Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Gerard and Huddo are up and about on the back of Geelong winning .
Fair whack of the Friday night preview got dedicated to various aspects of there win , how Danger was going and ofcourse GAJ

Was disappointing I could have used a heads up on how bad we were going to be rather than a review of the Thursday night game ......again

Its an interesting point, I think with Thursday night games here to stay the AFL media need to adjust to how they discuss games. Make it more about the indervidual game rather than the round. I think game discussions or reflections shouldn't go past about 24 to 48 hours.

A topic like what did we learn from Friday nights game on Monday is dead boring. It has been done to death by then.

Its an interesting point, I think with Thursday night games here to stay the AFL media need to adjust to how they discuss games. Make it more about the indervidual game rather than the round. I think game discussions or reflections shouldn't go past about 24 to 48 hours.

A topic like what did we learn from Friday nights game on Monday is dead boring. It has been done to death by then.
I was joking a bit with Gerard and Huddo , its painful listening to them 'try' not to be excited after Geelong wins......but it was just absolute overkill , sure cats fans loved it though.

They used to have a good balance imo. I would say the previous nights game requires no more than a 5 minute overview ,as it now gets extensive coverage during the next day and some.

Its a bit picky but something they need to be a bit careful with.

I am enjoying garry and tim in the mornings. They spoke and discussed the washington NFL team removing the Redskin name. I thought they did well.
i missed that part but i did catch Tims taking the P,had Gary been to Burpengary in QLD ?
a landmark for me this morning was i actually stayed tuned into Gerrard for more than 20 seconds because of Luke Hodge
and Gerrards sacrifice on not making it about himself for a change,well done Gerrard,that was a good listen :thumbsu:

I am enjoying garry and tim in the mornings. They spoke and discussed the washington NFL team removing the Redskin name. I thought they did well.

I appreciate trying to get on an American guest for some perspective but Trey Wingo isn't really thought of that highly by anyone out there.. he didn't have a huge idea of the situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone tune into the Jack Riewoldt Show last night - how was it? It bumped the tennis from the coveted Monday 6pm timeslot.

Bedford?
i paid attention for about the first five minutes then just had it on in the background. surprised both that there was a football show back on a monday night.. and that it was a designated tiger hour. i too wondered how BP and Groth would feel about being bumped from the 6pm slot but the tennis show was up after that in a newly expanded 2 hour slot.

i guess tiger time would be an interesting hour if you followed Richmond but jack and jack don't quite have enough personality to make it interesting to a demon's supporter.

Tiger time? What station is furthest away?

Maher and Murphy is some of the most cringe inducing blather I have ever heard.

Don't mind breakfast, Gerard is reasonable and I can even handle Dwayne, although I used to detest him 3aw.

Crunch time is pathetic these days.

Did the exact thing but I lasted 2 mins.. strange move again by hutchy.. what market is this aiming for? Jack ain’t as interesting as he thinks he is

I presume Richmond or someone bought the on air time so it is purely a commercial decision.

The tennis show is the same. It is not on there to rate well but because someone has guranteed a certain amount of money to the station for that on air time.

The Heverin show has been wound back. With Thursday night and even Monday night football it has become a bit irrelevant.

Last edited:
Bring back Edmund and Cooney. At least I can listen to them without feeling the need to change stations within 30 seconds of listening. Maher and Murphy as a combination are unlistenable.

They were terrific, didn't get sick of them at all. I don't mind Andy Maher, but these two were much better to listen to..

Maher reached saturation status a few years ago. Genuinely decent caller, but the over emphasised Australian drawl, repeated on radio and TV is just too much.

Let him call games and that's it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back