Radio 1116 SEN 2023 Line-up

First time I've listened live to SEN live [via the stream] in probably 18 months. Half way through Lachie Neale's Brownlow Q&A with Hamish, "we need to go to a break".

Startling

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Congrats SEN - easily the worst radio coverage of a game that has ever been broadcast.

Gerard should quit in disgust...truly appalling with constant technical stuffups all night, including cutting to ad breaks during the game.

Seems poor given they were in the Melbourne studio. I think 3AW sent a team to Brisbane. I think SEN could of done that. Obviously not Gerard but a few of the other callers.

May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
First time I've listened live to SEN live [via the stream] in probably 18 months. Half way through Lachie Neale's Brownlow Q&A with Hamish, "we need to go to a break".

Startling
Were they about 10 minutes behind the count at one stage? Maybe it was my phone/app that was stuck at an earlier point.

Bedford's favourite, Sam Hargraves, was doing the shift. Was a real struggle for him juggling the ads, the crosses to Ch.7, reading the wrong vote tallies off his computer screen.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Were they about 10 minutes behind the count at one stage? Maybe it was my phone/app that was stuck at an earlier point.

Bedford's favourite, Sam Hargraves, was doing the shift. Was a real struggle for him juggling the ads, the crosses to Ch.7, reading the wrong vote tallies off his computer screen.
He really is sad , really feel for him

Collingwood 4 eternity

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Monday morning overnight crowd starts at midnight with a replay of Parkin and Plough previewing the 2 preliminary finals played last Fri & Sat night

I wonder if Port and Bris are tuning in might get some tips on how to beat Rich & Gee this time

Then it suddenly stops. is interrupted by the new automatic SEN program ad interrupter machine with 15 adds played , sheesh

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Monday morning overnight crowd starts at midnight with a replay of Parkin and Plough previewing the 2 preliminary finals played last Fri & Sat night

I wonder if Port and Bris are tuning in might get some tips on how to beat Rich & Gee this time

Then it suddenly stops. is interrupted by the new automatic SEN program ad interrupter machine with 15 adds played , sheesh
I must be listening to some other station then . Damowatson is on

Jul 3, 2008
Just under pussy's bow.
AFL Club
Geelong
Seems poor given they were in the Melbourne studio. I think 3AW sent a team to Brisbane. I think SEN could of done that. Obviously not Gerard but a few of the other callers.

It was beyond poor - they've had all year to perfect whatever issues might crop up.

For the broadcast to drop out at 7pm and miss 20 minutes of pre-game, to cut to ad breaks 5 minutes INTO THE GAME, to take ads after a goal, to have the commentary team drop out constantly - it's unforgiveable.

I only put up with it out of a morbid curiosity to see how bad it could get and it went far beyond anything I'd experienced in listening to footy on the radio in 45 years.

Looking forward to Gerard putting his own technical crew to 'the means test' or at least acknowledge the elephant in the room, or should I say Fat-Man.

The question remains - will The Fat-Man donate his donut money this week to guarantee a smooth, technical-free Saturday?

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
It was beyond poor - they've had all year to perfect whatever issues might crop up.

For the broadcast to drop out at 7pm and miss 20 minutes of pre-game, to cut to ad breaks 5 minutes INTO THE GAME, to take ads after a goal, to have the commentary team drop out constantly - it's unforgiveable.

I only put up with it out of a morbid curiosity to see how bad it could get and it went far beyond anything I'd experienced in listening to footy on the radio in 45 years.

Looking forward to Gerard putting his own technical crew to 'the means test' or at least acknowledge the elephant in the room, or should I say Fat-Man.

The question remains - will The Fat-Man donate his donut money this week to guarantee a smooth, technical-free Saturday?
It was terrible and sadly i had to change to AW.
King called in again before , obviously not getting the air time on FF at the moment , so his ego needs more.

Jul 3, 2008
Just under pussy's bow.
AFL Club
Geelong
It was terrible and sadly i had to change to AW.
King called in again before , obviously not getting the air time on FF at the moment , so his ego needs more.

Yeah, I changed to AW during pre-game, but I just loath the muppets they had to call the game and went back.

Just goes to show the dismal state we're in when just finding a decent call of the game is near-on impossible.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Yeah, I changed to AW during pre-game, but I just loath the muppets they had to call the game and went back.

Just goes to show the dismal state we're in when just finding a decent call of the game is near-on impossible.
I hate AW because it's so right wing , but SEN at times these days are terrible .

MauroFogheri

Fill the crucible
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
[

I went AW (Leonard is akin to nails-down-a-blackboard), then SEN but landed on MMM with Brown and Denner and only stayed as I have friends in Melbourne that know Baz (ciao Anna, how's Avondale going?:grimacing: )

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
[

I went AW (Leonard is akin to nails-down-a-blackboard), then SEN but landed on MMM with Brown and Denner and only stayed as I have friends in Melbourne that know Baz (ciao Anna, how's Avondale going?:grimacing: )
Tony Leonard wow , how does he still get a gig.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
In the car on Sunday about 2pm and caught bits of some horse racing coverage.

It was Heverin and some jockey talking about the races from Kilmore (not calling the race) and who to bet on, it was genuinely like two drunk blokes with a form guide at the TAB. Absolutely crap.
It's better on a Saturday with SOD on and a couple of others

Back