Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Reported in the Hun.

SEN boss Craig Hutchison has apologised to the Anti-Defamation Commission for “inadvertent offence” over antisemitic comments made by a regular caller to the radio segment hosted by Tim Watson and Garry Lyon.
Caller “John from Epping” – a North Melbourne supporter – made demeaning comments about his club drafting Jewish star Harry Sheezel, saying it would be a financial boost for the club because his family would be “loaded with money”.

Unless I read incorrectly, is the sum of what he said was that Jewish people have a lot of money? Not sure where the prejudice or hostility is.

I mean people would still argue otherwise but yeah it is kind of a compliment lol. Isn't the racial stereotype usually that Jews are tight with their money?

I can't believe Garry and Tim were copping it for that though lol. Garry in a professional manner deflected and downplayed Johnny saying that, what else do you want?

Adam White is part of the streaming team on Shield games.

Nice for him not to have early mornings now.
Wonder if he’ll be able to do shield games from home. Otherwise one imagines he’s on the road living in hotels and the like.

What will RSN do now do you think ?

Nice for him not to have early mornings now.
Wonder if he’ll be able to do shield games from home. Otherwise one imagines he’s on the road living in hotels and the like.

What will RSN do now do you think ?
Think I've only heard him call Shield matches in Melbourne. Could be wrong. Anyway, they can call the Shield cricket off the TV screen from anywhere.

Speaking of which, haven't really got into SEN's broadcast of World Cup matches. Blokes in the studio in Melbourne and Perth calling it off the monitor. Hutchy reckons it doesn't matter. TalkSport UK sounds like they are at the ground, even if they're not. Maybe its better just because I don't know! lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want some nastiness inserted into SEN. I don't know how, but I want it.

It's all too nice and PC, at the moment.

They've become more left-wing, than the ABC. How is that even possible?

Maybe I'm just a pr1ck.

What sort of un PC opinions do you want espoused on air?

What sort of un PC opinions do you want espoused on air?

I remember Dwayne (Shane) cutting off a caller, because he mentioned the name of Johnny Warren's book. It was in context, but the idiot host put an end to it. It's not an opinion, but it's still pathetic.

I remember Dwayne (Shane) cutting off a caller, because he mentioned the name of Johnny Warren's book. It was in context, but the idiot host put an end to it. It's not an opinion, but it's still pathetic.
ah that book. i get where youre coming from.

Paul Sebastiani is a fantastic host. He's been a phenomenal find, for SEN. Currently hosting overnights and doing all the World Cup related stuff, throughout the early hours. Like Jen Wallace, he's very friendly and relatable. Engages is meaningful conversations, with callers. None of the fake rubbish, that accompanies day hosts.

Think I've only heard him call Shield matches in Melbourne. Could be wrong. Anyway, they can call the Shield cricket off the TV screen from anywhere.

Speaking of which, haven't really got into SEN's broadcast of World Cup matches. Blokes in the studio in Melbourne and Perth calling it off the monitor. Hutchy reckons it doesn't matter. TalkSport UK sounds like they are at the ground, even if they're not. Maybe its better just because I don't know! lol

It was broadcasting Euro 2000 from hotel rooms in the Benelux that gained talkSPORT a lot of notoriety and hence publicity and really launched them into the mainstream radio consciousness. This was nothing new at the time but there was outrage nonetheless. Sky would do La Liga games from London and Channel 4 would send a presenter and reporter to Italy for their Serie A coverage but their commentators were in the UK.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back