Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

I have said it before and I sound like Hutchy but the app and Podcasts are the way to go. Not many adds either. With so many shows there is a fair amount of content.

It would be good if there was a way in the app where you could search by content. Sometimes there might be a good ten minute segment on Cricket in the SENWA breakfast show but you kind of have to go looking for it by the show name.

Last edited:
I spend a lot of time in Bigfooty bagging people but I really love Justin Leppitsch.

A joy to listen to.

No cliches. No blokey BS.

Just a really thoughtful bloke who seriously knows his footy.

Very impressive.
He is great should be on more than failures like King

I spend a lot of time on Bigfooty bagging people but I really love Justin Leppitsch.

A joy to listen to.

No cliches. No blokey BS. No self promotion.

Just a really thoughtful bloke who seriously knows his footy.

Very impressive.
Spot on. Post of the thread. A valuable part of Richmonds dynasty

Garry vs robbo!!! garry very concise in his summation of depression and mental health vs Robbo.

Does the media have a role to play in player/coaches mental health?

Dr Slobbomund Fraud as well as being the leading psychoanalyst of his age is our primo sports journo and a remarkable innovator with the English language.

Good on Lyon for always fronting up to his errors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly believe that no one is more sensitive than AFL players, coaches and media.

They take valid criticism of their performances so personally and get offended at the drop of a hat.

They often say things like there is so much pressure and scrutiny on us compared to being an accountant (an example they like to use).

I've worked as an accountant and they'd had no idea of the pressure you can be put under with multiple tight deadlines.

It just goes so show that none of them have ever really had to work in the real world so they have no idea the position of privilege they are in.

Heck, even when I was at uni being a bartender on a busy Saturday night is high pressure, dealing with drunks coming up to the bar and having to cut them off, trying to diffuse fights etc.

Dr Slobbomund Fraud as well as being the leading psychoanalyst of his age is our primo sports journo and a remarkable innovator with the English language.

Good on Lyon for always fronting up to his errors.

Absolutely. He's owned up to a lot of his behaviours in recent years - and openly admits he was racist during his playing days but would never go down that path again.

I honestly believe that no one is more sensitive than AFL players, coaches and media.

They take valid criticism of their performances so personally and get offended at the drop of a hat.

They often say things like there is so much pressure and scrutiny on us compared to being an accountant (an example they like to use).

I've worked as an accountant and they'd had no idea of the pressure you can be put under with multiple tight deadlines.

It just goes so show that none of them have ever really had to work in the real world so they have no idea the position of privilege they are in.

Heck, even when I was at uni being a bartender on a busy Saturday night is high pressure, dealing with drunks coming up to the bar and having to cut them off, trying to diffuse fights etc.
I appreciate your point of view, and agree with your thoughts. If I may offer a slightly off tracj thought.....it may all be relative. For example, as a professional you were met with multiple deadlines, and i imagine that impacts not only your business but others too (assumptions). So the effect is wide.

Perhaps footy players/coaches experience the same level of stress in terms, relatively. perhaps.

I have a theory as well. If you look at footy/AFL its generally one game a week, there's no mid week games or other games to take away attention and idle chit chat. the media have to talk about something, and down the rabbit hole we go.

Quite right - even the old "stacking shelves" put down ive heard is arrogant - stacking shelves can be hard, hazardous and time sensitive work!

Garry vs robbo!!! garry very concise in his summation of depression and mental health vs Robbo.

Does the media have a role to play in player/coaches mental health?
It was unbelievable , those that don't like Lyon won't care , but he was honest and spot on . Robbo is a joke , puts himself above the game the fat pig.

preferred the ones last year with K***y & Bloca Roach,the stories,absolute entertainment and a look into the personalities
of ex NRL players and legends

Yeah a few of them where good too.

-

Garry going bang on Robbo today, loved that. Say whatever you want about Gaz but he always puts his hand up and says he ****ed up. Admitting you used to be a racist on the footy field on national radio is a good example of that. Robbo really shouldn't be in the job he is, legit a bully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back