Radio 1116 SEN 2023 Line-up

Collingwood 4 eternity

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Does the groceries on a sunday at my local woolies. no homebrand there.

Welcome to Woolies Toorak on this glorious Friday morning, as we witness the long awaited arrival of Gerard on his weekly shop , and he scores early with a beautiful park between the big sticks in the car park.

He makes his way to the trolley bay , oh no there are only two left , and Royston and Lillian are closing in fast.

Lillian bustles Gerard aside and grabs one trolley and it looks like Gerard has the last one and it’s got a wonky wheel, Royston looks like he’ll have to settle for the basket.

He makes his way into the store , the deli has a large pack already there , and they call out the next number to be served it’s 44 , he looks at his number it 89 , is it time to pull out the spare roll of deli ticket numbers from his pocket ? , oh he does he goes for 51 , and 51 is called out from behind the counter , bingo Gerard yells out drowning out the other holder of the 51 number , a masterful tactical advantage has saved Gerard at least 20 minutes.

On to the fresh produce plenty of apples for Black Caviar and oranges , bananas and grapes for the kids lunches , special buys and 3 for 1s taken full advantage of.

The rest of the shop goes on rather uneventfully until we reach the checkout , and checkout chick Lisa finishes the transaction of Gerards shopping he goes to reach for his wallet , which card will he use , the American Express gold card , The Sen all expenses paid for card ? the suspense ..... , oh no he’s left his wallet at home this is unbelievable time freezes what will he do now ........ ,he won’t , he can’t , he shouldn’t ..... will heeeee ........ oh he does.

He gone for it and pulled it out the “Don’t you know who I am” card , Gerard exclaimed in exasperated defeat

The whole shop goes silent , this will undoubtedly become one of those “where we’re you when” moments

RAPPA

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Im more surprised he does his own groceries. Thought the butler would be sent down in the Bentley for that.

gerard getting stopped at the lights

3873FF63-DC8B-4E1F-AC91-C24B7C95D122.gif

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Dont mind it , made it an easy decision nit to tune in when I heard he was on .

I was going to enjoy some Virginia Trioli this week, but she's on bloody leave as well!

Crazy the ratings breaks we have during the year. I've never quite understood that - there's still ad space, people are still listening, and those listener numbers are still critical to advertising.

Agenda 21

Club Legend
Mar 9, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Welcome to Woolies Toorak on this glorious Friday morning, as we witness the long awaited arrival of Gerard on his weekly shop , and he scores early with a beautiful park between the big sticks in the car park.

He makes his way to the trolley bay , oh no there are only two left , and Royston and Lillian are closing in fast.

Lillian bustles Gerard aside and grabs one trolley and it looks like Gerard has the last one and it’s got a wonky wheel, Royston looks like he’ll have to settle for the basket.

He makes his way into the store , the deli has a large pack already there , and they call out the next number to be served it’s 44 , he looks at his number it 89 , is it time to pull out the spare roll of deli ticket numbers from his pocket ? , oh he does he goes for 51 , and 51 is called out from behind the counter , bingo Gerard yells out drowning out the other holder of the 51 number , a masterful tactical advantage has saved Gerard at least 20 minutes.

On to the fresh produce plenty of apples for Black Caviar and oranges , bananas and grapes for the kids lunches , special buys and 3 for 1s taken full advantage of.

The rest of the shop goes on rather uneventfully until we reach the checkout , and checkout chick Lisa finishes the transaction of Gerards shopping he goes to reach for his wallet , which card will he use , the American Express gold card , The Sen all expenses paid for card ? the suspense ..... , oh no he’s left his wallet at home this is unbelievable time freezes what will he do now ........ ,he won’t , he can’t , he shouldn’t ..... will heeeee ........ oh he does.

He gone for it and pulled it out the “Don’t you know who I am” card , Gerard exclaimed in exasperated defeat

The whole shop goes silent , this will undoubtedly become one of those “where we’re you when” moments

POTY material.

Enjoyed Ian baker finch segment. Only problem was was that it only went for a few minutes. Just before 7. Deserves more time.

I’ve noticed with interest that just before the 7 news Garry always says footy hour. Isn’t the whole show essentially footy talk?

Jan 11, 2009
melb
AFL Club
Essendon
Enjoyed Ian baker finch segment. Only problem was was that it only went for a few minutes. Just before 7. Deserves more time.

I’ve noticed with interest that just before the 7 news Garry always says footy hour. Isn’t the whole show essentially footy talk?
Have noticed first hour hasnt much footy, first 20 mins is gaz and tim hanging shite on each other, the quiz takes up 10 mins and usually interview somebody in the last 10.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
My god, the drive home show with Andy Maher and Bob Murphy is an abomination of ridiculous, unlistenable tripe....

Only a few times have I listened to bits of it and haven't been impressed, but today thought I'd give it a proper go so I left the radio on at 3pm.....it was off by 3.30pm. Talking over each other, false laughing etc. Couldn't listen anymore.

Collingwood 4 eternity

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
My god, the drive home show with Andy Maher and Bob Murphy is an abomination of ridiculous, unlistenable tripe....

Only a few times have I listened to bits of it and haven't been impressed, but today thought I'd give it a proper go so I left the radio on at 3pm.....it was off by 3.30pm. Talking over each other, false laughing etc. Couldn't listen anymore.

Bob always goes for the second and then third sometimes a fourth follow up question , and it overrides Andy’s attempt at a question which is when he gives his laugh , same thing happens on the front bar when Mick and Sam over talk him

So Gil McAdam is back on the Yokayi Footy show on NITV/SBS , but he’s non on Sen ?????

Thought Sen and the woke afternoon lefties were all about forgiveness , and giving second chances ?????

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville

Reckon he rolls with the gold coin or the plastic coin?

May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Hutchy is 6"3" according to the world's longest-ever article on him.

There's a free Bertocchi ham to anyone who reads the entire piece.

Back