering the main event sporting tournament in the summer and they had two no bodies talking about car racing.

Agree that the BBL absolutely should be covered. No arguments from me there. So there was a motor racing show on during a BBL game?

Agreed. I go to quite a few netball games every year (my partner bloody loves it) and the standard is consistently high and the whole event is always entertaining. Some pretty amazing athletes. With women's sport on the rise, I feel like too much attention has been given to women's participation in traditional male dominated sports has come at the expense of sports like netball. I mean....lots of kids love and play netball. Could be a huge market if marketed and presented right

Also agree there. Now look aflw is taking a small piece of the afl air time. This morning on RSN they spoke to lisa alexander. I doubt sen will do that today (happy to be proven wrong).

Regarding netball however, does anyone care about it?

Similarly, we have a national team in the Matilidas who are 7th in the world. They should be celebrated more.

You're my hero. Go get those nasty radio presenters. You told them champ

Agree that the BBL absolutely should be covered. No arguments from me there. So there was a motor racing show on during a BBL game?

Also agree there. Now look aflw is taking a small piece of the afl air time. This morning on RSN they spoke to lisa alexander. I doubt sen will do that today (happy to be proven wrong).

Regarding netball however, does anyone care about it?

Similarly, we have a national team in the Matilidas who are 7th in the world. They should be celebrated more.
No they haven't re car racing but I was responding to a poster who was questioning the merits of broadcasting it full stop so I was pointing out that at this time of the year there are no legitimate alternatives.

On the question of whether people care about netball, I would say that I have bee surprised by the following it gets at games but I would describe the fans as more quiet in terms of demanding more public attention. I go to the Melbourne Vixens games and most are pretty close to capacity, huge numbers of families with younger kids. Would it rate on a sports radio station whose target demographic is males 25+? No, definitely not. I mean, I don't think there would be one current netball player who would be a household name...maybe Caitlin Basset?

I've heard a couple of netball players and Lisa interviewed on SEN in the past. From memory Leach used to know a bit about it, but the interviews were mostly superficial due to a lack of understanding of the tactical aspects of the game

It's the Big Bore !!

Surely they can conjur up some meaningful & stimulating on-air discussions instead of that palava.

And yes, I do expect some sort of cutting edge radio, it's a professional commercial station FFS !!!!!

Big Bash is not sport. It's a television event like the Gladiators. Boring as batshit.
Peter Lalor said there is cricket and there is BBL. Whateley did not disagree.
Let's face it, if Big Bash was sport, would they let Andy Maher commentate?

No they haven't re car racing but I was responding to a poster who was questioning the merits of broadcasting it full stop so I was pointing out that at this time of the year there are no legitimate alternatives.

On the question of whether people care about netball, I would say that I have bee surprised by the following it gets at games but I would describe the fans as more quiet in terms of demanding more public attention. I go to the Melbourne Vixens games and most are pretty close to capacity, huge numbers of families with younger kids. Would it rate on a sports radio station whose target demographic is males 25+? No, definitely not. I mean, I don't think there would be one current netball player who would be a household name...maybe Caitlin Basset?

I've heard a couple of netball players and Lisa interviewed on SEN in the past. From memory Leach used to know a bit about it, but the interviews were mostly superficial due to a lack of understanding of the tactical aspects of the game

OK thanks for clearing that up. I misunderstood.

In terms of caring about netball, or any sport, you mentioned no one cares about soccer. That's kinda why I posed, or repeating what others have said - "no one cares about netball". Obviously people do care about both sports.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back