Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

For me Andrew Gaze symbolises what is wrong with SEN and Fox for the matter. Remarkably thick, cannot string two sentences together, talks over guests and has no interest in let alone knowledge about other sports beyond basketball.

Both Fox and SEN seem to believe Gaze provides light entertainment. He certainly is light but he has no claims on being entertaining.

Hard to argue with those observations. I imagine that the networks/media companies think that Gaze's "good guy factor" is enough appeal. But for the discerning viewer/listener it is tiresome

For me Andrew Gaze symbolises what is wrong with SEN and Fox for the matter. Remarkably thick, cannot string two sentences together, talks over guests and has no interest in let alone knowledge about other sports beyond basketball.

Both Fox and SEN seem to believe Gaze provides light entertainment. He certainly is light but he has no claims on being entertaining.
He appeals to a demographic, the sports broadcasting equivalent of Scomo…the daggy dad.

Hard to argue with those observations. I imagine that the networks/media companies think that Gaze's "good guy factor" is enough appeal. But for the discerning viewer/listener it is tiresome

dead set legend in world basketball. Respected around the world. But as a media personality....wasnt he let go by sen previously?

I agree, gaze is a ripping bloke, as per MisterBs post. Not tom stewart "good bloke", but andrew gaze great bloke.

Sunday Crunchtime may as well be Josh Jenkins on his own , doing his own analysis , interviews and previews of the games

i dont mind whoever was calling the tigers eagles game today. jenkins was on too. one commentator kept referring to jenkins as josh jenkins when throwing to him.

The Sydney Kings did us a great disservice sacking him

Still trying to work out the significance of this.

....ball rolls out of bounds on the members side of the wing. The eagles are coming here, and have kicked the past 3 goals. How are you seeing things Josh Jenkins?

Approaching half time its the Tigers by 30, as I throw to you Josh Jenkins.

Constant reference to colleagues in the box by their full name.

During summer i recall a host, not a mainstay, do this ad nauseam. it created discussion here.

....ball rolls out of bounds on the members side of the wing. The eagles are coming here, and have kicked the past 3 goals. How are you seeing things Josh Jenkins?

Approaching half time its the Tigers by 30, as I throw to you Josh Jenkins.

Constant reference to colleagues in the box by their full name.

During summer i recall a host, not a mainstay, do this ad nauseam. it created discussion here.
Who was it , probably silly Hargraves

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As bad as that "Run Home" program is it gets worse when Julian "Big Calls" De Stoop hosts and constantly makes bold statements only to be proven wrong time and time again. Broadcasting standards have dropped massively over the past decade. 10-15 years ago it was tough for a young bloke to get a crack now they just throw them on willy nilly.

As bad as that "Run Home" program is it gets worse when Julian "Big Calls" De Stoop hosts and constantly makes bold statements only to be proven wrong time and time again. Broadcasting standards have dropped massively over the past decade. 10-15 years ago it was tough for a young bloke to get a crack now they just throw them on willy nilly.
The only thing that keeps SEN afloat is our want to hear about sport, rather than listening to some of the garbage FM stations etc.

SEN is seriously one of the most advertisement heavy stations on the radio (especially in the afternoon). It's *en painful. They go to an ad break at 4:50pm, return at 4:55pm, then break for the 5:00pm news at 4:57pm. 1/2 my *en drive home is listening to Coach Nick and Robot building supplies.

The only thing that keeps SEN afloat is our want to hear about sport, rather than listening to some of the garbage FM stations etc.

SEN is seriously one of the most advertisement heavy stations on the radio (especially in the afternoon). It's *en painful. They go to an ad break at 4:50pm, return at 4:55pm, then break for the 5:00pm news at 4:57pm. 1/2 my *en drive home is listening to Coach Nick and Robot building supplies.
Don't forget Steel Solutions!

WTF happened to the cricket on SEN this morning? It stopped at 3am, with an hour of play left. The previous morning, it stopped at 4am, with one potentially action-packed over left. It's reminiscent of the time a couple of years ago when the close BBL game in Perth stopped at 1am, missing the climax :p

Last edited:
WTF happened to the cricket on SEN this morning? It stopped at 3am, with an hour of play left. The previous morning, it stopped at 4am, with one potentially action-packed over left. It's reminiscent of the time a couple of years ago when the close BBL game in Perth stopped at 1am, missing the climax :p

To delay the climax

It used to be , think of grandmas socks , now its think of Sen ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back