hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
I listen until 9am. The second Garry and Tim are done, I tune off. I used to listen to Gerard, but with his opening statements on each show, it got too much. He started carrying on like he was a religious figure preaching to his worshipers. I gave up.

One thing I don't like is the amount of gambling advertisements. I get that it's all centred around sport being a sports station. I just find it a poor way to advertise. Hutchie and his show on Saturdays are basically a morning of gambling advertisements.

Anyway, Dwyane is a *******. SEN is failing.

There was a segment yesterday with one of the founder of TopSport. Cut to an ad break which had ads for Sportsbet and one other company (I think PointsBet).

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I'd be shocked if the wine bit wasn't another paid spot disguised as a segment. They mention Treasury Wines and another sponsor at the end.
It might be a bit of both, because it goes for so long, and Wispy and Garry obviously enjoy it

The SEN SA breakfast show do a similar segment where an instructor from a particular gym they advertise comes in to talk about personal fitness. What they talk about isn't bad but it's just annoying how obvious it is that it's a paid segment.

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Anyone noticed how they did their throwbacks from the week prior? They had audio saying Nick Riewoldt was on doing his review of the Saints, anyway, the audio playing was actually jack speaking about the hub. Absolute amateurs.

Yeah, I used to work in the gaming industry. Mainly tab. Probably 95 percent.

No campaigner cares.

I can't believe the government regulation is to always mention gamble responsibility. They couldn't care less. The tax they collect is simply too much for them to do anymore.

I think we all know that is the case.
its interesting, heavy beer isnt available at the G right? but gambling is a-ok.

SEN is conflicted. and provide themselves out to all betting agencies and their ads.

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
I think we all know that is the case.
its interesting, heavy beer isnt available at the G right? but gambling is a-ok.

SEN is conflicted. and provide themselves out to all betting agencies and their ads.
They haven't got much creditability left. Running ads for gambling and continually talking about it, isn't doing them any favours

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
They haven't got much creditability left. Running ads for gambling and continually talking about it, isn't doing them any favours
But thank you for having me.
I reckon the funniest thing is GW reading adds , you can just tell he hates it as it sounds so fake

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
But thank you for having me.
I reckon the funniest thing is GW reading adds , you can just tell he hates it as it sounds so fake
Yeah, I think I've heard him talking about how much he doesn't like gambling on other platforms.

Hutch and pickers almost get off on it.

I ******* hate how they're gambling on dogs or horses, whatever it is, for various charities. Fair enough, great for charities. But yet, another way to advertise and mention gambling on Sen.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Yeah, I think I've heard him talking about how much he doesn't like gambling on other platforms.

Hutch and pickers almost get off on it.

I ******* hate how they're gambling on dogs or horses, whatever it is, for various charities. Fair enough, great for charities. But yet, another way to advertise and mention gambling on Sen.
i love the punt , but i detest the adds on tv like Thomas and Brownless do

So do the tv stations showing sport

they do

then talking about mental health, addictions and beyond blue etc. it kinda sells itself. promote gambling, leads to addictions, mental illnesses, promote beyond blue. everyones a winner! *

* in extreme circumstances

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
they do

then talking about mental health, addictions and beyond blue etc. it kinda sells itself. promote gambling, leads to addictions, mental illnesses, promote beyond blue. everyones a winner! *

* in extreme circumstances
I feel like you can't promote gambling and then promote mental health awareness.

It's one of the major causes of mental health issues. Just really a big contradiction.

I feel like you can't promote gambling and then promote mental health awareness.

It's one of the major causes of mental health issues. Just really a big contradiction.

both organisations benefit from each other in some perverse way

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
One thing I don't like is the amount of gambling advertisements. I get that it's all centred around sport being a sports station. I just find it a poor way to advertise. Hutchie and his show on Saturdays are basically a morning of gambling advertisements.
Yes, Hutcho-Blob the great virtue-signaller, who likes to portray an image of being awesome, charitable and socially empathetic, while at the same making most of his money from gambling ads. Fa'rkin hypocritical. It shits me
I'd be happy to be corrected if I'm wrong. ?:D

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Yes, Hutcho-Blob the great virtue-signaller, who likes to portray an image of being awesome, charitable and socially empathetic, while at the same making most of his money from gambling ads. Fa'rkin hypocritical. It shits me
I'd be happy to be corrected if I'm wrong. ?:D
100% when they do the charity bets for their chosen charities it's always sponsored by a betting company. Now whilst he is donating money, that's fine, fantastic. But literally at the exact same time he is making money from advertising said Betting company. If he was half serious about himself he'd donate the money paid for that specific sponsor during that segment.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
SEN probably doesn't exist without betting advertising dollars, as much as I detest betting advertising.

It's so engrained in our sporting industries whether online, on tv, on the radio or at the ground, that kids are set up from a young age to have it normalised and think that one does not go without the other.

Back