Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know the lyrics to the red energy ad?

I think its

I was born, born
*spoken part*
woah woah oh oh ohh.
I thought it was "I was born warm..."
On the subject of ads., I remember in April Hutchy must have cut the ad rates because we got - just once - the very rare second verse of the "State Transport" jingle, a boppy little number with a 1980's corporate guitar lick. It was a good day for radio because over on AW Neil Mitchell took a call from a ''Mulva", amusing all us Seinfeld fans...(Actually, I am a bit of nuffy when it comes to unedited versions of TV ads. Did you know for instance that there is a 3 minute+ version of that Budget Direct ad that features the Scottish guy and Nikki Shiels? And that the latest cartoon Optus ad, has had one solitary frame removed, that arguably made it? {the kid looks around and the bears look toward the ground innocently}. Other classics that have been edited and ruined are the Mersifyn one with the lovely vocal underneath, the "theatre production" Vapodrops one {"welcome back nose, welcome back throat"} and many others I can't remember at this moment)

I thought it was "I was born warm..."
On the subject of ads., I remember in April Hutchy must have cut the ad rates because we got - just once - the very rare second verse of the "State Transport" jingle, a boppy little number with a 1980's corporate guitar lick. It was a good day for radio because over on AW Neil Mitchell took a call from a ''Mulva", amusing all us Seinfeld fans...(Actually, I am a bit of nuffy when it comes to unedited versions of TV ads. Did you know for instance that there is a 3 minute+ version of that Budget Direct ad that features the Scottish guy and Nikki Shiels? And that the latest cartoon Optus ad, has had one solitary frame removed, that arguably made it? {the kid looks around and the bears look toward the ground innocently}. Other classics that have been edited and ruined are the Mersifyn one with the lovely vocal underneath, the "theatre production" Vapodrops one {"welcome back nose, welcome back throat"} and many others I can't remember at this moment)
I wish Hutch would get rid of Craig from Eco Star

I am based in Queensland so in the drought that has beset footy it is even harder to keep up with the AFL.
That said there are benefits like unless I am suffering from insomnia I don't get to hear the ramblings of Eddie McGuire and I am eternally grateful for that blessing.
However in trying to keep up to date I tuned into SEN online and heard Dwayne Russell and was incredibly disappointed with the line was trying to peddle.
He talked with Peter Bruckner and that was really good as Bruckner described the COVID-19 risks associated with AFL as a contact sport and the risks associated with crowds returning.
Dwayne however was all for getting the crowds back and talked about a "passport" to be in the crowd that showed you had been tested recently and that you had downloaded the tracking app.
I was so disappointed by what Dwayne was saying that I called in and in retrospect that was a waste of my time. I pointed out to Dwayne that I thought what Bruckner was saying was very good.
I also pointed out that the idea of a "passport" was flawed for at least two reasons.
Firstly the testing he talked about of being up to two weeks prior to the game told you your status up to two weeks prior to the game not when you were going to be in the crowd.
Secondly I shared with Dwayne a report from The Guardian Australian about the tracking app. Firstly if you had an iPhone it only worked when you had the app open and your phone active - so if your phone locked after you not using it the tracking app didn't work until your phone was again active.
I then shared with Dwayne that the tracking app (according to the Guardian) despite being downloaded by millions of Australians had only been used to identify COVID-19 ONE contact!
Dwayne responded that these were glitches and cut off my call.
I believe the key reason for the difference in what has happened with COVID-19 in Australia versus the USA or the UK is that we have listened to and acted upon the advice of experts rather than amateurs.
From my interaction with Dwayne he does not seem to have understood that key difference and despite having Peter Bruckner on his show he was happy to dismiss what he was saying about the risks associated with crowds.

I am based in Queensland so in the drought that has beset footy it is even harder to keep up with the AFL.
That said there are benefits like unless I am suffering from insomnia I don't get to hear the ramblings of Eddie McGuire and I am eternally grateful for that blessing.
However in trying to keep up to date I tuned into SEN online and heard Dwayne Russell and was incredibly disappointed with the line was trying to peddle.
He talked with Peter Bruckner and that was really good as Bruckner described the COVID-19 risks associated with AFL as a contact sport and the risks associated with crowds returning.
Dwayne however was all for getting the crowds back and talked about a "passport" to be in the crowd that showed you had been tested recently and that you had downloaded the tracking app.
I was so disappointed by what Dwayne was saying that I called in and in retrospect that was a waste of my time. I pointed out to Dwayne that I thought what Bruckner was saying was very good.
I also pointed out that the idea of a "passport" was flawed for at least two reasons.
Firstly the testing he talked about of being up to two weeks prior to the game told you your status up to two weeks prior to the game not when you were going to be in the crowd.
Secondly I shared with Dwayne a report from The Guardian Australian about the tracking app. Firstly if you had an iPhone it only worked when you had the app open and your phone active - so if your phone locked after you not using it the tracking app didn't work until your phone was again active.
I then shared with Dwayne that the tracking app (according to the Guardian) despite being downloaded by millions of Australians had only been used to identify COVID-19 ONE contact!
I believe the key reason for the difference in what has happened with COVID-19 in Australia versus the USA or the UK is that we have listened to and acted upon the advice of experts rather than amateurs.
From my interaction with Dwayne he does not seem to have understood that key difference and despite having Peter Bruckner on his show he was happy to dismiss what he was saying about the risks associated with crowds.
what did Doc say? was he supportive of the return of afl?

what did Doc say? was he supportive of the return of afl?
Peter, to paraphrase Bruckner, he thought that the chances of COVID-19 being passed on between players during an AFL game was low. He was then asked about crowds and was far more circumspect there because of the potential for "extended exposure" - being near people for 2+ hours despite any social distancing.
For my part both these comments made sense and Bruckner appeared in favour of AFL returning but not necessarily crowds yet. Like I said though, this is me paraphrasing Brucker.

Peter, to paraphrase Bruckner, he thought that the chances of COVID-19 being passed on between players during an AFL game was low. He was then asked about crowds and was far more circumspect there because of the potential for "extended exposure" - being near people for 2+ hours despite any social distancing.
For my part both these comments made sense and Bruckner appeared in favour of AFL returning but not necessarily crowds yet. Like I said though, this is me paraphrasing Brucker.
Appreciate your summary

John Sattlers son - if you dont know who he is, you arent a sports fan !!

Heard your call & it was clear Pipe did not like your line of questioning.
I agree with the your point over the app, & whilst I acknowledge the problems, I can see a 25% of capacity crowd with distancing a step to be advocated, but no app, no entry. Brisbane or the Coast make sense to me, & if it works give it a go in Melbourne.

Great call mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard your call & it was clear Pipe did not like your line of questioning.
I agree with the your point over the app, & whilst I acknowledge the problems, I can see a 25% of capacity crowd with distancing a step to be advocated, but no app, no entry. Brisbane or the Coast make sense to me, & if it works give it a go in Melbourne.

Great call mate.
I am not against crowds at games at all but I am completely in favour of taking heed of what the experts says.
My youngest was at University in the USA when all this COVID-19 started to hit. Trump said Church will be back for Easter and his University said they would be back having face-to-face classes by the end of March!
Their health experts had a completely different view and while Australia listened to our health experts the USA didn't and now the USA have 100,000+ deaths.

didnt they fix that issue with the iphones?

John Sattlers son - if you dont know who he is, you arent a sports fan !!

I'm not a sports fan ! Turn it up , I don't follow rugby of any type , so I have no idea what it's about thanks.

I am not sure whether it has been fixed or not but when I called Dwayne I said that it was something that was in a Guardian Australia report and included that Australia wide only 1 contact had been traced using the app.
I heard your call as well , good stuff. I've now gone off him and would prefer they get Harf back , or Gossage.

Registered User we need to hear this call

Remove this Banner Ad

Back