Radio 1116 SEN 2023 Line-up

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
across the park from commission flats
AFL Club
Richmond
Exactly! ^ It seems as though the SEN newsroom has been run on a 'tight' budget for ever. Speaking of which, who's the new weekend guy with the smooooooth voice and millennial accent? :tongueoutv1: Joe Boaz, or something like that.
Boaz,lol that would be right,the 2 pillars of Freemasonry,Joachim & Boaz...its probably not even his real name,
just them(the station owners) using theyre occultic symbology and rubbing it in our faces :sick: :sick::sick:

May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
She's no different than all the other regulars who call in, some also every day/night..
I don't mind Margaret, as you said she is very sharp for her age, and I hope that I'm traveling that well if I make it to that age!!

I think it's better when she calls in of her choice - and speaks about whatever is on her mind at the time - rather than being interviewed as "talent", where she's required to have a view on everything.

I don’t think other callers get as much air time as Margaret, nowhere near. I don’t think like some other regulars that she’s altogether that knowledgeable, certainly not enough to warrant that much time.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I’ve never disrespected Margaret, I have however commented a couple of times when she goes off script, i.e when she basically said Serena Williams is too fat to wear such tight playing outfits, or when she mentioned she is not a fan of women’s football and hates seeing the girls fighting.

I agree with Bedford, the concept would work if it wasn’t every bloody week!
It is cringeworthy at times at the moment, like with Hutchy saying “Good morning sweetheart” every bloody time!

I don’t mind how they take her to the Boxing Day Test, but FFS why the hell did we have to hear about it for weeks beforehand, just quietly take her to the bloody cricket!

It has truly just gone a bit over the top in my opinion, that’s all I’m saying.
What started off as a good little segment here and there is now just being force fed down our throats week in week out. I think some people are just getting over it, that’s all.

Fair enough and I agree about the "good morning sweetheart" part, it is off putting.....but thats not Margarets fault.

...also agree with Margaret, Serena's backside is way to big in the tight stuff she wears! I also can't get into the AFLW, just doesn't grab me, neither do I like to see them fighting but then again, I don't like to see the men fighting in games either...

I usually come here in peace, but I do get upset when a lovely, cheerful, alert 90yr old is ridiculed and called names.

...end of rant, cheers:)

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Fair enough and I agree about the "good morning sweetheart" part, it is off putting.....but thats not Margarets fault.

...also agree with Margaret, Serena's backside is way to big in the tight stuff she wears! I also can't get into the AFLW, just doesn't grab me, neither do I like to see them fighting but then again, I don't like to see the men fighting in games either...

I usually come here in peace, but I do get upset when a lovely, cheerful, alert 90yr old is ridiculed and called names.

...end of rant, cheers:)
All ive ever called her was Old Mate , i really don't remember anyone abusing her . It's just the whole thing like she's put up as an expert on everything . She's probably a ripper if you met her . I would abuse Trout though

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
I find the attitudes towards Margaret on here quite appalling. Is it her age? if so you are a disgrace and disrespectful.....is it because she's a woman?....if so, again disgraceful and disrespectful..

She obviously loves most sports and can talk more knowledgeably about them when she rings in than the majority of callers I've heard..... she apparently comes from a sporting family, is a widow who listens and watches sport to fill in her days/nights....

....very much the same as my mum who is 89. She watches the races nearly every day, loves the footy, tennis and golf. She can tell you all the relevant details of those sports..it keeps her mind active.

Like Margaret she can hold a good conversation about all those sports....because of those interests it keeps them alive, interested and alert, a purpose to get up, something to look forward too.....instead of just sitting in a chair staring at the walls, feeling lonely and waiting to die..

You guys should be hoping you are as alert as they are when and if you get to their age...

If thats the attitude you show in your day to day life, then no wonder the world is stuffed.

Would love to see you lot in your old age, see how you are faring.....I hope it slaps you a good one.

I enjoy hearing Margaret and so do quite a few others.
Hey Craig how's iso?

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
across the park from commission flats
AFL Club
Richmond
yep,it was a strong and focused interview,straight to the point and not too long,Damien answered all questions and most importantly
gave insights into the pressure of the early minutes of last years GF went things went quite pear shaped on him and the team.
i love listening to Damien when he talks football,hes so measured and whomever took over and started guiding him in harnessing his natural aggression
post 2016 has done a magnificent job,its a credit to all involved :thumbsu:

yep,it was a strong and focused interview,straight to the point and not too long,Damien answered all questions and most importantly
gave insights into the pressure of the early minutes of last years GF went things went quite pear shaped on him and the team.
i love listening to Damien when he talks football,hes so measured and whomever took over and started guiding him in harnessing his natural aggression
That's why he's a winning coach, a 3 time premiership coach

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Regardless of what happened personally , he's a great bloke.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I find the attitudes towards Margaret on here quite appalling. Is it her age? if so you are a disgrace and disrespectful.....is it because she's a woman?....if so, again disgraceful and disrespectful. She obviously loves most sports and can talk more knowledgeably about them when she rings in than the majority of callers I've heard. She apparently comes from a sporting family, is a widow who listens and watches sport to fill in her days/nights; very much the same as my mum who is 89. She watches the races nearly every day, loves the footy, tennis and golf. She can tell you all the relevant details of those sports..it keeps her mind active. Like Margaret she can hold a good conversation about all those sports....because of those interests it keeps them alive, interested and alert, a purpose to get up, something to look forward too.....instead of just sitting in a chair staring at the walls, feeling lonely and waiting to die..
Nah, it's because she's quite ordinary/not particularly interesting, yet somehow has a weekly ~8-minute spot on one of the station's most popular shows, plus other lengthy moments when she calls other programs. You said it yourself: "She's no different than all the other regulars who call in, some also every day/night. " :thumbsu:

She's only on there these days because it gives Hutchy the opportunity to seem like a top bloke with everyone hearing how "nice" he is to her. He obviously thinks it's good for his image.
Someone could argue that Trout From Woodend (or a bunch of other regular callers) should get a similar spot because he's funnier and knows more about sport. What's the difference? The difference is that it's much better PR for Hutchy to seem caring to a sweet old duck.

She was mildly amusing when she first started calling in to shoot her mouth off at Malthouse, et al, but the novelty wore off ages ago. She's a case of small doses being fine, but bigger doses being crap, and no amount of Hutchy's fake laughing at almost every word she utters will make change that :grinv1:

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Nah, it's because she's quite ordinary/not particularly interesting, yet somehow has a weekly ~8-minute spot on one of the station's most popular shows, plus other lengthy moments when she calls other programs. You said it yourself: "She's no different than all the other regulars who call in, some also every day/night. " :thumbsu:

She's only on there these days because it gives Hutchy the opportunity to seem like a top bloke with everyone hearing how "nice" he is to her. He obviously thinks it's good for his image.
Someone could argue that Trout From Woodend (or a bunch of other regular callers) should get a similar spot because he's funnier and knows more about sport. What's the difference? The difference is that it's much better PR for Hutchy to seem caring to a sweet old duck.

She was mildly amusing when she first started calling in to shoot her mouth off at Malthouse, et al, but the novelty wore off ages ago. She's a case of small doses being fine, but bigger doses being crap, and no amount of Hutchy's fake laughing at almost every word she utters will make change that :grinv1:
Trout is not funny

Goroyals22

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
She is totally over blown and over exposed. Every week we hear the 12 months ago rubbish from hutchy with his sickening Good Morning Sweetheart that makes him sound like a predator and then the stupid sing us a song to send us off. Ive long turned off that 10 minutes of the show and really have lost interest that was once top notch listening but is now just tired and boring.

And she is just not any other caller, she has an ad spot and also had an hour special for her birthday along with the other various freebies hutchy throws her way... God help us when she meets her end and the mourning that they will put the listeners through.

She is totally over blown and over exposed. Every week we hear the 12 months ago rubbish from hutchy with his sickening Good Morning Sweetheart that makes him sound like a predator and then the stupid sing us a song to send us off. Ive long turned off that 10 minutes of the show and really have lost interest that was once top notch listening but is now just tired and boring.

And she is just not any other caller, she has an ad spot and also had an hour special for her birthday along with the other various freebies hutchy throws her way... God help us when she meets her end and the mourning that they will put the listeners through.

slip of thy tongue?

Maddaz

Debutant
Sep 19, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton

Haha yeah you are right about the fake laughter!

MauroFogheri

Fill the crucible
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I could find a better term , he blocked me on twitter when i said no one wants to hear you.
Twitter Blockers is one of my favourite subjects. My best footy one was an Adelaide reporter from The OZ who was going on about Port having the SANFL Premierships counted with their AFL one, and I said something like the VFL was a quasi National comp back then as the flow of talent, when it did flow, generally went one way: Rest of Australia → Victoria. He had a drive-by then blocked me, the dope. Francis Leach once blocked as he was live on air!! (all I said there was that he sometimes picked guests for that old legends segment seemingly on their political leanings) 🙄

Collingwood 4 eternity

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ol' mate Damian Watson copped a dodgy caller on the Overnight Show last night after midnight.

Caller said he was on the road and just crossed the SA border, then made a series of totally contradictory points about Eddie McGuire, and then tried to slip in the infamous WHAT'S THE FUNNIEST SMELLING THING IN THE WORLD prank joke to Damian.

No flies on Damian, who managed to dump him in time!

Back