Radio 1116 SEN 2023 Line-up

softtiger9

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Perhaps but there is a bit of a tradition of Americans ringing late-night radio. I remember Nightlife on ABC had an American bloke phone in nearly every night. Apparently he was disabled, and was always whinging about the US health care system, despite the fact that half the time he had a carer there, who used to say hello to Delroy from the background. (One day when playing the quiz he was being bathed, so we had this ridiculous situation of a mid-western American having his balls washed playing a radio quiz on the other side of the world :huh: )
Oh the wasted on-air topic potential!,we say stiffy over here,you say boner,Janice has just texted in,she uses the term half a mongrel

breakky show a bit meh at the moment. tim and garry's lack of non afl knowledge is starting to shine through. actually this morning they werent able to provide in depth a question relating to an eagles deslisted player as they dont watch eagles games lol.

haha

anyway today mostly afl, and theres not much afl so yeah.

yesterday was good. Oz grand prix Andrew westacott was good, as was gazey talking about josh giddy. that was funny cause gazey couldnt hear them hahaha pissa.

todays alternative is rsn which is mostly horseys, which is fine cause the spring carnival is on.

t20 world cup starts in 5 days for us, nothing much on brekky?

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The way SEN ignore the world game really annoys me and it’s not even my number one sport, but there are so many good news stories happening at the moment and they rarely even touch it, especially when live matches are literally happening when they are on air.

The way SEN ignore the world game really annoys me and it’s not even my number one sport, but there are so many good news stories happening at the moment and they rarely even touch it, especially when live matches are literally happening when they are on air.
i think the breakfast team give some live scores, but of course no analysis as such. Do we expect it, like espn and overseas sports stations do in providing wide knowledge of sports? Perhaps we should, but the status quo is accepted so if youre sen, why ask hosts to improve their knowledge base? i mean, watson and lyon arent even across all things footy. scant regard for aflW, VFL.

another argument is if more time is dedicated to non afl, then ratings will drop. Perhaps, but the ratings arent great to begin with?

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
i think the breakfast team give some live scores, but of course no analysis as such. Do we expect it, like espn and overseas sports stations do in providing wide knowledge of sports? Perhaps we should, but the status quo is accepted so if youre sen, why ask hosts to improve their knowledge base? i mean, watson and lyon arent even across all things footy. scant regard for aflW, VFL.

another argument is if more time is dedicated to non afl, then ratings will drop. Perhaps, but the ratings arent great to begin with?

I think you'll find it's more to do with keeping costs down as most decent overseas presenters/journalists covering soccer etc. charge fees for their air time, which Hutchy simply isn't prepared to pay...

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
I heard someone on with GW , don't need too much

May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
I heard someone on with GW , don't need too much

I heard that, it's the English bloke that Stan Sports has imported out here to present its football coverage. He's not bad, had some good one-liners.

Andy Maher (solo) would be the best slot to concentrate the round-ball coverage, at least he has an interest/some knowledge of what's going on in the sport. Amongst the others, this is how I'd rate their interest & knowledge: Garry & Tim - 1/10, Whateley 4/10, Dwayne 2/10, Hargraves 2/10.

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Heard a news bulletin on SEN yesterday with three sponsorship mentions in the read. Poor April Adams, having to read ads for Hutchy.

You mean the Harvey Norman news bulletin, the Pointsbet overseas update and the Hungry Jacks traffic report..?

Just a clever/evasive way to plug sponsors and not breach the 15min/hr commercial advertising limit, although I doubt the regulator monitors it that much...

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
You mean the Harvey Norman news bulletin, the Pointsbet overseas update or the Hungry Jacks traffic report?

Just a clever/evasive way not to breach the 15min/hr commercial advertising limit, although I doubt the regulator monitors it that much.
Well i buy the Harvey Norman rag every morning for the form guide after this turd ripped off the country with jobkeeper

Collingwood 4 eternity

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Who is Shane?

The Pipe

He mentioned this afternoon to kingy that he cops a bagging from his daughter , as she doesn’t listen to Sen , he said she told him that they play other stations in the place his daughter works , but that she conceded that Sen gets played in the loo , as a deterrent for staff not to linger to long in the toilet. :toilet::toilet:

Back