Radio 1116 SEN 2023 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

gonzothekid

Debutant
Jul 22, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
dwayne talking about the stand rule, quarter lengths. slow news day?

Honestly surprised at this point Dwayne didn’t lead in with ‘Which player at your club would be most likely to do a Tim Paine? And to all North supporters, please don’t call/text saying Wayne Carey… don’t forget the Midday Madness promise, but let me waffle on because shockingly no one is calling in’

Jan 11, 2009
melb
AFL Club
Essendon
Radio that is driven by "call-in" is lazy radio. Means the producers and presenters do have to work too hard to come up with decent material. Just rely on the nuffies calling in to talk about whatever they want to fill the timeslot.
Thats midday madness summed up right there.. lazy radio..

May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
He’s a peanut. Always has been. Hutchie has some poor broadcasters on his payroll.

Are you referring to Tim Gossage? I've always been 50-50 on him, which is probably above-average for SEN these days!

Find him to be okay "in small doses". Has a really shrieky voice which I can't listen to at length. Has a reasonable breadth of sports coverage, albeit tilted towards WA too much for SEN 1116 audiences. Likes to portray himself as laid-back and unflappable, but I've always thought he is easily triggered/baited, and is ultra-defensive about ratings numbers and audience numbers etc.

Collingwood 4 eternity

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think he's been married about three times :oops:

The sausage must be good ……..

images

Collingwood 4 eternity

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maher , Jenkins & Danger talking about Georgia Patrikios not getting the vax , they all can’t get their head around her decision, Jenkins saying we all just had lunch together before the show , she as not being vaxxed can’t do that.

Nek minute, next sentence they reporting Michael Voss won’t be in attendance at this evenings draft as he is a close contact , add break , phwaaa then big news Brian Cook has todo 14 days as he is also a close contact

But but but all the AFL workers are vaxxed

After earlier reporting that Nth Coach David Noble and one of his team won’t be at the draft because they are close contacts

Great interview! Sam showing his versatility.

Last edited:
May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Josh Jenkins has been okay this week - good knowledge of 'other' sports and a decent radio voice.

Probably the best out of all the "try-outs", maybe because he's a new voice and a younger one at that.

Collingwood 4 eternity

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
My Sen radio just asked for a pay rise , dam cheeky thing.

I said buddy you should have asked for the pay rise when I had you were working 7 days a week , and as you now work only 5 days on a reduced roster , I now going to do my part for climate change and not supplying you with power after 5:55pm on the Friday night , you can come back on sometime on Monday , so no pay rise for you.

Sen track weekend crap saves you power

Crashy

Cancelled
Dec 31, 2018
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Adelaide Strikers
Josh Jenkins has been okay this week - good knowledge of 'other' sports and a decent radio voice.

Probably the best out of all the "try-outs", maybe because he's a new voice and a younger one at that.

So that is who it was!
Was listening this afternoon, recognised the voice just could work out who it was

He wasn't bad, he did a fair bit of radio stuff before the Crows booted him out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood

I think he will be okay. He has said he wants to do media but not AFL. Would rather overseas sport or racing.

MauroFogheri

Fill the crucible
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
The Overnights schedule became more clearer last night when Damo said "This is Damian Watson filling in for Phil Prior" (Then he copped a driveby from the repellant Dan Lonergan following a comment on Ash Wednesday "You weren't alive then, you have only read that..." :rolleyes:

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
The Overnights schedule became more clearer last night when Damo said "This is Damian Watson filling in for Phil Prior" (Then he copped a driveby from the repellant Dan Lonergan following a comment on Ash Wednesday "You weren't alive then, you have only read that..." :rolleyes:
What was Lonergan doing

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It doesn’t matter who the Goodyear Blimp-Hutchinson puts on after midnight he don’t care what the public thinks.
Mind you when Parkin,Cooney and Jack Ricther was on it was interesting good Radio and speaking of Jack Ricther I hear his doing a good standerd of Community Radio on Tuesday’s on a station in the Eastern Suburbs.

Collingwood 4 eternity

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
It doesn’t matter who the Goodyear Blimp-Hutchinson puts on after midnight he don’t care what the public thinks.
Mind you when Parkin,Cooney and Jack Ricther was on it was interesting good Radio and speaking of Jack Ricther I hear his doing a good standerd of Community Radio on Tuesday’s on a station in the Eastern Suburbs.

Richter would be happy this year as a Dees supporter after 57 years

Who knows how long for the Saints to win a flag for Cooney & Parkin to see after 55 years

Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
I've always thought he is easily triggered/baited, and is ultra-defensive about ratings numbers and audience numbers etc.
That’s true. And never loses an argument because he just talks louder and louder until he’s screaming. The other person generally gives up rather than sink to his pathetic level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back