Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not into horse racing, and I can take or leave Bruce nowadays. But I enjoyed listening to Gerard and Bruce talk about the Melbourne Cup morning. It was more like eavesdropping than them broadcasting for an hour.
Did you notice workhorse liked your post?

I think athletics and horse racing is when he is at his best. He can be a bit painful when doing AFL but today reminded me just how much of a pro he is.
olympics, aths, horseys. Passionate and pro.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonderful insights by Darren Burgess this morning. Love the way he said crap a lot. Professionalism and knock about larakinism rolled in one.

watson with the obligatory comparison between afl and English premier league clubs. lol everyone knows the sports are difference, henceforth different abilities, body shapes, abilities etc.

Has anyone noticed when someone from overseas or with experience in a foreign sport come on, there's a bit of "have you heard about afl football, please like our sport!!!"?

Was in Melbourne for the past fortnight and listened to SEN whilst in the car and at night (they repeat a lot of shows in the wee hours) and I was gobsmacked by how far it has fallen in quality.

A lot of it was hard to listen to plus some of the shows were cringeworthy (eg. Dangefield and his fishing show).

Hutchy is going to lose everything eventually with this venture.

ive shed at least 26-34 hrs per week of listening time as compared to 24 months ago
6-8 hrs of that since KB abandoned ship
6 hrs per week is a lot for me now,during AFL season that probably doubles with podcasts
why i post on here is because it once was a very very good station station to listen to..and part of u is hoping for a return of some sorts to quality
regardless of who is in the chair,theres some outlier of responsibility to call it as u see it,dont know y and i dont know for how long

Last edited:
I hate Robert Murphy because of the way he hijacked the grand final win and made it all about him and nobody else.
But my hatred has grown larger now that he got to meet Brian Charles Lara, my favorite cricketer ever. Dog.

Perks of being in a job that he doesn't belong in, I guess.

Yes we can. :D The rare occasions I listen to AW these days and he's an instant turn-off. Loath the guy.
How he's lasted so long in his job aw AW is the greatest mystery known to man. He must be related to someone who knows someone who pays the bills. An absolute humourless tool who has never had an original thought or idea in his head.

And that voice that spews out one cliche after another. He is easily the hardest person to listen to in the history of Australian radio. He's studied and modelled himself on Troy McClure without ever getting the joke.
What's even more mystifying is how others can work with him. His only saving grace is his mug - something TV networks would never go near, so we've been saved from that at least.
Ha ha. I couldn't agree more (not surprisingly :p ). I first read this post the other night when I was half asleep, and thought for a moment that I wrote it myself. :D

I can't put into words how crap I reckon he is. Honest to 'god', the first time I heard him on 3aw, I think when he was doing a sport update on Dennis Walter's show, I truly thought he was a comedian doing a bad impersonation of Dennis Cometti. He was trying so hard, he was putting so many warbling inflections in his voice that I thought he was mucking around.

And his "sincere" voice is worst than Neil Mitchell's.

Last edited:
what he say
as it is margaret wont bow down to pressure to acknowledge and accept the LBGT agenda to influence womens tennis and the possibility(but its already happened) that transgendered males to females allowed to qualify in womens tennis in the future...Tim said she should bow down so she gets invited to the 50th anniverssay of something...her winning i think the last of grand slam
anyway Gary steps up (LGBT have hijacked her beliefs and its time for her to get the acknowledgement she deserves on her record...n to hell with those who want to change her views...she was before LGBT....shes the legend...get her there regardless and honor her...so Gary well done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back