Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Me - Hi Dwayne, it's me again. I was at Phillip Island a couple of weeks ago, and Marcos Ambrose was there acting as a crew chief for his mate in the Trans-Ams. Personally, I think it'd be good if he was racing in the series instead of being a crew chief. Even if he's not as good as he was when he was younger, it'd be good for the fans to see him race.

Dwayne - I interviewed Marcos Ambrose one time. He goes for the mighty Tiges. Next caller...

Really enjoyed it. Interesting talking to a prominent person from a club yesterday who said when interviewed by Gerard felt very comfortable and really liked him , but around the same time was interviewed by Deewayne and he said he was all over the place and had NFI

Gerard is an excellent interviewer. Actually puts time investigating and researching his guest. Makes them feel welcome.

derwayne i feel also can be personable with his guests, asks succinct questions but yeah, goes from A - Z

Sad thing is totally could have believed that happening.

exactly.

Me - Hi Dwayne, it's me again. I was at Phillip Island a couple of weeks ago, and Marcos Ambrose was there acting as a crew chief for his mate in the Trans-Ams. Personally, I think it'd be good if he was racing in the series instead of being a crew chief. Even if he's not as good as he was when he was younger, it'd be good for the fans to see him race.

Dwayne - I interviewed Marcos Ambrose one time. He goes for the mighty Tiges. Next caller...

Dwayne - I interviewed Marcos Ambrose one time. He's a good young kid** who's got a lot of potential at essendon. *

* he's thinking about patrick ambrose
** patrick ambrose is 29

Kane Cornes reckons Chris Scott showed restraint when he went across to Lachie Neale in the break....
So if he didn't show restraint he would have done what...

Have a look at the video, Lachie Neale is nowhere near Scott. In fact I couldn't even see him.

Chris Scott needs to pull his head in and be a bit more professional, he had no right to go over to the players..... he's just a whinging hothead.

I actually don't mind Kane Cornes but I disagree with him on this.

Chris from Camberwell the long suffering Melbourne supporter

Good afternoon Dwayne I want you to find out you would know some people that could give you the answer as to why player x isnt getting a game the membership and I am a long time Melbourne Football Club member are very upset as to why this is why don’t they pick him is he injured they don’t seem to train enough or they train too much why does this keep happening Dwayne can you find the answer for me please I know a lot of people that are very interested to find out player x is also in the 2nds there is a lot of expectation on him when he will get a go ther seems to be a correlation between when we play and when we win and when we loose we should play more night matches but also we need to play more day matches along with some more twilight matches we seem to play very well at docklands I call it docklands I think the AFL should give us more games there we play well there and not so many at the MCG we can play more matches at the mcg when we win more there than we lose do you know whythat is Dwayne can you find out the answer for me Dwayne I know a lot of the membership are very unhappy that we cannot find out the answer one of them suggested that you would know or that you would know someone that would know someone who would know or know them that they knew another someone that lived closer to someone who knows because the Melbourne Football Club membership are very upset and I thought that you would know the answer DwayneGood afternoon Dwayne I want you to find out you would know some people that could give you the answer as to why player x isnt getting a game the membership and I am a long time Melbourne Football Club member are very upset as to why this is why don’t they pick him is he injured they don’t seem to train enough or they train too much why does this keep happening Dwayne can you find the answer for me please I know a lot of people that are very interested to find out player x is also in the 2nds there is a lot of expectation on him when he will get a go ther seems to be a correlation between when we play and when we win and when we loose we should play more night matches but also we need to play more day matches along with some more twilight matches we seem to play very well at docklands I call it docklands I think the AFL should give us more games there we play well there and not so many at the MCG we can play more matches at the mcg when we win more there than we lose do you know whythat is Dwayne can you find out the answer for me Dwayne I know a lot of the membership are very unhappy that we cannot find out the answer one of them suggested that you would know or that you would know someone that would know someone who would know or know them that they knew another someone that lived closer to someone who knows because the Melbourne Football Club membership are very upset and I thought that you would know the answer Dwayne

:think:

How bad is April Austen at reading the news? So unnatural. I change station as soon as she comes on. She sounds like her tongue is too big for her mouth. Absolutely awful. Whoever thought it was a good idea to hire her has rocks in their head.

How bad is April Austen at reading the news? So unnatural. I change station as soon as she comes on. She sounds like her tongue is too big for her mouth. Absolutely awful. Whoever thought it was a good idea to hire her has rocks in their head.

Geez why are people so upset with her news reading ?

Maybe they are using different microphones in the news room than the studio

(Log in to remove this ad.)

surely chris from camberwell is a plant??? ,hes been the same for years,on the payroll ?
He bobs up anywhere that does talkback, I've heard him on 3AW more than a few times. Always a must listen as soon as the host says "we've got Chris from Camberwell on the line" -- even better if the host is new and doesn't know what they're in for.

I think Finey's Final Siren is lionised because it was the last show still doing footy talkback. I don't think it matters which station does it, I just want it back.

With that said though, it's ridiculous that a sports station won't pay a presenter to do talkback between 11pm - midnight on a Friday night. It's such easy, cheap content.
While I agree with your first point to an extent, Finey did become very good at hosting it. Had a good feel for when to let callers go, when to pull them up, etc.

Chris from Camberwell the long suffering Melbourne supporter

Good afternoon Dwayne I want you to find out you would know some people that could give you the answer as to why player x isnt getting a game the membership and I am a long time Melbourne Football Club member are very upset as to why this is why don’t they pick him is he injured they don’t seem to train enough or they train too much why does this keep happening Dwayne can you find the answer for me please I know a lot of people that are very interested to find out player x is also in the 2nds there is a lot of expectation on him when he will get a go ther seems to be a correlation between when we play and when we win and when we loose we should play more night matches but also we need to play more day matches along with some more twilight matches we seem to play very well at docklands I call it docklands I think the AFL should give us more games there we play well there and not so many at the MCG we can play more matches at the mcg when we win more there than we lose do you know whythat is Dwayne can you find out the answer for me Dwayne I know a lot of the membership are very unhappy that we cannot find out the answer one of them suggested that you would know or that you would know someone that would know someone who would know or know them that they knew another someone that lived closer to someone who knows because the Melbourne Football Club membership are very upset and I thought that you would know the answer DwayneGood afternoon Dwayne I want you to find out you would know some people that could give you the answer as to why player x isnt getting a game the membership and I am a long time Melbourne Football Club member are very upset as to why this is why don’t they pick him is he injured they don’t seem to train enough or they train too much why does this keep happening Dwayne can you find the answer for me please I know a lot of people that are very interested to find out player x is also in the 2nds there is a lot of expectation on him when he will get a go ther seems to be a correlation between when we play and when we win and when we loose we should play more night matches but also we need to play more day matches along with some more twilight matches we seem to play very well at docklands I call it docklands I think the AFL should give us more games there we play well there and not so many at the MCG we can play more matches at the mcg when we win more there than we lose do you know whythat is Dwayne can you find out the answer for me Dwayne I know a lot of the membership are very unhappy that we cannot find out the answer one of them suggested that you would know or that you would know someone that would know someone who would know or know them that they knew another someone that lived closer to someone who knows because the Melbourne Football Club membership are very upset and I thought that you would know the answer Dwayne

:think:
Loved when he would call in when OX was on .... you could hear OX thinking ' gee not again '

Would always throw 6-7 random fringe players in the ressies who should be getting a game in the seniors .

Then his 1 wood , been a member and parts of coitiree groups who have pumped $$$ into the club for years. He and his friends definitely wont be involved next season ( insert any year ) unless things change.

What a classic 🙂

I've said before that I wouldn't be surprised if they do it for far'k-all, just to get the experience and a credit on their Linkedin resume.

Last edited:
You’re probably right but stuff her resume. She’s excruciatingly painful to listen to and she’s going nowhere in radio with a voice like that.
You'd be suprised

shane mccinness has a job

Loved when he would call in when OX was on .... you could hear OX thinking ' gee not again '

Would always throw 6-7 random fringe players in the ressies who should be getting a game in the seniors .

Then his 1 wood , been a member and parts of coitiree groups who have pumped $$$ into the club for years. He and his friends definitely wont be involved next season ( insert any year ) unless things change.

What a classic 🙂
you are battling against yourself.. stop trying so hard...

Over the last two days I've listened to Dwaynes whole show. * it was hard. But better than AW during those hours.

Anyway, I'm genuinely amazed at how often he cuts off people and interrupts them. Even worse he does it to his guests. If you're going to cut everyone off and interrupt them because of time constraints and people holding. Don't promise this midday madness s**t. What a flop

Remove this Banner Ad

Back