Radio 1116 SEN 2023 Line-up

Adam White on RSN is a gun.

He and Harf are easily the best brekky combo

Not in the same league as Watson and Lyon

Please

Not even close

Watson and Lyon have zero broader sport knowledge

How would you know you listen to RSN !

I listen to both oscillating and undulating between the two. Harf and White certainly have a broader knowledge. White especially is very good. Key to broadcasting is if you dont know the subject matter at least research or engage the audience.

lyon and watson have chemistry but can feel the tension when its not afl related, and the urgency to change topic back to afl.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
I listen to both oscillating and undulating between the two. Harf and White certainly have a broader knowledge. White especially is very good. Key to broadcasting is if you dont know the subject matter at least research or engage the audience.

lyon and watson have chemistry but can feel the tension when its not afl related, and the urgency to change topic back to afl.
[/QUO
Each to our own , i like Harf and White , but refer SEN . Like at 6pm i just switch to Sportday , so much better than Hargraves , but everyone is

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Bob and Andy - yes, I know it's off-season, but my god, surely ratings must be plunging given their recent desperate irrelevant waffle - bye bye boys, until next season...

I mean; which players names sound like horses/cars/dogs etc. or if you had to choose toilet paper or toothpaste, which couldn't you live without..?
FFS, what Woman's Day/New Idea articles inspire these ludicrous discussions...

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It is just waffle they go on with....and Andy is very good at waffling as we know, but he takes it to another level lately.

It really is just nonsense stuff..
"Ewes blokes"

Attachments

• images (6).jpeg
    images (6).jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 37

gonzothekid

Debutant
Jul 22, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Bob and Andy - yes, I know it's off-season, but my god, surely ratings must be plunging given their recent desperate irrelevant waffle - bye bye boys, until next season...

I mean; which players names sound like horses/cars/dogs etc. or if you had to choose toilet paper or toothpaste, which couldn't you live without..?
FFS, what Woman's Day/New Idea articles inspire these ludicrous discussions...

My goodness… they’ve channeled their inner Deewayne

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
My goodness… they’ve channeled their inner Deewayne

Of course if anyone calls in to complain or suggest B&A stick with sport related discussion, they rigorously defend their nonsense by reminding listeners that SEN stands for Sports 'Entertainment' Network...
OK, that's fine, but 20 mins talking about why 'can't you have your cake and eat it too..' - is that really 'entertainment'...?

Same if you challenge their speculative rumours/claims about coaches or players, which often turns out to be total BS - and they respond, as most media presenters do, by hiding behind the old 'is just opinion' excuse...

Most of this is sadly/simply content creation nonsense/waffle to fill air time, between product placement/commercial advertising...

Last edited:

gonzothekid

Debutant
Jul 22, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Of course if anyone calls in to complain or suggest B&A stick with sport related discussion, they defend their nonsense by reminding listeners that SEN stands for Sports 'Entertainment' Network...
OK, that's fine, but 20 mins talking about why 'can't you have your cake and eat it too..' - is that really entertainment...?

Same if you challenge their speculative rumours/claims about coaches or players and they respond, as most media presenters do, by hiding behind the old 'is just opinion' excuse...

Most of this is simply content creation nonsense/waffle to fill air time between product placement/commercial advertising...

Not that I’ve had much opportunity to listen to them but reading other people’s comments about them doesn’t surprise me one iota.

After Garry and Tim in the morning who know little else but AFL, Whateley who loves people kissing his, well, you know, DeeWayne with his Midday Madness with some question and highlights of earlier interviews which really is lazy radio..

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Hargraves is a f wit

Sam Hargraves maybe different off air - but he does portray polite insincerity by going out of his way to promote opinions, quote; "we would love to hear from you" - but if he gets an opinion he doesn't like and/or it sounds non-PC, he suddenly launches into an opposing view..?

A bloke called in the other night and simply said; "Look, I've tried and while I see some improvement, I struggle to find women's footy at all entertaining, but I think..."
Sam cuts him off and reacts accusing this poor bastard of being; sexist, misogynistic, disparaging and then spends the next few minutes providing an overview of the AFLW, it's history, achievements, community support etc.
Understandably the caller just hung-up, for one thing he was not even given the courtesy of completing his comment/opinion.

Sam, show some maturity/respect mate, at least allow your audience to complete their comment and/or simply agree to disagree - next caller...

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Sam Hargraves may be different off air - but he does portray polite insincerity by going out of way to promote opinions, quote; "we would love from you" - but if he gets an opinion he doesn't like and/or it sounds non-PC, he suddenly launches into an opposing view..?

A bloke called in the other night and simply said; "Look, I've tried and while I see some improvement, I struggle to find women's footy at all entertaining, but I think..."
Sam cuts him off and reacts accusing this poor bastard of being; sexist, misogynistic, disparaging and then spends the next few minutes providing an overview of the AFLW, it's history, achievements, community support etc.
Understandably the caller just hung-up, for one thing he was not even given the courtesy of completing his comment/opinion.

Sam, show some maturity mate, at least allow your audience to complete their comment and/or simply agree to disagree - next caller...
He keeps reacting to text messages , just can't handle anything . Turned off when he had Matt Rendell on , the bloke has had more AFL clubs than Derek Kickett.

MauroFogheri

Fill the crucible
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Overnights has changed, last night was evidence of that. Paul Heath talking and talking and talking, without taking a breath, without taking a single talkback call in the two-odd hours I had it on. And the sound quality, coming from WA as he does, is really off, like a pre-record. I remember when AW tried a networked, news-heavy Overnights format; it tanked and within about 18 months they reverted back to the old State-based shows, with their odd-ball characters, American Truck driver-callers and all that :huh:

Back