Radio 1116 SEN 2023 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

MauroFogheri

Fill the crucible
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pretty sure he was the highest paid on-air ABC person at about 290K.

Was a top earners leak at some point.
I remember when the Oz printed that (the story behind the leak is funny too). The top radio earners were Mottram in Sydney at early 300's, Faine in Melbourne at about 300, some TV earners were on 400...Whateley did a bit of ABC TV but can't remember him being the top earner. I think all the pious Southbank preachers would have gone on strike had a Sports bloke been top of the tree :rolleyes: BTW,did anyone catch the start ofyesterdays play?They had the crowd audio feed from the ground slightly ahead of Whateley's TV feed which he commentates off and the crowd reacted to a wicket (Haemeed) as Whateley was still describing the bowlers run-in, and he goes "oh..spoiler alert"...funny and well-handled by GW

Last edited:

RAPPA

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Looks like he couldn’t offload the last seven Black Caviar books as there on his home office bookshelf (3rd shelf from top , right hand side) or maybe Gerard was buying extra copies of his own book to get the sales up ?

He also has his WINX book on the top shelf

The Black Caviar painting behind him even has a 2 in it as sign of some Sen shows ratings numbers to come ?

And nine copies of some other book top shelf left hand side .

15438bf2b612d4adf0303f6a5b928a69

that desk chair typifies Gerard - grand, verbose, arrogant and not suited to the common person

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
across the park from commission flats
AFL Club
Richmond
that desk chair typifies Gerard - grand, verbose, arrogant and not suited to the common person
irony is Gerrard is as common as they come,dont let his delivery and hype of the language fool you,its an act after all and hes paid accordingly,to act
to giv a funk about stuff most of us dont have the time n energy to care less about,hes all theatre and u have the choice to pay n listen,when i say pay
i dont mean exactly $$$,i mean with time and thats more expensive imo,that room screams nothin but common laced with a very stylish and comfortable looking hand made chair,the room is pure pop culture

irony is Gerrard is as common as they come,dont let his delivery and hype of the language fool you,its an act after all and hes paid accordingly,to act
to giv a funk about stuff most of us dont have the time n energy to care less about,hes all theatre and u have the choice to pay n listen,when i say pay
i dont mean exactly $$$,i mean with time and thats more expensive imo,that room screams nothin but common laced with a very stylish and comfortable looking hand made chair,the room is pure pop culture
Odd rant. At least he does some preparation unlike most presenters on SEN. You say most don’t have the time to care to do room up yet here you are having a time wasting rant about something that no one gives a s**t about. The irony.

May 7, 2009
melbourne, australia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Shrewsbury FC
Don't hate many people I don't know

But I hate Gerald. I hate his long winded sermons. I hate his boring voice. I hate the fact that he is actually considered a decent radio broadcaster

The guy is a pompous prick. His words make my body screw around
He wants to be mike
At least mike shehan had some balls and asked the hard question

Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Don't hate many people I don't know

But I hate Gerald. I hate his long winded sermons. I hate his boring voice. I hate the fact that he is actually considered a decent radio broadcaster

The guy is a pompous prick. His words make my body screw around
He wants to be mike
At least mike shehan had some balls and asked the hard question
Don’t agree with much of that, but you’re right about the lack of hard questioning.

Seems keener to keep access to the big names than hold them to account.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

raymond35

Club Legend
Jan 5, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood vfl
Sen 6-7pm show now called The Sporting Flame for BBQs Galore with Simon O’Donnell and Jimmy Smith

Sen is on the BBQ , stick a fork in it

Not the old "one AFL guy and one NRL guy so the same show can be on in Melbourne and Sydney "
It never works, ever, on radio or television.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Today after the finish of the 1st BB game they started playing replays from the morning , including Gerards thoughts on what will happen to that tennis rat and that was after the decision. Gossage tweeted that they were well down on staff due to covid , surely they could have kept the garden gnome on for another 30 mins

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
across the park from commission flats
AFL Club
Richmond
Odd rant. At least he does some preparation unlike most presenters on SEN. You say most don’t have the time to care to do room up yet here you are having a time wasting rant about something that no one gives a sh*t about. The irony.
the point of the subject if you looked back a few comments was Gerrards choice of chair(which i like BTW) and the comment from one hes not in touch with the everyday person apparently cos of the chair,:think::think::think::think: i disagreed ,wots the huff ? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: if u disagree just say so or ignore,at least put up an opposing view on the room,u offended i called the room common ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back