Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Did I miss the announcement of who is replacing Bob Murphy?

The recruiting committee that has been set up has found that prospective applicants are concerned about their CV being tarnished , if they were to take the jab um I mean job

Reports are that Dan Andrew’s is going to mandate someone to take the position as Andy’s offsider

That and also they are worried that they don’t have an arsenal of talkback starters like , players that play Tuesday darts at Wonthaggi rsl , or which way do sussefull sports persons tie their shoe laces , or is going to sleep with one AirPod in helping to listen to the races from Dubai

Shoot me if you like, but it wouldn't bother me if Gaze replaced Murphy. :grinv1::thumbsu: If Hutch-Blob reached into his pockets a bit more, they could have more regular "experts" to talk about footy and other sports

1st January 2018 “the new future Sen is here …….. Proud to announce KB & The Doc as your new drive line up …… scrub that ….. mid July 2019 “the new new future of Sen is here Proud to announce Andy will be joined by Bob Murphy and his guitar” …… scrub that ….. 2022 Andy and Gazey everything old Sen is new again …. Would you like some SPAM or SPAM or some SPAM

images

Actually liking Josh Jenkins , but today had to turn off as his off sider today was Hargraves . What about their basketball promotion with that goose screaming , he must be so cheap .
Jenkins is a keeper.

To me, Adam Collins is one of those people who is very good at his job, but unlikeable because of it (too confident). It's a rare sub-set

He is a pretty smooth presenter. I think he was a political grifter of some sort before getting in to cricket. Much more likeable than his mate Geoff Lemon imo.

They still haven't announced Bob's replacement? Ah well. If it's any consolation the ads will continue at their usual rate.

Has it been confirmed that Sportsday is moving across to SEN in 2022? Gives them something to plan around in the afternoon. I'd prefer Jenkins over Gaze.

They played Sen Track Wednesday afternoon, obviously didn’t plan that the test would finish early, still could have done something other than Sen track

probs the same for Thursday a noon also

Got in the car yesterday around 5:30 in the afternoon, sen was left on from the previous day.

Listened to two blokes barrack for their bets and their quaddies on live radio, on their main station and then mentioned how much they had won.

I can't believe this s**t is legal with all the ads promoting responsible gambling etc, we know sen wouldn't last without gambling advertising, how much gambling is too much on mainstream radio?

How can you promote responsible gambling and then dish a show out celebrating their winnings? I mean * me, where's the integrity?

Some bloke sitting in his car probably done his absolute balls probably heard that and felt real good about himself. Some bloke who is a recovering addict probably heard that and might have thought, let's have a crack, how hard can it be?

Got in the car yesterday around 5:30 in the afternoon, sen was left on from the previous day.

Listened to two blokes barrack for their bets and their quaddies on live radio, on their main station and then mentioned how much they had won.

I can't believe this sh*t is legal with all the ads promoting responsible gambling etc, we know sen wouldn't last without gambling advertising, how much gambling is too much on mainstream radio?

How can you promote responsible gambling and then dish a show out celebrating their winnings? I mean fu** me, where's the integrity?

Some bloke sitting in his car probably done his absolute balls probably heard that and felt real good about himself. Some bloke who is a recovering addict probably heard that and might have thought, let's have a crack, how hard can it be?
Gotta agree. I love a punt but the over saturation of gambling promotion on every platform is getting out of hand. I guess morals go out the window when money is involved as always.

They still haven't announced Bob's replacement? Ah well. If it's any consolation the ads will continue at their usual rate.
No word of a lie, one day around June this year, around 7:45 am, peak traffic etc, gaz and Tim went to a break at 7:50, didn't hear back from them until 8:10. I think it was 10 mins of ads, which included a live read advertisement, probably recorded, a random odds market without gaz and Tim, followed by news and then more ads. 180 min show with I reckon 45-60 mins of advertising/gambling advertising via segments on their show.

I reckon next year when they're back, I'm going to listen from start to finish and keep track of how many minutes are spent on ads and how many are gambling ones.

Obviously a very busy year ahead for me

Gotta agree. I love a punt but the over saturation of gambling promotion on every platform is getting out of hand. I guess morals go out the window when money is involved as always.
I do too, I like my footy multis, that's it. I spend $10 a week on them and that's it, I am in a fortunate position where I have that self control. But others who listen to that station don't, what do you think they do when they hear the sportsbet special every 20 mins? Followed by gamble responsibly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do too, I like my footy multis, that's it. I spend $10 a week on them and that's it, I am in a fortunate position where I have that self control. But others who listen to that station don't, what do you think they do when they hear the sportsbet special every 20 mins? Followed by gamble responsibly.
haha yeah exactly.

then the station whores itself out to all and sundry betting agencies.

Sen track on again , just not even hiding the fact that they have nothing other than horse racing to put to air

Remember Hutchy Big Bold plans 4 years ago that this would be a better station than the old

Cull the staff , cull the guests and segments , ramp up the adds and gambling

cue the “but it’s non rating period not many listen anyway” crew

If putting racing shows on during most of the day is what is bringing them money and lowering their costs ,then surely they dont need to deviate to anything else on the station in future.

Sen track on again , just not even hiding the fact that they have nothing other than horse racing to put to air

Remember Hutchy Big Bold plans 4 years ago that this would be a better station than the old

Cull the staff , cull the guests and segments , ramp up the adds and gambling

cue the “but it’s non rating period not many listen anyway” crew

If putting racing shows on during most of the day is what is bringing them money and lowering their costs ,then surely they dont need to deviate to anything else on the station in future.
To be fair, they probably planned for the third test to run longer, but I agree with everything you've said.

Responsible gambling blah blah blah

If you are an adult and bet when you can't afford it you are a *******.
To blame advertising and giving people an out is crap.

Cant afford it don't do it. Simple

Learn to take responsibility for your actions. The people of this world have become piss weak

Learn to take responsibility for your actions. The people of this world have become piss weak
if all else fails.....mental illness

Are we to really think that people are listening to Sen Track in massive numbers.

none ? Of their listeners even post on these threads

No BBL because it’s canceled, Chuck on Sen Track in it’s place

Are we to really think that people are listening to Sen Track in massive numbers.

none ? Of their listeners even post on these threads

They need to incorporate music outside of the footy season. Otherwise they simply don't have enough worthwhile content to make them worth listening to. Hell, they even scrape the bottom of the barrel during the footy season at times.

None ? Of their listeners even post on these threads
I've said before, it's kinda turning into the old 3UZ: it will eventually rate an asterisk, but be funded by racing.

Sen track on again , just not even hiding the fact that they have nothing other than horse racing to put to air.
Remember Hutchy Big Bold plans 4 years ago that this would be a better station than the old.
Yes, he waddles around town, making out he's the biggest PC, caring, woke dude out there, while at the same time making most of his cash from gambling ads.....so I keep saying :grinv1:

Concur and remember when an accident, solely derived from your actions, was simply deemed and accepted as 'an accident'. That is rare these days...

A neighbour up the street blind drunk after a big night on the sauce fell over outside his house a few years ago and broke his arm. In summary, his lawyer then convinced him to pursue a liability claim - then somehow, they successfully sued the local council as allegedly he tripped over essentially a crack in the footpath..!
Accordingly, why would most people even consider taking responsibility for their actions when this outcome is even possible..?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back