Radio 1116 SEN 2023 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Sen hosts love to dictate about race and culture and diversity within the AFL and other sports , in their sprouting point of view with the listening audience

But in reality what diversity exists at Sen

We all know they will never appoint a woman as a host across the daylight shows , Why ?

We all know that they won’t appoint a person of colour as a host across the daylight hours , Why ?

They only appoint and re appoint rehashed rich middle aged white males , yet lecture there audience how diverse there opinions are.

Someone called into Wayne Russell during Midday Sadness and made this very point. Pipe acknowledged it.

"You Call, You Get On!"

Agenda 21

Club Legend
Mar 9, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
GettyImages-980990480.jpg

I still don't like you, Sam Hargreaves.

spike101

All Australian
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Gerard is a sycophant.
In the dim distant past I sat on the same table as Demetriou at lunch courtesy of a sponsor. A table of 12. He commanded the table; not allowed to speak unless
Gerard is a sycophant.
In the dim distant past, courtesy of a sponsor , I sat at the same table as AD. He commanded the table; hardly allowed to have an alternative conversation without him asking what we were talking about. Heaven knows how much he may have influenced Ceos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Ol' mate Damian Watson copped a dodgy caller on the Overnight Show last night after midnight.

Caller said he was on the road and just crossed the SA border, then made a series of totally contradictory points about Eddie McGuire, and then tried to slip in the infamous WHAT'S THE FUNNIEST SMELLING THING IN THE WORLD prank joke to Damian.

No flies on Damian, who managed to dump him in time!

gingernuts

binlicker
Apr 25, 2018
the southern end of the minyip swamp
AFL Club
Geelong
ah well, if he's paying Whateley 400 grand (as Eddie guessed one day when he had a crack at Hutchy), and Derwayne a similar small fortune, I suppose he wants to cut costs in other areas, such as the news room. I dunno where they get those greenhorns; probably university media faculties, as we've speculated on here
he did cut cost? did not pay the night time staff the correct wage and got pinged by fairwork the fooking a-hole

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I find the attitudes towards Margaret on here quite appalling. Is it her age? if so you are a disgrace and disrespectful.....is it because she's a woman?....if so, again disgraceful and disrespectful..

She obviously loves most sports and can talk more knowledgeably about them when she rings in than the majority of callers I've heard..... she apparently comes from a sporting family, is a widow who listens and watches sport to fill in her days/nights....

....very much the same as my mum who is 89. She watches the races nearly every day, loves the footy, tennis and golf. She can tell you all the relevant details of those sports..it keeps her mind active.

Like Margaret she can hold a good conversation about all those sports....because of those interests it keeps them alive, interested and alert, a purpose to get up, something to look forward too.....instead of just sitting in a chair staring at the walls, feeling lonely and waiting to die..

You guys should be hoping you are as alert as they are when and if you get to their age...

If thats the attitude you show in your day to day life, then no wonder the world is stuffed.

Would love to see you lot in your old age, see how you are faring.....I hope it slaps you a good one.

I enjoy hearing Margaret and so do quite a few others.

I find the attitudes towards Margaret on here quite appalling. Is it her age? if so you are a disgrace and disrespectful.....is it because she's a woman?....if so, again disgraceful and disrespectful..

She obviously loves most sports and can talk more knowledgeably about them when she rings in than the majority of callers I've heard..... she apparently comes from a sporting family, is a widow who listens and watches sport to fill in her days/nights....

....very much the same as my mum who is 89. She watches the races nearly every day, loves the footy, tennis and golf. She can tell you all the relevant details of those sports..it keeps her mind active.

Like Margaret she can hold a good conversation about all those sports....because of those interests it keeps them alive, interested and alert, a purpose to get up, something to look forward too.....instead of just sitting in a chair staring at the walls, feeling lonely and waiting to die..

You guys should be hoping you are as alert as they are when and if you get to their age...

If thats the attitude you show in your day to day life, then no wonder the world is stuffed.

Would love to see you lot in your old age, see how you are faring.....I hope it slaps you a good one.

I enjoy hearing Margaret and so do quite a few others.

What if one of the disapproving posters here is female also?

Maddaz

Debutant
Sep 19, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
She's no different than all the other regulars who call in, some also every day/night..
I’ve never disrespected Margaret, I have however commented a couple of times when she goes off script, i.e when she basically said Serena Williams is too fat to wear such tight playing outfits, or when she mentioned she is not a fan of women’s football and hates seeing the girls fighting.

I agree with Bedford, the concept would work if it wasn’t every bloody week!
It is cringeworthy at times at the moment, like with Hutchy saying “Good morning sweetheart” every bloody time!

I don’t mind how they take her to the Boxing Day Test, but FFS why the hell did we have to hear about it for weeks beforehand, just quietly take her to the bloody cricket!

It has truly just gone a bit over the top in my opinion, that’s all I’m saying.
What started off as a good little segment here and there is now just being force fed down our throats week in week out. I think some people are just getting over it, that’s all.

Back