Radio 1116 SEN 2023 Line-up

Terrific interview with Ryan Leaf, former NFL player. The bloke was articulate, well spoken, polite and respectful. No clichés, no yeah nahs.

Tim and Garry were excellent. Up there with the best theyve done. With ryan they asked insightful questions allowing the guest to expand.

The contrast in interviewing technique of tim and garry has never been so stark. with footy players its more that they are friends with them, questions aren't deep diving.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
And the station was inundated with complaints so Der-wayne had to apologise for not dumping on Marg from Sunbury!!....Pretty ordinary comment from the old bird. Considering they want her to be a regular on their station, maybe Hutchy should teach her some radio etiquette...
Family is probably feral .

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This past few weeks I've noticed how stark the difference is between Garry & Bucks, and Garry & Tim. Garry and Bucks are so stiff and awkward in their interactions. I don't really understand why, I think Bucks has this weird alpha dog thing where he always needs to be the biggest dog in the room. Makes for shithouse radio. Or maybe they just don't get along that well and have that chemistry, because Bucks is fine with certain people.

Anyway just makes me appreciate Garry & Tim. * they are funny together and get along so well. Makes for such good radio.

SammyRoo

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This past few weeks I've noticed how stark the difference is between Garry & Bucks, and Garry & Tim. Garry and Bucks are so stiff and awkward in their interactions. I don't really understand why, I think Bucks has this weird alpha dog thing where he always needs to be the biggest dog in the room. Makes for shithouse radio. Or maybe they just don't get along that well and have that chemistry, because Bucks is fine with certain people.

Anyway just makes me appreciate Garry & Tim. * they are funny together and get along so well. Makes for such good radio.
Bucks can be pretty dry and dead pan voice.

I think what he has to say is interesting when he talks, but doesn’t really have “radio craft” as they say ?

I texted in to Dwayne on the Tempur Text Line, that's T-E-M-P-U-R, to correct him on some information he was giving out.

No attribution to yours truly, but he corrected himself, and I felt better to have improved the program in a small way.

Without credit to a name it never happened

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
King going to town on the afl for its shithouseness for making the game a mess.

Rules and protecting the head has changed since round 1. Brad Scott nowhere to be seen.
He bats himself off over head high s**t. Whenever an incident happens, it's Christmas come early for David, dead set loves talking about it.

the avoca drover

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2007
The house of Jim Jess
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon UTT
Didn't worry that rat when he slid in with his knees in a final and took a player out
I remember that in 1996. Hit him in the head with his knees and had to go off.
Craig O’Brien I think.
I texted the station and reminded him of it when he was carrying on.
Obviously, never got read out.

Back