Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Is it just me or does Dwayno not know much about footy. Feels like every time I listen, a caller asks him a question and his response is "I didn't see/hear that, I'll have to watch it before I have an opinion"
I think he watches the games he calls and that's about it. To be fair there are only so many hours in the day and he is working seven days. To be honest I love football but sitting through replays for 90% of games is boring.

Big Bryza

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 11, 2006
MCG
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think he watches the games he calls and that's about it. To be fair there are only so many hours in the day and he is working seven days. To be honest I love football but sitting through replays for 90% of games is boring.
His job is to watch and analyse AFL. He works a 3 hour shift, he has plenty of time to watch replays.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
His job is to watch and analyse AFL. He works a 3 hour shift, he has plenty of time to watch replays.
In radio there is plenty of work either side of that three hours. Plus calling two to three games a week for TV again with the prep means he would have to virtually not sleep from Saturday morning if you wanted him to watch nine games before his Monday show

I am not a Dwayne fan at all but I think people expect too much. I think someone like Kane Cornes is one of few that gets through all the games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CrowdedHouse

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Melbourne (VFL)
GW covering the olympics well
GW is the person you roll out for special events (Olympics, Spring Racing Carnival, etc) and to be a reporter/contributor when major news breaks, not the next "Eddie Everywhere".

Whether they like it or not, some people are better just playing a role than being the star.

It was like Peter Helliar. On Before The Bounce, he played the side-kick role perfectly with the odd joke and a skit. When 7 poached him to host a footy show, it was never going to work. People liked him in small doses, not being the main focus.

TheGreatBarryB

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Texans, Astros, Leeds
Hutchy wants to screw up RSN as well

TheJanuaryMan

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

bedford

Hall of Famer
Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Hutchy wants to screw up RSN as well

Not really sure how it will work. The standed racing coverage doesn't fit on either the SEN or Track brand/ programming. I can't see them dumping the current SEN Track for wall to wall racing every day.

Remove this Banner Ad